Directly opposite to the airport and so from various rooms you can see aircraft taking off and from outside you can definately hear them but the double glazing works because you certainly cannot hear them from inside.
The layout of the hotel consists of a five storey block of rooms set basically in two blocks either side of a glass atrium. You either have a room looking into the centre concourse or looking outwards - so either up or down Bath Road. The rooms facing onto the centre atrium/concourse are the quietest.
Bedrooms are quite large with two double beds, the usual corner bathroom with a shower over the bath, a large double wardrobe opposite and a flatscreen TV on the desk oppposite to the beds.
Rooms are clean and the staff are attentive. Heating is via Air-conditioning which can leave you with a bit of a dry mouth by morning. The beds are really comfirtable though.
The hotel is used by airlines and they also have coach parties visiting but they deal with the high numbers quite well - having a separate check-in desk for when large numbers arrive.
The best meal is definately breakfast with an array of hot and cold food. A separate island servery features a chef who will cook your egg or omelette to perfection. Also remembering the hotels American roots - he will cook you your waffle or a pancake as well.
The evening meal is a different matter. Its either good or bad - nothing in between really.
For an alternative evening meal there is a quite nice pub within walking distance called the Pheasant Inn, its basically a 10 minute walk down the road at the side of the Hotel, behind Unite the unions offices.
I hope that this review is of help to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located less than a mile from the airport, the London Heathrow Marriott Hotel offers a relaxing retreat for both business and leisure travelers. Unwind in our beautifully furnished guest rooms or plan your next meeting in any of our versatile event spaces. Our convenient location places us just minutes from the heart of the city and some of London's most famous attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your London Heathrow Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott London Heathrow Hotel Hayes
- London Heathrow Marriott Hotel Hayes, Greater London
- Marriott Hotel London Heathrow
- Marriott Hayes
- Hayes Marriott