“Quiet and Comfortable”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
Canada
“Quiet and Comfortable”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

After spending a day in London and catching the tub to Heathrow, it was great to be greeted at the reception desk with a glass of wine! (I believe you have to be a IHG member for this benefit) The rooms were clean, a little on the small side, but for my purposes, they were perfect! The Hotel Hoppa stops right by the front door and takes you to the Heathrow terminals. I had an early flight, so the Holiday Inn was the perfect place for me to get a good nights sleep before an early flight out. The Hotel Hoppa is 4 £ each way or 7£ return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Robert G, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear jsimmill

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and so pleased the our hotel satisfied your needs and you had a pleasant sleep before your onward journey.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Many thanks

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a stay, park and go for 1 night in a room and 3 nights of parking. Exceptional value and the service was great. In fact the receptionist and the bar staff were great and we're very helpful. Food was good (although after being in Lisbon for a few days where a 0.5L was only €2 compared to over £4 a pint.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ricki_caroline

Thank your recent stay and giving us 5 stars in your review. I am so delighted you found the team here helpful and overall your stay was excellent value.

We hope you will make use of the package again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I had one night in this hotel before a flight. I booked it online , and got it for £40, which for the area, is pretty good. I've seen it priced much more expensively and definitely not worth much more. The hotel lobby and staff were pleasant enough, the bar area was ok , with SKy Sports so able to watch a match (a plus for me, but others may disagree!) The food was typical airport hotel fare, not lovingly produced and expernsive for what it was. The corridor to my room looked like a prison corridor! The room was small as expected, but I will say the bed was impressively, comfortable and i slept like a baby. The shower was a bit of a dribble. The room was clean and in reasonable condition. The cab to Terminal 3 in the morning was £10 so promixity to to airport was good (but with minimal aircraft noise). So , if you can get it cheap and are looking for a low thrills place to stay before or after a flight, I'd recommend it on those terms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank chris j
Dear chris j

Thank you for completing a review for our hotel. I am glad you had a comfortable sleep which is paramount before an early flight our of Heathrow.

Hope to see you again soon

NorthLincs
Reviewed 10 May 2014

A warm greeting from the efficient reception team was my introduction to this hotel after a 4 hour trip down to Heathrow from the north of England.
Having stayed in a number of airport hotels this one was above my expectations, very clean room and nice bar / restraunt area and above all there was no noise from planes!
The Hotel was very close to the airport and rather than take the hotel shuttle bus from the airport (costing £4) I opted to jump on the local bus which didn't cost me anything, being a nice morning the following day I decided to walk back to the terminal (about 1 mile)...but be warned if you decide to do this make sure you get on the bus at the last stop as you cant walk into the terminal itself....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HumberBridgers
Dear HumberBridgers

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad that your stay exceeded your expectations.

We hope we will be your hotel of preference on your next visit

Colorado Springs
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Ok, we all know UK hotels can be super pricey (especially for us Americans whose currency is killed by the pound), so this hotel was relatively cheap (for UK standards) and close to the airport which is why we picked it.

The good, the lobby, bar, service, and restaurant were great! In fact when you walk in you get that feeling (you know the one) where you breath a sigh of relief that you really did pick a good hotel. This however is the last time you will feel that.

Once I went to my room, I was greeted with a dirty hallway (made worse by renovation going on WAY too close to my room). My room was TINY, with heat and A/C that didn't work, and a bed that wasn't comfortable. So small that I didn't have room for my bag. This is London Heathrow, where there is plenty of land, and small rooms shouldn't be here. I understand in downtown NYC or Paris where real estate is so precious, but this is the outskirts of London, the rooms should be bigger.

There are about 20 hotels right near this one (including 2 or 3 additionally Holiday Inn brands), pick one of them instead.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank worldtrav426
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback for us to review, it is most appreciated. I was delighted that you got "that feeling" when you walked in- we believe first impressions are very important. I was disappointed that this feeling didn't last throughout the rest of your stay. You are correct in suggesting we are currently upgrading our room offering- albeit no noisy works are carried out whilst neighbouring bedrooms are occupied. I appreciate that hotel refurbishments are never ideal however we do have to continually invest in our property to keep it up to the standards our guests expect.
I was sorry to see our single room offering was not suited to your needs. I would be the first to admit our single rooms are rather compact, however a great value for money offering for travellers in and out of LHR.

For future reference, we do have plenty of double rooms in our inventory which are more spacious.

We value your feedback and would hope to welcome you back soon.

Slangerup, Denmark
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Always great staying here. Superb staff make me feel welcome and valued as a guest. Food and beverage offerings very good.

Its an older hotel (interesting design) but this does not detract from great service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Simon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor; we value your feedback and we are delighted you choose to stay with us so frequently.

It is a pleasure for us to have you staying with us and we really value your loyalty.

See you soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was staying there few times and I did always get pleasurable experience. Rooms are clean and service is nice. Breakfast are to your personal choice and it is freshly prepared. A la carte food was good as well and at reasonable price bearing in mind that it is London, Heathrow. Checking in and checking out is no problem.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Daniel Adam G,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, it was a pleasure to read.

See you again soon.

Laura Eggleton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel? Share your experiences!