“Much better this time around”

Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hayes
Dallas, TX
“Much better this time around”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I've stayed here before and wasn't thrilled, but I paid for a more expensive room this time and was delighted. The room was large (for London), and well maintained. The pillows were awesome! Breakfast is buffet style (which usually isn't a good deal for me), but the price was right this time.
The Hoppa bus is good if I have luggage, but the free Heathrow bus scheme gets me to the airport and to the Hatton Cross underground station with little hassle. I found all the staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LindaPDallas_TX
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Its great to hear you had a better stay with us this time round, we are always striving to improve the service we are offering our guests.
I am glad you like the pillows- its always nice to have a choice isn't it!

Happy New Year- see you again soon!

Laura Eggleton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Bath UK
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This will be short and to the point. After being away for 3 months I was just wanting a good room (I knew it wasn’t going to be top notch…it was a Holiday Inn after all) which you’ll not find at this place. Aside from its location it has literally nothing going for it.

Shockingly small rooms. Poorly appointed. No character. No thought. Demolish and start again!

Room Tip: There are two other Holiday Inns nearby, try those!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, I was obviously very disappointed to read it. I am sorry you did not appreciate our individuality and charm, I appreciate some guests do prefer modern properties as opposed to those who have been around for many years.

Please do email to discuss this further using laura.eggleton@ihg.com if you wish to.

drumlemen
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Very disappointed with the service in the restaurant. After entering the restaurant the waiter seated me. A further ten minutes elapsed before he took my order. A further twenty minutes elapsed and I was still not served the mushroom soup I ordered. That was enough for me and I went to reception to cancel my Oder. The restaurant manager was summoned and apologised for the poor service. I declined his offer to deliver what I ordered to my room as I had by this time lost my appetite. If the Holiday Inn wants repeated custom they have to improve their service in their restarant. There were only about 10 customers in the restaurant at the time I entered the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, I was so sorry to hear of the lapse in service you experienced whilst staying with us- there really is no excuse for it.

Rest assured, your experience with us is not our standard way of operating and I would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel.

Please do email me using laura.eggleton@ihg.com to allow me to make up for our shortfalls.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2013

staff was slow for check in.. gave me attitude when I requested a wake up call and said i had to set it up through the TV. same staff refused to let me order take out from the front desk.. they wanted to charge my credit card to make a local phone call from my room! not cool! the restaurant in the lobby was extremely expensive. 21 pounds for a veggie burger and fries! The room was very small. stained carpet. mold in the bathroom, i refused to take a shower. hallway was very musty. this place gave me the creeps and i would never ever stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. To allow me to investigate your comments and escalate them to my management team, I would be grateful of some more details such as your room number and date of stay.

Please email me using laura.eggleton@ihg.com. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before departing England to head back to North America. The room was nice, has free water and Mars bars, and the lounge pub restaurant was nice. There is even an airport shuttle bus, but ask them about it when you checkout to find out times. It was way better than our hotel in London, the Copthorne Tara.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nukedjava
Thank you for your review, I was delighted to see that we met your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Always remember to book direct for best rates!

worcestershire
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed here for one night on Saturday the 21st of December. We were among 3 coach parties using the hotel that night. After a short delay we were given our room keys and were very pleased to see our room was spacious (with a large bed) and very clean. Directly opposite the hotel is the end of one of the runways, but there was no indication (whilst inside the hotel) of any noise from aircraft movements whatsoever.
Unfortunately, the hotel is let down by its restaurant and breakfast could have been so much better.
Because of the 3 coach parties we were allocated a time for our breakfast and found a table easily at our allotted time.
It's the system then used that causes the problems. To obtain a tea or coffee you had to help yourself from the 3 flasks provided and they were constantly being emptied (naturally) and no one checks to see if they need refilling. I saw so many guests looking for staff to refill the flasks. When available, coffee and tea goes into mugs or cups but there were none to be found and staff said we had to use cardboard ones. British people like brown sauce at breakfast but when you've asked staff and searched every table and still no sauce to be found you begin to wonder if the "restaurant?" at the Ariel was built as an afterthought. My wife wanted a fried egg but there was no one to cook it for her, so it was soggy, scrambled eggs or do without. Without a doubt that hotel restaurant is the worst organized I've ever come across on my travels around the world. The Hotel is fine but the restaurant is poor.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wagmanWorcestershire
Thank you for your review. I will respond to you directly following your email.

Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

It's hard to believe that a hotel with planes taking off and landing the other side of the road could be so quiet. We stayed overnight to collect family on a dawn flight the next day. The check-in was efficient and friendly. The room was large, comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good quality, with a good range of choice. Like at check-in the restaurant staff were an advert for the hotel. Our waiter, Monik, was particularly good.

We had eaten before travelling down, so we declined the offer of dinner. Otherwise I would have opted for room service. I know it was Christmas, but a recording of a woman singing a modern carol was booming out from the dining room at a volume normally associated with the woman receiving the advice, 'Take a deep breath and one more push, dear.' Conversation would have been impossible. That's my only grumble.

Check-out was as equally efficient as check-in

Room Tip: Executive room, third floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlandeWalden
Thanks for your review. Aren't we just so lucky when it comes to our great location?! The views from the bedrooms at the front are incredible- I often get distracted when I am doing my daily room checks by what is going on outside! Its amazing that you can't hear anything!

I am sorry the music in the lounge was too loud- perhaps my team were getting overly excited with the festivities! I am sure had you asked they would have turned it down.

See you again soon- always book direct for best rates!

Laura Eggleton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel? Share your experiences!