“Ideal before flying”

Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed 10 January 2009

Shopping around for an airport hotel for one night before flying can be difficult with the amount of choice available. TripAdvisor reviews narrow the choice down further and being a Holiday Inn Priority Club member narrows the choice even further.

The Ariel was selected as it is close to both the airport (obviously) and the Parking Express Long-Stay Car Park.

Check-in was smooth, friendly and welcoming. The room was spacious and met all our requirements. The bar meal we had that evening was good quality and equally good value for money. We slept well, but because of our early flight to Singapore, we declined breakfast and our check out was as smooth as our check-in.

Overall, it is another airport hotel and it serves that purpose.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveJC

Reviewed 4 January 2009

Rooms of good size and clean. Food at both breakfast and evening dinner was full of variety and excellent. Staff were very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed 17 December 2008

Have stayed at this hotel at least 3 years now, each time we take a flight from Heathrow, the rooms are lovely, the staff are great, and the food in the hotel is always good.
Would recommend to anyone wanting a hotel near Heathrow.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2008

My partner and I were attending an event at the Marriott a couple of doors down, and in these credit-crunchy times decided to stay here rather than at the Marriott itself to save some money.

My goodwill towards Holiday Inn did not get off onto a good footing when I discovered by looking at my credit card statement that the advance booking, prepaid, non-refundable rate I had booked through their web site had not included VAT in the rate I booked, but they had obviously charged my card the rate including VAT. This is the first time I have ever booked a hotel in the UK that does not include VAT in their online rates, and I now note that some of their UK hotel rates DO include tax, and some DO NOT. So beware when booking.

We arrived in a downpour and the car park (warning - another £10 to park, something else hidden away on the HI web site) was a lake. Check-in staff were efficient, and our room was clean and tidy but oh so tiny. We had a room facing outwards so I cannot imagine how small the inward facing rooms are. The bed was only just big enough for two people - I didn't measure it but I suspect it was a 4 ft wide double (smaller than a standard double) - I could touch both sides without having to put my arms out very far, and the bed was up against the wall so extracting yourself in the night if you are on the wall side is a feat of gymnastics.

The hotel is definitely showing signs of its age, as an example of this Holiday Inn have installed secondary double glazing (which works well to keep the aircraft noise out) but if you open that you can see that the original external windows almost have the glass falling out of the frames with holes in the frames letting in icy blasts of air. I didn't dare open the external window for fear the whole thing might disintegrate.

Breakfast was plentiful and tasty and the staff were pleasant and courteous at all times.

Considering how much of a rip-off hotels around Heathrow are, the £62 we paid for a night including breakfast was reasonable, however it's definitely not worth the £130+ rack rate advertised on their web site, for a tiny room with a tiny bed. Consider it a Travelodge alternative at best...

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2008

Stayed at the Ariel for the first time for a 2 day meeting. The hotel is one of the oldest around Heathrow which is visible once you get upstairs but the rooms are impeccably clean and well maintained. The lobby area seems to be newly refurbished with a modern and friendly atmosphere.

The staff were fantastic, especially at reception. Always polite, firendly and very helpfull.

My room was one of the outward facing ones so probably slightly more spacious than the ones facing inwards. They are double glazed so no noise disturbance from the nearby runway. The windows can however be opened slightly which was great for a smoker like me.

Ate in the hotel restaurant which had a lovely selection of english food. Breakfast was plentiful and well cooked.

There are a few ways of getting to and from the airport. If you do not want to spend 15 pounds on a taxi from T5 then wait for the Hotel Hoppa H6 which only costs approx. 4 pounds one way.

Reviewed 24 November 2008

we stayed at the Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel in november on a residential conference. I would like to congratulate this hotel on the outstanding service/facilities they provide!!

The staff were a well merged team and probably the most assertive that you would find in an airport hotel!! In particular i would like to thank Jose who seems to work breakfast and dinner and always greeets everyone with a smile, also Lucy who is the Front office manager as her staff are great.

Well done guys. We thoroughly enjoyed it!!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 November 2008

I stayed at Heathrow Ariel HI on a 4 days conference.

Having experienced a wide variety of Airport Hotels in the past I was expecting a somewhat clinical dehumanized kind of environment and was instead immediately greeted with a smile.

Throughout my stay the Staff were always well presented, courteous, smiling and very efficient.

The first impression while entering the bedroom is that of a smaller space than the more recent Holiday Inns but everything is immaculately clean including a well appointed bathroom and one can tell that there is a great attention to details and excellent Houskeeping standards.

The same standards could be found throughout the Hotel from table service, to corridor carpets and conference facilities.

Over 4 days I experienced the same consistency in service and standards.

In one word, I felt very much at home and the fact that nothing is too much trouble for the Staff certainly did help that feeling.

Breakfast offers a variety of very healthy dishes - the red berries compote is to die for -, conference lunch was well balanced and tasty and a la carte dinner was excellent.

I would like to thank Lucy, the Reception Manager for making sure that our stay was hasslefree all the way through and we all commented on the fact that we felt very much welcomed.

This hotel has definitely changed my view on Airport Hotels and I will definitely come back .

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel? Share your experiences!