“No aircraft noise”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cannock, United Kingdom
“No aircraft noise”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Directly opposite to the airport and so from various rooms you can see aircraft taking off and from outside you can definately hear them but the double glazing works because you certainly cannot hear them from inside.
The layout of the hotel consists of a five storey block of rooms set basically in two blocks either side of a glass atrium. You either have a room looking into the centre concourse or looking outwards - so either up or down Bath Road. The rooms facing onto the centre atrium/concourse are the quietest.

Bedrooms are quite large with two double beds, the usual corner bathroom with a shower over the bath, a large double wardrobe opposite and a flatscreen TV on the desk oppposite to the beds.
Rooms are clean and the staff are attentive. Heating is via Air-conditioning which can leave you with a bit of a dry mouth by morning. The beds are really comfirtable though.
The hotel is used by airlines and they also have coach parties visiting but they deal with the high numbers quite well - having a separate check-in desk for when large numbers arrive.

The best meal is definately breakfast with an array of hot and cold food. A separate island servery features a chef who will cook your egg or omelette to perfection. Also remembering the hotels American roots - he will cook you your waffle or a pancake as well.
The evening meal is a different matter. Its either good or bad - nothing in between really.

For an alternative evening meal there is a quite nice pub within walking distance called the Pheasant Inn, its basically a 10 minute walk down the road at the side of the Hotel, behind Unite the unions offices.

I hope that this review is of help to you.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms face inwards over the centre atrium/concourse
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MyKey6
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you so much for your detailed complimentary review of our hotel. We truly appreciate our guests feedback, as it helps us to enhance the way experience we provide!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; indeed, our hotel lobby can become a busy environment, and we do everything to ensure these numbers are handled well and efficiently.

It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, including our eggs and pancakes made to order!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Polish first
Seabeck, Washington
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great hotel to stay when flying out of the country after working in other parts of the country. Rooms have double glass windows that all but cancel the noise from the airport. Sat in my room and could see planes taking off with no noise with the tv on at a very low level. Executive lounge staff are fantastic, making sure that all items are well stocked.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for making time to write a review of our hotel.

I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay. Indeed, airport noise is not an issue for us here at the London Heathrow Marriott.

Thank you also for the specific commendation to the staff in our executive lounge!

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel on your next stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Those visiting were myself, my wife and our children 9 and 7, From start to finish excellent. We were checked in and out by Mr Barrington Hope. He was very kind, welcoming and attentive. We swam both days in the lovely clean and inviting pool. The leisure club staff were very professional and helpful. Had a great time in the executive lounge food, drink and service all superb. At breakfast an astonishing range of choice. The attendant chef was happy to meet his customers needs with deft culinary skills and chat thoughtfully with guests at the same tome. Our room was comfortable, clean, well equipped and remarkably quiet with no aircraft noise even though the hotel is close to the runway. Thanks to everyone at the hotel for making our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - and such a wonderful review!

It is absolutely superb to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay from start to finish. Thank you for the commendations of our staff, particularly the special mention to Barrington.

We do hope you can return to us in future!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Good rooms. But I stayed in your hotel (room 4054) this week and i forgot a white converter and iphone 5s charger in the room. I called 30min after i left the hotel and the girl (Monica) who i spoke to said she would check and email me back asap. I never heard back from anyone from the hotel. Than i called again and another girl she said would check and its great i called since my room wasn't cleaned as of when i spoke with her and also never got back to me. 100% i forgot it there. I have also emailed the front desk and havent heard back from anyone in 2 days.

Would be great if a Manager can get in touch with me ASAP by email.

Dave

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Albert5976
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for your review - I am delighted to hear you were pleased with your bedroom.

I have e-mailed you personally regarding your lost property.

Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel never disappoints. We have stayed here on numourous occasions and have always been extremely satisfied. the hotel is always busy with people in and out for flights, but never seems crowded. From the lobby to the bedrooms the hotel is very, very clean. All of the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and will go out of their way to assist you in every matter. The buffet breakfast is tremendous and plentiful, again the restaurant staff are exceptional in seeing to guests needs. this hotel has great leisure facilities. We would certainly recommend this hotel as it is a clean, friendly hotel located in a convienient plac for the airport and travelling into Londo by tube.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your brilliant review of our hotel! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and our staff were delighted to read your comments.

We look forward to your next visit to us!

Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We needed a hotel close to the airport for an early departing flight. This was perfect!!
I loved London, but was ready for some American food (and bar drinks) and was excited that I felt like I was coming home staying here. The service was impeccable, the staff, very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean, big and beautiful!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay. Thank you also for your wonderful comments - it is lovely to hear you feel at home here, as our aim is always to provide an experience where our guests are comfortable and each need is met.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

London
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Rarely use airport hotels, always figured they'd be noisy with no soul. From start making reservations, on day of arrival, I was given advice by hotel on best rate for me. Even though I arrived 2hours before check-in, they kept me waiting like 3mins.to ensure housekeeping had room ready. I upgraded to exec room which gave me free wifi, breakfast and access to the club lounge which.serves free soft drinks/snacks throughout the day with a cocktail hoursss from I think 5.30pm to 7.00pm or maybe 7.30pm, whatever it was they certainly didn't rush anyone to drink up as is usual In club lounges. Heathrow hoppa stops right in hotel front entrance and bellman kindly put all my luggage on-board. Tickets on sale from machine in.concierge. Breakfast buffet in main restaurant, was extensive with hot station etc. Even serve proper sausages. From beginning to end of.my what really stood out for me.was the staff. All young, keen to help and make your stay a comfortable happy time. Only one surly girl on reception but I witnessed her colleagues step in and handle things w a seamless professional demeanour. They took care of some printing for me and.not once tried to negotiate a charge, just did it and smiled as they returned it. The concierge/bell boy standout too as excellent. Really big London hotels should be out looking at this team, this is how hotels should be run. I admit I was reluctant to stay there, but I was wrong. Oh the rooms are nice, bathroom not fabulous but.towels big and fluffy and lovely dressing gown. Good tv and very good placement of place to charge phones/gadgets. Going to stay again at of the month...I.think they let you park your car for free but not sure..they did keep some if my winter clothes for me until my return and.took the time to show me how safely they will be kept. Oh yeah...I.net used laundry I think sent at 2pm got it back 4hours later nicely wrapped in tissue paper. A five star hotel in all respects.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank tani267
Thank you for your absolutely wonderful review of our hotel! I am so pleased you had a brilliant stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us later this month.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!