“runaway view”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hayes
pune,india
“runaway view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2009

good place to stay if using the heathrow airport. nice,cosy and pleasant. has a great view of heathrow and lovely service.

Stayed May 2006

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2009

We had an early morning check-in at Heathrow and just wanted somewhere close to the airport. We could not get there until 8pm but the room was waiting for us. It was a standard Holiday Inn room, very clean and quiet and good value at £51.70 for a hotel so close to the airport. We could have used the Hoppa Bus but decided to get a taxi for £7.50. Would definitely use again before an early flight from Heathrow.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Silbury
Lincolnshire, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2009

My wife and I stayed here as we had an early flight to New York the next day and we wanted somewhere that also did car parking.

Check in was fine and our room was nice, a decent size and clean and tidy. We ordered some room service as we'd had a long drive and that was delivered in good time and was very nice. However, a few minutes after receiving it we were called by reception who said that because I hadn't swiped a credit card on my arrival I had to pay for the room service immediately and that someone would come up to the room to collect payment!

I was that shocked that they obviously thought that I couldn't be trusted until I checked out a few hours later to pay for our meals that I went down to reception to find out what was going on. Nobody knew. I was sent to the bar. The nice girl behind the bar didn't know anything and sent me back to reception.

After about five minutes I managed to get someone who was free, who I explained the situation to and they just took payment.

The hotel itself was fine but I just found this to be bizarre. They knew who I was, the room and parking had already been paid for - did they think I was going to do a midnight flit?!

One other thing to bear in mind is if you choose not to take the Hoppa bus (we were flying from T4 on an early morning flight and didn't want to mess about with a bus change) then you're looking at about a £15 taxi fare to the terminal (T4).

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2009

Hotel: Holiday Inn chain in airport area. Old hotel site, running for generations. Big comfortable lobby, reception and restaurant, all clearly updated, modern and clean, thanks to the Holiday Inn chain ownership. A clean solid simple choice for the business/leisure traveller staying at Heathrow who doesn't need a big room.
Rooms: Very small and reflective of the circular design of the hotel. Bed was small. Cable TV w/pay-per-view options. Bathroom clean, but small.
Location: Standard airport business park. Nothing to see, nothing remarkable. Old hotel site in operation for decades, as evidenced by historical photos on the walls.
Staff: Professional and friendly, quality training by Holiday Inn.
Restaurant: Good food, comfortable setting, typical of what you might find in the Holiday Inn chain. Like a sports bar. Room service was also quite good.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
Jaipur, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2009

I had chosen this hotel as I had to be near Southall and Heathrow. Its a great hotel to stay in if you wanted to be in this area. Got a special deal for my stay of 1 week.
Had arrived at the hotel very early in the morning, long before the check-in time. I only informed the reception that I had reached early, however will wait till they could provide me a room. The reception staff made extra effort to find a room which was ready and I was provided with a room immediately. Which was very nice of them, as I had taken an overnight flight of 8 hrs.
Great stay being with a great welcome.
The room that I was initially given was small, when I contacted the front office again they upgraded me to an Executive room for a nominal additional charge. The Executive rooms are nice, and had everything that I required and my previous room lacked.Mini Bar, Room Safe, more spacious.
After a weeks stay at the hotel among the most friendly staff, it really felt like being at home.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
winnipeg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

I chose this room based on location, price and trip advisor reviews. I requested a double bed, which we got, but the room was very small and the bed against the wall.
It was very uncomfortable for two people. The room was very cold, we wondered if perhaps we had missed something on the thermostat, as although we turned the heat up the room never warmed up.
Had the meal deal in the dining room, food was good, service in the restaurant and front desk pleasant and helpful.
Wifi available for a fee.
We took a cab to terminal 4 rather than use the hotel service, which would have meant transfering at terminal 3. Cab fare was 15 pounds.
I would stay here again because of the location, but would look around for a better room/bed first.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Worcestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2009

We booked a night before an early flight from Terminal 3 at Heathrow. Due to the Hoppa bus charging extra we booked a package with Holiday Extras that included parking at Parking Express (5 mins drive).

Check in was smooth and easy. The room was absolutely fine - no issues at all. Bed was very comfortable and you can pick from a pillow menu if you wish!

Pre paid for a meal deal in the restaurant - 2 courses for 15 pounds. Food was excellent and a good deal on wine made it go down very well. Bar prices quite steep though. The hotel was quiet but all staff were attentive and very friendly.

The room was very quiet and we had no disturbances from anywhere in the hotel - I'm a very light sleeper and always travel with earplugs just in case. An early check out at 4.30 am went smoothly.

All in all - absolutely what we needed and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — Ease of access to Heathrow & very easy to find from motorway
  • Disliked — Draft from front door into restaurant on a very cold January night
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel? Share your experiences!