“A Nice Stay Near Heathrow”

London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A Nice Stay Near Heathrow”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I flew in to London to attend a short course in a site near the Heathrow airport, so picking up an airport hotel was a natural choice. After looking at some hotels in the area, I noticed that the Marriott received good reviews and it wasn't too dear compared to the other choices, so I picked it.
As far as the room is concerned, the look and feel was similar to other Marriott hotels I stayed in at the USA. No surprises there. The room was comfortable and quiet. I did have a problem with the pillows who were not so comfortable for me, and I think it did take a hit on my quality of sleep. For one, I don't understand why they had to place so many pillows on the bed. Another problem is that the bed was a little short. I am not a tall man, but I did manage to find my feed over the bed if my head wasn't close to the wall.
The room had a TV that I didn't use. There were both WiFi and wired internet connection. I used the Wired Internet connection. My rate included the use of Internet (not all rates do) and I didn't see any mention of it in my bill. The Internet speed was good, though I only used it for low volume networking (E-Mail, surf the web. No clips or movies).
I have used the hotel restaurant for breakfast. The price was steep, but the breakfast buffet was good. They make omelets too with onions, mushrooms, cheese, bell pepper and more. The service at the restaurant was good.
I only used the concierge to book me a taxi to the site of the course.

The pros of the place are its location for those who need an airport hotel, the good service and the good breakfast (breakfast was not included in my rate).
The cons are the pillows (for me), the dearness of the restaurant (17.95 pounds for the buffet breakfast), the location, other than its proximity to the airport (not much to do in the area).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel; we truly appreciate our guest's feedback!

I am delighted to see that you were pleased with your stay overall, and were able to enjoy our high speed internet, extensive breakfast buffet and our service; we truly work to prioritise our guests needs and requests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I miss my flight and need somewhere to stay for the night; i managed to negotiable a good rate over rate over the phone and made my way to the Hotel

Everything is as it should for a good Hotel except the shower on the top floor (i like to stay on the top floor) hardly any water coming out/not much pressure.

I hope this get sorted before my next visit.

Room Tip: Pay a little but extra for an upgrade to a bigger room, haggle for the price that you are willing to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I am so glad you were able to have an enjoyable stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay; please do ensure that we are notified of anything you may require assistance with during your stay, as we are always delighted to rectify and resolve anything as soon as possible in all situations.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed on our way back from a week in UK where we had some wonderful meals and accommodations. We weren't expecting much from a hotel near the airport. However, the hotel management, Ron, Maarten, Farrah, and Fernando (maybe others, too) hosted a small reception for Elite members. This was an unexpected, wonderful farewell to England evening..they really care about their guests and we appreciated the special attention!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you so much for completing a review on Trip Advisor, we do truly appreciate your lovely words!

It was fantastic to meet you at our cocktail evening, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to this area.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I arrived at the hotel after spending two hours chasing my bags around Heathrow as they had been tagged through to my final destination and not Heathrow. Needless to say I arrived at the hotel feeling somewhat frazzled. The feeling was soon eased away as the check in was flawlessly smooth and the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Yes this is an airport hotel and the prices are slightly higher. However they are not excessively high so I didn't feel cheated in any way. The wi-fi was fast and I never lost connection.
As I had opted for an executive room I had the complimentary breakfast in the lounge. The breakfast was adequate but nothing out of the ordinary, and had I known I would have opted for the full breakfast offered to me in the lounge at the airport.
Would I stay here again? Yes, and in fact I am doing so on my return journey, but I will not opt for the room upgrade this time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel!

I am overjoyed to hear we were able to offer you a warm welcome and turn your day around, after your struggles at the airport.

Thank you for staying with us, and I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a convenient hotel if you have an early morning flight from Heathrow - and if you prefer Marriott properties. However, on my most recent visit, the wifi was extremely difficult to connect to - I actually moved rooms twice in order to get a good connection. That said, the hotel was very accommodating and helpful. Secondly, the concierge lounge was an absolute zoo. The lounge is very tiny to begin with and it was extremely crowded and extremely loud. While the servers tried hard to maintain it, it was also just a mess - there were just too many people, the food was falling off trays, some of the snack items in cannisters were stale, and it was just an unpleasant place to be. I will try the Renaissance on my next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We always value our guest feedback, and on this occasion, we were delighted to have the opportunity to upgrade you to our Ambassodor Suite where the issue with the internet was resolved.

With regards to your comments regarding the Executive Lounge, we were experiencing a high volume of guests on the evening of your stay, which our mangement team are currently in discussion about, to avoid this reoccuring in the future.

I am, of course, dissapointed that you may choose to stay elsewhere rather than the London Heathrow Marriott in the future, but should you return to us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com.

Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I missed a flight from London Heathrow back to the US and had to stay for an unplanned night. The London Heathrow Marriott was welcoming and put me in a better mood. The rate was reasonable for London. I was not far from Windsor Castle and the concierge helped me figure out how I could go there for the afternoon. My hotel room was spacious and comfortable. I was able to use the very nice hotel pool and hot tub. Had a wonderful dinner at the Italian restaurant in the hotel. If you're ever stuck due to a missed flight, I highly recommend this nice hotel which is a short and free bus ride from Heathrow.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel!

I am so glad we were able to provide a brilliant experience for you, despite the unfortunate circumstances leading to your stay with us. It is also lovely to hear you enjoyed making use of our leisure facilities, and dined well in our Tuscany restaurant, awarded with an AA rosette!

I do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future - though, hopefully under better circumstances!

england
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here both before and after our holiday and booked through holiday extras. Over the years we have stayed in the majority of the hotels around heathrow apart from this one so we thought to give it a try. It was considerably more expensive than some other hotels but it looks great from the outside. The first visit was fine, we were on the rewards club floor checked in reasonably quickly. We never eat at the hotels as its often a rip off so we left to go elsewhere. The room was large and we had 2 double beds. We had some extras in the room such as dressing gowns and a few extra goodies in the bathroom. As we had a rewards card we got a later check out as such we used the pool, which is small. The second visit was on our return and we were on the 3rd floor. The room was the same size but without the rewards floor benefits. Again we used the pool the following morning. Check in was quick. On both nights we didn't hear any noises from the airport. Ultimately its an airport hotel and its over priced for just a nights stay. The first stay the bed was lovely and comfortable but the 2nd night stay I woke with a sore back. The car park does not have any secure admission or exit as its monitored by number plate reading cameras so its not as secure as it could be. We took a short stroll to the nearby mcdonalds for breakfast each morning. My advice don't be taken in by the outside and stay somewhere cheaper. We caught the local bus 423 to T5 for free rather than use the hoppa.

Room Tip: get a rewards card. Its free and you may get a free upgrade even though you don't have a lot of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad you were able to enjoy our hotel, facilities, and bedroom amenities. We always strive to upgrade our Marriott Reward members whenever we have availaility as a gesture of goodwill, so it is lovely that you had the opportunity to experience one of our executive rooms through this.

Our car park is indeed monitored by both cameras which record registration plates, as well as a CCTV system; our concierge and duty managers also conduct security walks throughout the day and night.

It is disappointing to us that you would choose to stay elsewhere for a lower rate; we do find the standard of service we consistently strive to maintain encourages our guests to return again and again. If there is anything particular that you would like to provide specific feedback on, in order to alter this decision, please do not hestiate to contact me at farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!