Stayed here for one night before a flight to the US. I arrived at Heathrow Central Bus Station, so got the 105 bus from just outside the station for free to Harlington Corner, which is right outside the hotel and only takes about 5-8 minutes. This is do-able with large items of luggage but might be harder if the bus is full (in which case the 140, 111 and 285 also go from Heathrow Central to Harlington Corner) or you aren't confident carrying them on/off - the Hotel Hoppa might be worth the fee then.
Check-in was quick and I took the lift to the first floor - as other reviewers have said, the polo-shape of the hotel means that rooms on the inside of the ring are small. I'd booked a single room as I was there for just one night. There was just enough clearance to get my case through the door to the room and once inside, the room was compact, but big enough for one. Being on the inside of the ring, there isn't much of view but it is quiet. I was a bit of a walk from the lift so didn't hear much noise during the night.
I went into the city to meet some friends during the evening and because it was raining, got the bus back to Heathrow Central, then Tubed in on the Piccadilly to Leicester Square - the bus was again about 8 minutes and the Tube took roughly an hour or so. It isn't so bad as you do have mobile signal for about 25 minutes (a few stops after Heathrow until Hammersmith I think while the train is above ground) before getting in to Central London. On the way back, I had to get off at Hatton Cross and got the 285 back to Harlington Corner (24hr bus) as it was after 11pm.
I slept well, the bed was comfy and even being 6ft I was still okay in the single bed. The bathroom was larger than I'd thought it would be but was a bit old - it had marks from wear and showed its age but the cleaners had done a good job and everything was clean. There was also plenty of hot water for the shower, although it could have been a bit warmer. Check-out was quick and easy and again, the free bus back to Heathrow Central was from just across the road, making it easy to get to Terminal 3 for my flight.
Overall, I would use this hotel again - it's slightly older than the other Holiday Inn down the road (Sipson Way) but if you want / don't mind a single at a better rate, then this is the one to go for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel is located conveniently just minutes away from London Heathrow Airport. We are a short ride on the Heathrow Express from Central London. Being the first Airport Hotel at Heathrow we know what it takes to make it feel 'home from home'. We offer our guest's designed blackout rooms with double glazed windows to help with a good nights sleep and a fresh start before your meeting or a long flight. The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel offers Airport Parking at very competitive rates. Either flying for business or leisure, you can benefit from our Park and Fly package All the bedrooms and the public area have Air Conditioning and standard Speed Internet Access. The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel offers a fully equipped, purpose built conference centre for your meeting and training needs. The Airport Shuttle operated by BAA & National Express, Hotel Hoppa H6 runs to & from the hotel and Heathrow Airport terminals 2 & 3 and Hotel Hoppa H56 runs to & from the hotel and Heathrow Airport terminals 4 & 5 every 15 minutes everyday. Adult price is 4.50 per person one way. From Terminal 4, take the Heathrow Express (Free) to T2 & 3 and then take the Airport Shuttle as above. Secondly there is also FREE London Bus' available from just opposite the hotel to take you to terminals. (285,111,105,140) these four bus' will take you to Terminals 2 & 3. The (423) Bus will take you to terminal 5 and the (555 or 556) will take you to Terminal 4 for FREE. You can also get the (285) to Hatton Cross for FREE this is also a London Underground Station. All these FREE bus' also are FREE for coming back from Terminals. Thirdly we have Taxi's on call to take you to all Terminals, 2 & 3 is £10 and 4 & 5 £16 for a standard Taxi. Kids Stay & Eat Free* *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel Hotel Hayes
- Holiday Inn Hayes
- Hayes Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel Hayes, Greater London