“Great place to stay at the airport”

London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We attended a Christmas party at the Marriott Hotel last weekend. Marriott's are known for their customer service and this was no exception. We got checked in as soon as we arrived, even though we were early. Our room was excellent, overlooking the hotel lobby and it's Christmas tree. I was worried about the noise because the hotel is right across from one of the runways, but even though it was noisy outside, we never heard anything inside! The party for 100 people went very smoothly and the food was great. The waiting staff kept coming around to the tables asking if we needed anything and serving wine. In the morning we got up late and went downstairs for breakfast. We were told as we entered that they were almost finished serving breakfast but to check with the chef. The chef immediately started making us fresh omelets, while we chose the rest of our meals. By the time the toast was done, our omelets were also. After the excellent breakfast, we checked out and even then the staff was asking us to fill out their loyalty card and making sure we were on the system. If you are going to stay at Heathrow, stay at the Marriott.

Room Tip: The inside rooms overlooking the lobby are nice and quiet
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel!

I am glad you received the exceptional service we are so proud to give here at the London Heathrow Marriott, from reception, to food and beverage, to conferencing teams. It is also lovely to hear you enjoyed your Christmas party with us - we certainly enjoyed accommodating you and contributing to your festive activities!

I hope we can welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.

Have a merry Christmas!

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,714)

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I arrived at this property at 3 in the afternoon one day last week and found that the hotel computer systems were down. That meant people couldn't check in and out in a normal fashion. I was a bit panicked since I had very important call at 3:30 and had to be in my room to place it.

Much to my surprise I soon discover that the ladies at the desk were calling upstairs to confirm room status, keeping a manual record of occupied and unoccupied, and had figured out how to deal with what would to most hotels be impossible. I was in my room in time for my call, the front desk helped me "trick" the internet access system which normally requires a name and room number verification from the computer system.

About the property- very convenient location next to Heathrow, with a well equipped gym. The Marriott club is downstairs and had tasty hot and cold treats along with the usual drinks.

The Italian restaurant on site is quite good.

The room I was assigned was spacious with nice furnishings, comfortable, and clean. I could hear the roar of the runway but a fan fixed that.

This is not a new property but it appears to have been recently renovated. It is one of the nicer Marriott's I've visited in the UK.

The thing that stands out here is the staff, they stand out for this part of the world. Professional, friendly, but on top of things even in difficult times.

Room Tip: Ask for a fan at check-in. All the properties on Bath Rd have runway noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary T

Thank you for taking your time to review your experience here at the London Heathrow Marriott.

It was certainly a challenging time for us at your point of check in, and I am absolutely delighted to hear our staff were still able to provide an efficient and professional service to you - it is good to hear you were able to take your conference call! I have passed on your feedback to our team to commend them, so thank you.

It is also brilliant to hear you made use of our gym and our food and beverage outlets.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Have a fantastic Christmas,

Reviewed 11 December 2013

After getting stuck at LHR due to bad weather I needed a hotel room for an overnight stay. Since have been a guest at this Marriott before I asked the Airline to make a reservation for me. The Airline confirms the booking! but once I arrived at the Marriott, there was no record of a reservation and the Hotel was fully booked. I have to say, that in my 30 years of staying regularly at Marriott hotels all over the world, I have never experienced a more courteous, professional and helpful front desk manager like Mrs. Sarah Kennington, who went above and beyond the to be expected efforts to find a solution to provide a much needed room for me. I congratulate Marriott to such a fine employee, a great job well done. Thanks from a very satisfied customer.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your fantastic review - Sarah was absolutely delighted to read your feedback, and it was shared throughout the hotel! It is brilliant to hear she was able to personally assist you in a challenging situation.

I hope we can welcome you back to the London Heathrow Marriott again soon.

Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have stayed for 3 nights on a business trip.
The room has no robes, no slippers, no dental cleaning kit, as expected from a five star hotel. Besides, for the wi-fi we we had to pay, which should not happen taking into account the rate we paid (I know several other 5 star hotels that offer free wi-fi).
In the bathroom, there rust in the shower.
In addition, one night it was a party in the hotel, with loud music and because we could not sleep until 1 am.

I don't recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Indeed, we are not a 5 star hotel, we are a 4 star hotel. However, robes, slippers, and dental kits are available on request - our At Your Service team will make sure such items are delivered within 15 minutes of requesting them. Although WiFi is charged in the room, we also offer complimentary WiFi throughout our public areas.

