“Another good stay at this marriott”

London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I always stay at this hotel when in transit at Heathrow. I am usually travelling solo on business, but this time my wife and I were returning home from a vacation in Europe. Taking the hoppa bus from T4 ( bus H53 ) takes about 45 minutes, it's quite far. The commute is much shorter from T1/2/3 ( about 20 min). The check in was a let down this time around. I've been a Marriott elite member for years and every time I have checked in, I have been thanked for being an elite member, but this time around check in was very robotic, i was offered to pay for an upgrade for a room/breakfast/internet and sent on my way. The front desk was not very welcoming. However, the concierge was wonderful. He provided good information on the easiest way to get into central london from the hotel, including taking a free city bus outside the hotel to the closest tube station. All the information was printed off and presented very clearly. The room itself was typical, view of the parking lot, clean and spacious for an airport hotel. I'll stay again soon, with the hopes that the lacklustre service this time around was an exception.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edmb
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding The London Heathrow Marriott, we truly appreciate your feedback.

I do apologise for your check in experience, if you would like to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to conntact me.

I hope you enjoyed your stay with us; we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Katie Theodore
Guest Relations
The London Heathrow Marriott
katie.theodore'marriotthotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I thought I would like to share my opinion about the gym and Leisure facilities at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, everytime I visit the facilities I am more impressed by the staff politness and helpfulness. Indeed they make you feel at home and help you to relax during your time there. Well done job to Om Poojari and Kelvin. Well appreciated.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel!

I was delighted to read your very kind words for our Leisure Club Associates, Om and Kelvin.

I will be very happy to share your comments with the team.

I do hope we can welcome you back to stay with us in the near future!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had the pleasure of staying one night at the London Heathrow Marriott this week. It is close to the airport and very convenient if you have an early flight.

Surprisingly the hotel room was quiet and I did not hear any airplane noise. There is a starbucks in the lobby. I ate dinner in the restarurant (not the Italian one) and the food was average. Service was really poor.in the restaurant though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Farrah A, Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Ms Calianno,

we are very pleased to read that we are great for business, as a Marriott Hotel we do want to provide you quiet and comfortable rooms and an environment suitable to do business. Being conveniently located near the airport sure helps if you are staying for a short time. Did you know that the Airport provides a shuttle service ‘Hotel Hoppa' that brings you directly from to our hotel from Terminal 1-2-3 in about 15 minutes for only £5.00pp?

I do apologise for the missed opportunity to showcase the quality of our food and service in our Allie's Grille. We generally receive good feedback from our guests, but I admit that the restaurant has been quiet busy in the last few weeks and maybe could not look after you as well as we normally would. We will take your feedback back to the team and look for ways to improve ourselves.

When visiting again, please do try our Italian Ristorante Tuscany on your next stay, it has a great atmosphere and you will see our Chefs performing in our live theatre kitchen.

We look forward welcoming you again,

Maarten R
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The staff make this property stand out. Especially Jasmeet who checked us in, she was really friendly and attentive. The hotel had a planned power outage the day we arrived. (Maybe should have contacted us before check in?) but it worked out all right. Quite funny getting guided to the room by flashlight, but this does show the level of commitment they'd put in to ensure you weren't badly affected. Jasmeet put us in a room where the outage didn't affect last time and she was right, we weren't effected, still able to shower after the gym etc. We stayed as a pre-Kilimanjaro climb trip so had a lot of gear and needed to check out really early. The housekeeping staff even dried off some gym clothes for us so that they didn't mess up our packs early on in the trip (really kind considering we had a 3 hour turnaround time!). I almost forgot the hand delivered jelly beans to the room too, that was a nice gesture. They actually got eaten on summit night of Kilimanjaro when my mate ran out of snacks!

Perfect stop for a heathrow departure.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear deansmith333,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding our hotel, we truly appreciate your comments. In particular for your lovely comments regarding our staff, we take great pride in ensuring all our guests are happy here at The London Heathrow Marriott and it's wonderful to hear such great comments from our guests. The staff member who you mentioned Jasmeet, I can assure you she can been informed of your positive feedback.

The power outage we experienced in the hotel was due to essential work that needed to be carried out, but as you have mentioned we are always prepared and do our best to make sure this does not affect our guests.

Thank you once again, I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Kind Regards,

Katie Theodore
Guest Relations
The London Heathrow Marriott

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was absolutely wonderful! I would love to return for a visit! Staff is excellent and know exactly how to treat the guest to their hotel. Room was very comfortable and pleasant. Bed was soft and great. I love the way that they put fresh flowers in the bathroom.

Room Tip: All the rooms in this hotel are sound proof!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Teresa J
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderfully complimentary review of our hotel!

I am delighted to know that you had a brilliant stay; thank you for noticing the great efforts our housekeeping team make to keep each room as clean, fresh and welcoming as possible. Small touches such as fresh flowers in each bathroom is just one example of the personalised service they endeavour to provide.

We look forward to your next stay!

Farrah Azam

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights after my travel plans got flipped. The hotel itself is really nice and the rooms are top notch. The staff was fantastic and when I asked how to visit London for a day they went out of their way to help me. Now...you have to take a bus to the train but it was really not that hard and they mapped it all out. The sports pub was also nice, although expensive, and the concierge lounge was well done.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

It was a pleasure to be able to provide you with accommodation when your travel plans were changed last minute! Thank you for your wonderful comments, and I am delighted our staff were able to provide brilliant instructions in order to ensure your journey to London was executed confidently and comfortably!

We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

Farrah Azam

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Good airport hotel, comfy beds, and pretty spacious room. No complaints. Lobby looks tired and dated. My husband paid 40 pounds extra to upgrade to package that included internet and breakfast and use of "exclusive" Executive Lounge.
They should not charge for internet. Executive Lounge, was small and crowded, dingy. They did not restock the desserts. People just hovered looking very unsavory and hungry. We did not stay. It felt like an airport main area lounge. Definitely not worth the extra money. The breakfast included with the room price was good. I wish they had a direct shuttle to the terminals. We had to pay 4.5 pounds and it stopped at several hotels, making it a half hour trip. It should have been 5 minutes. I would stay here again if I needed to overnight at LHR

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Farrah A, Manager at London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Islanlady,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, our bedrooms are indeed spacey and the beds are very comfortable. Did you also know we have rooms with two double beds, they are perfect for families!

We really appreciate your feedback, and we are aware that our Executive Lounge sometimes gets very popular in the evening with many guests coming for a drink and a little snack. We apologise that you were not able to enjoy it at full, and albeit we are not able increase the size of our lounge, we will review our staffing levels to help replenishing the buffets at these busy times. It is good to see that you enjoyed our breakfast, it is for many the most important meal for the day. The waffles and omelettes are my favourites.

For transportation, the airport does provide a bus service bringing guests directly to the doorstep of the hotel from the terminal, something the hotels are not allowed to do themselves, alternatively we are happy to organise a private taxi for you.

We look forward welcoming you back at your next stay,

Kind regards

Maarten R
F&B Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to London Heathrow Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!