“Airport Layover Only”

London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here many occasions for business, much better hotel's in the area. Good bus links to train station and terminal 5. Can't comment on the restaurant food. Rooms jus what you expect for a marriott. Reception staff not the friendliest.
Once left some items of clothing behind by accident, I noticed they weren't with me an hour after check-out. I called hotel and at first they said there was no such items. After being put on hold and passed from pillar to post on the telephone the items made an appearance. They were most unhelpful in trying to assist me to get them back. Eventually I did but no thanks to the hotel staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. It is pleasing to hear you are a regular guest of ours, although of course, disappointing to hear that you feel other hotels may prove better.

I would truly appreciate the opportunity to meet you on your next stay, to take your feedback personally and ensure that you experience a wonderful stay with us each and every time from now on; please do contact me on farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com, or ask for any member of our guest relations team upon your next visit at check in.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I gave this hotel a five star review after our stay and this will not change. However I was really shocked to receive a parking fine for £60 for leaving the car park without paying. We genuinely thought as guests of the hotel parking was included. Apparently there are signs everywhere but it was wet and windy when we left and I think we put heads down, ran to the car and just drove off. So although this is not the fault of the hotel I do feel they could have mentioned this to us on checkout. I can't believe it has just happened to us. The private company must be making a healthy profit on these fines.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sheffieldmac

Thank you for taking the time to give us a 5 star review on Trip Advisor! I am so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us!

I do apologise that you received a parking fine; our guests do indeed pay a reduced rate of £15 per night for our car park, but please contact me directly on farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com, in order for me to assist you with this.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed over night and flew out on holiday the next morning.
The welcome form staff was personal and polite.
I was given free we fi access in my room and complimentary breakfast without asking which was much appreciated and made me feel valued as a regular Marriott user.
My standard room was spotlessly clean and tidy upon my arrival and the extra foam pillows I requested were indeed present.
My only small problem was that the air conditioner was not very sitting and did not cool the room enough for my liking but this did not spoil my visit and I would highly recommend this hotel for its convenience, peace and quiet and staff.
I shall return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David C
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - and such a wonderful review!

I am delighted to hear you had such a brilliant stay and enjoyed your experience with us. Our housekeeping team do work tirelessly and strive to have every room as clean as can be. We take every opportunity to ensure our guest's and Marriott Rewards members are looked after.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I flew in to London to attend a short course in a site near the Heathrow airport, so picking up an airport hotel was a natural choice. After looking at some hotels in the area, I noticed that the Marriott received good reviews and it wasn't too dear compared to the other choices, so I picked it.
As far as the room is concerned, the look and feel was similar to other Marriott hotels I stayed in at the USA. No surprises there. The room was comfortable and quiet. I did have a problem with the pillows who were not so comfortable for me, and I think it did take a hit on my quality of sleep. For one, I don't understand why they had to place so many pillows on the bed. Another problem is that the bed was a little short. I am not a tall man, but I did manage to find my feed over the bed if my head wasn't close to the wall.
The room had a TV that I didn't use. There were both WiFi and wired internet connection. I used the Wired Internet connection. My rate included the use of Internet (not all rates do) and I didn't see any mention of it in my bill. The Internet speed was good, though I only used it for low volume networking (E-Mail, surf the web. No clips or movies).
I have used the hotel restaurant for breakfast. The price was steep, but the breakfast buffet was good. They make omelets too with onions, mushrooms, cheese, bell pepper and more. The service at the restaurant was good.
I only used the concierge to book me a taxi to the site of the course.

The pros of the place are its location for those who need an airport hotel, the good service and the good breakfast (breakfast was not included in my rate).
The cons are the pillows (for me), the dearness of the restaurant (17.95 pounds for the buffet breakfast), the location, other than its proximity to the airport (not much to do in the area).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel; we truly appreciate our guest's feedback!

I am delighted to see that you were pleased with your stay overall, and were able to enjoy our high speed internet, extensive breakfast buffet and our service; we truly work to prioritise our guests needs and requests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I miss my flight and need somewhere to stay for the night; i managed to negotiable a good rate over rate over the phone and made my way to the Hotel

Everything is as it should for a good Hotel except the shower on the top floor (i like to stay on the top floor) hardly any water coming out/not much pressure.

I hope this get sorted before my next visit.

Room Tip: Pay a little but extra for an upgrade to a bigger room, haggle for the price that you are willing to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I am so glad you were able to have an enjoyable stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay; please do ensure that we are notified of anything you may require assistance with during your stay, as we are always delighted to rectify and resolve anything as soon as possible in all situations.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed on our way back from a week in UK where we had some wonderful meals and accommodations. We weren't expecting much from a hotel near the airport. However, the hotel management, Ron, Maarten, Farrah, and Fernando (maybe others, too) hosted a small reception for Elite members. This was an unexpected, wonderful farewell to England evening..they really care about their guests and we appreciated the special attention!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for completing a review on Trip Advisor, we do truly appreciate your lovely words!

It was fantastic to meet you at our cocktail evening, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to this area.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I arrived at the hotel after spending two hours chasing my bags around Heathrow as they had been tagged through to my final destination and not Heathrow. Needless to say I arrived at the hotel feeling somewhat frazzled. The feeling was soon eased away as the check in was flawlessly smooth and the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Yes this is an airport hotel and the prices are slightly higher. However they are not excessively high so I didn't feel cheated in any way. The wi-fi was fast and I never lost connection.
As I had opted for an executive room I had the complimentary breakfast in the lounge. The breakfast was adequate but nothing out of the ordinary, and had I known I would have opted for the full breakfast offered to me in the lounge at the airport.
Would I stay here again? Yes, and in fact I am doing so on my return journey, but I will not opt for the room upgrade this time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel!

I am overjoyed to hear we were able to offer you a warm welcome and turn your day around, after your struggles at the airport.

Thank you for staying with us, and I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!