I flew in to London to attend a short course in a site near the Heathrow airport, so picking up an airport hotel was a natural choice. After looking at some hotels in the area, I noticed that the Marriott received good reviews and it wasn't too dear compared to the other choices, so I picked it.
As far as the room is concerned, the look and feel was similar to other Marriott hotels I stayed in at the USA. No surprises there. The room was comfortable and quiet. I did have a problem with the pillows who were not so comfortable for me, and I think it did take a hit on my quality of sleep. For one, I don't understand why they had to place so many pillows on the bed. Another problem is that the bed was a little short. I am not a tall man, but I did manage to find my feed over the bed if my head wasn't close to the wall.
The room had a TV that I didn't use. There were both WiFi and wired internet connection. I used the Wired Internet connection. My rate included the use of Internet (not all rates do) and I didn't see any mention of it in my bill. The Internet speed was good, though I only used it for low volume networking (E-Mail, surf the web. No clips or movies).
I have used the hotel restaurant for breakfast. The price was steep, but the breakfast buffet was good. They make omelets too with onions, mushrooms, cheese, bell pepper and more. The service at the restaurant was good.
I only used the concierge to book me a taxi to the site of the course.
The pros of the place are its location for those who need an airport hotel, the good service and the good breakfast (breakfast was not included in my rate).
The cons are the pillows (for me), the dearness of the restaurant (17.95 pounds for the buffet breakfast), the location, other than its proximity to the airport (not much to do in the area).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located less than a mile from the airport, the London Heathrow Marriott Hotel offers a relaxing retreat for both business and leisure travelers. Unwind in our beautifully furnished guest rooms or plan your next meeting in any of our versatile event spaces. Our convenient location places us just minutes from the heart of the city and some of London's most famous attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your London Heathrow Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott London Heathrow Hotel Hayes
- London Heathrow Marriott Hotel Hayes, Greater London
- Marriott Hotel London Heathrow
- Marriott Hayes
- Hayes Marriott