“Excellent for an Early Morning Flight - Typical Marriott”

London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent for an Early Morning Flight - Typical Marriott”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family stayed here for one night before leaving from Heathrow. Reception was very helpful and friendly and our room was comfortable nice though nothing special - a typically Marriott room which is exactly what we expected and why we booked. The hotel itself was very nice with a nice atrium and wifi & computers available in the lobby area if needed and several restaurants including a bar and a Starbucks. Though we were close to the airport we heard nothing which was a pleasant surprise. The Hoppa bus was very convenient picking up right outside the door and affordable and got us to the airport terminal in 21 minutes. We saw lots of airline flight crew staying here as well. My only complaint was the American Grill restaurant service was terrible & slow taking 1 1/2 hrs for a hamburger?! Expensive too but this is a hotel so expensive is to be expected but for the lousy service I shouldn't be paying this much money. Overall my stay was very good & I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us! I am so glad we were able to accommodate you and your family on your trip.

Thank you also for your commendation of our reception team; they are delighted with your comments. Our various food outlet options provide our guests with a wide range of dining options, including our exciting promotions. We are currently launching a curry and cider promotion in our Sevens bar, and a BBQ promotion in our restaurant!

I am disappointed to hear that your experience in Allie's was not up to our usual high standard. Please do contact me with your exact details on Farrah.Azam@marriotthotels.com, and I will ensure I personally oversee your stay and dining experiences on your next stay with us.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here for one night with the family. Room was of an adequate size, though a bit on the small side. As a hotel situated by the runway, I was surprised that there were no airport views! My window was facing other rooms. In contrast, I had a runway view at the heathrow holiday inn a week before this! Other facilities include a fitness gym and a swimming pool, which was a nice addition to the hotel, though I suspect most guests won't stay in this property long enough to enjoy it regularly. Wifi was available in the lobby, but not within the rooms though. I was quite surprised given that I was on the Executive room floor. Prices for the carpark was also extortionate (15 GBP?!)

Overall a decent Marriott experience, few minor hiccups but nothing major enough to stop me coming back!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I am so glad you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us!

Unfortunately, as the majority of our bedrooms are situated away from the runway in order to ensure we do not receive noise disturbance, we have a very limited number of rooms facing the runway. However, we do hold regular cocktail evenings for our Marriott Rewards members on our rooftop during the summer months, which boasts amazing views of the runway - I do hope you can join us for one sometime!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Recently stayed at the Marriott London Heathrow in-transit so an overnight stay. Lots of flight crews staying at the hotel as well. Nice lobby with a couple of dining options and a Champagne bar. Rooms were average Marriott rooms, but did have American power outlet which was nice. Gym was nice - free - but small (only a few cardio machines) and crowded - also, equipment is old and could use to be upgraded. Decent place to stay if needed by Heathrow.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience of your stay with us! We truly appreciate feedback from our guests.

We certainly do provide a US power outlet in each of our bedrooms; we have many guests travelling from overseas, and find that is a huge, small but important benefit to many. Our leisure club also welcomes all guests staying in our hotel complimentary use of the facilities, which include a full equipped gym, large heated swimming pool, sauna and steamroom. I will ensure your feedback regarding the gym equipment is communicated among our management team.

Thank you once again; safe travelling!

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I found this hotel to be an excellent selection for stop over in London. Very convenient from the Terminal 5 with H53 bus. Was just 15 minutes to and from the hotel to the terminal. The hotel has nice lobby area with free wifi connection. Best of all you can print your boarding pass on the terminal and printer located in the lobby. I arrived before check in and was accommodated very quickly with a room and access to the executive lounge where I was able to get a nice breakfast before taking a late morning nap. Even though the hotel is very close to the Heathrow runway it was very quiet location. The room was very comfortable and the bed was especially good for a nice sleep. Later in the evening I took advantage of the food and drinks offered in the executive lounge. I tried the Tuscany restaurant and found it to be very good as well. Overall, an excellent stop over location for London Heathrow.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Glen W
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We love the title of your review!

It gives us no greater pleasure to know that you had such a fulfilled stay with us from start to finish. Thank you for your commendations of our facilities, including the complimentary WiFi offered in our lobby, as well as complimentary printing of boarding passes and check in for flights.

I am also delighted we were able to accommodate your early check in; we strive to check in our guests as quickly as possible always, regardless of arrival time being before check in time, as we understand the majority of our guests have either arrived off a flight or are looking to get a good night's sleep before an early flight out.

I do hope we can welcome you back to stay with us in the near future!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I had the chance to stay at this property before departing on an early flight from Heathrow.
Staff made us feel welcome and the room was very comfortable and spacious. Amenities in the Hotel were very pleasant. We tried two of the Restaurants and found both an extremely pleasing experience.
Checkout at 04:00am was simple as was catching the Hoppa Bus to terminal 3.
Nice place.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared equally good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback; I am glad you had the opportunity to stay with us before your early flight back home! Thank you for specifically mentioning that our staff made you feel welcome; it is very important to us that all of our guests feel comfortable, as if they are in a home away from home.

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your meals with us in Allie's American Grill and Tuscany Ristorante - Tuscany alone has been awarded an AA rosette for its delicious food choices, and our chefs work very hard to create interesting dishes bursting with flavour.

I do hope we can welcome you back next time you fly from Heathrow!

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Ts a nice hotel but too pricey parking is extortionate even if you book in and stay also I had to ask for tea sugar and coffee the maids are constantly cleaning so you have to dodge the trolleys up and down the corridors. Over all it was nice and the bed comfy probs won't go back a premier is as good and parking is free

• Stayed July 2014
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Dave F,
Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us recently.
I was disappointed to hear you were dissatisfied with your stay; unfortunately we do need to benchmark our prices with other local car parks due to our proximity to the airport; however of course I understand this can be quite pricey. Next time I would recommend one of our Park and Fly rates, whereby you stay for one night, and parking for the next two weeks is complimentary.
I would love to have the opportunity to rectify the dissapointments you experienced during your stay and would appreciate if you would forward the details of your stay to me at farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com so I may investigate further.
I look forward to hearing from you!
With kindest regards,
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

great close to the airport hotel, bus goes from right outside, quick check-in, we even got free parking!!!! nice breakfast, quiet room even tho we over looked reception, really comfy rollout bed, few free toiletries just to keep u going, would book again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor for the London Marriott Heathrow Hotel.
Indeed, our location for Heathrow Airport is among the best, and the Hoppa bus is quick and convenient.
All our windows are fully soundproofed, including the glass atrium, due to our proximity to the runway.
Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
With warmest regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!