Regarding your further feedback, I would appreciate it if you could contact me on Farrah.Azam@marriotthotels.com, in order to provide details of your reservation so we can follow up.

In the meantime, I wish you a very happy Christmas!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed here the first night we flew into Heathrow and then again at the end of our trip before flying out. It was clean and quiet. The staff was wonderful and friendly. We took a taxi from the airport and then again from London. It was a little costly to take a cab from the city, but still less than parking in the city and cost of the car rental for another few days. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane w

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience when staying with us - your review was lovely to read, and it is reassuring to hear you enjoyed your time here at the London Heathrow Marriott.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Have a lovely christmas,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have used this hotel since it opened to stay at, have business meetings and dinners. It was convenient and always hospitable.

Sadly, Marriott have sub-contracted management of the car park to a company called Parking Eye which makes it as inconvenient to pay as possible with the sole intention of giving out parking fines. As egregious as the fees are..who carries £16 in change in their pocket there is no way to pay other than phone them which if the line is busy doesn't work.

So in future, I will take my money and spend at a hotel which values its customers and makes it convenient to park, eat, sleep...

Shame on Marriott because it reflects on the entire group of hotels worldwide

5  Thank Rick S
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I thank you for the past business you have brought to our hotel; I am glad you enjoyed our hospitality.

Our car park is indeed managed by Parking Eye, and we value your feedback regarding this. We are currently in negotiations with Parking Eye in order to make the system even more convenient and easier to use.

However, in addition to paying parking through cash or by credit card at the machine, you can also pay directly at our hotel reception, which you may find a much easier option. Moreover, if £15 or above is spent in our food and beverage outlets, we will validate your car parking free of charge at reception.

I hope this is able to reassure you regarding Parking Eye and not deter you from using our hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any further concerns.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have stayed here a number of times. It's easy to give this hotel 5 stars since the last hotels we've stayed at were in west Africa and the Middle East. This experience is literally light years ahead of those other places and makes a wonderful first impression for those visiting the UK.

We jumped a commuter bus and arrived today at around 12 Noon. I love the lobby of this hotel with its impressive hanging screen-material sculptures (sorry, not an artist so I'm probably botching that description) of Olympic events. As might be expected, a room wasn't quite ready at that hour. Front desk clerk gave us temporary keys to the business lounge where we could enjoy some refreshments and relax. She also asked if we'd like her to keep our luggage, which was very nice not needing to drag it around with us.

Instead of the lounge, we opted for the onsite grill restaurant called Allie's American Grille. Pricey (what hotel restaurant isn't?) but lovely and terrific service from the wait staff. We thought the food was quite good (my husband had a burger and lentil soup and I had a small salad and the fish and chips). While we were eating, the desk clerk appeared with our room keys and told us that our bags had already been taken there. We were exhausted and it was such a small thing but it was HUGE in our minds.

These rooms are modern and clean. The beds are super comfortable and there are wonderful climate control settings that are easy to operate (can be switched from C to F, temps can be regulated, as can the speed of an internal fan).

The in-room internet service can support up to five devices, a real bonus in this day and age.

As frequent business travelers with Marriott, we have access to the business lounge. There is a young man from Italy that does an excellent job busing the tables and keeping the food fresh and well stocked. At supper time (approximately 5:30-7:00), there is delicious food available as well as red and white wines. Tonight's fare was a bit of whipped potatoes topped with a bite of grilled chicken, crudites with hummus and dips, bread sticks and flat bread, delightful finger sandwiches, and grapefruit sections mixed with fennel bulbs and other fresh herbs, in addition to nuts, candy, cookies, fruit and beverages. They also feature nightly hot, fried vegetarian options. While this is not meant to be a full meal (chicken, grapefruit were served in individual small dishes similar to ramekins), it's a perfect light meal and nutritious and negates the need for another restaurant tab. (Can you believe I've stayed at restaurants that "offer" complimentary popcorn and hotdogs for 'dinner' and people actually eat it; ugghhhh; nasty.)

In addition, this particular Marriott is priced quite a bit less than some of the others in the heart of London. The worst I can say about this place (and most all Marriotts) is that they don't serve Coca-Cola products.

2  Thank Denise C

Thank you for your absolutely wonderful review of our hotel - I will ensure your lovely feedback, particularly of reception and Stefano, our executive lounge attendant, is shared with the team.

I am delighted to hear you were so happy with your arrival and dining experiences - we work hard to ensure our guests travel brilliantly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!