“Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel - 1 Night”

Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed 8 September 2010

The room was quiet and clean - shockingly quiet, I must stress - being literally across the road from Heathrow I was worried about being subjected to constant rumblings from the air traffic, but whoever sound-proofed this building certainly knew what they were doing.

That being said, the bed was obviously designed for durability at the expense of comfort. I might as well have slept on the floor for how hard it was. I generally sleep on my stomach, but was literally unable to do so, as the bed was so hard my ribs ached after laying in my usual position for ten minutes.

Additionally, it would be nice at check-in if these large hotels would hire front desk staff who actually could speak English. I don't think it's racist or chauvanist to expect to be able to converse with the person giving me my room, especially when said person refused to accept my AAA discount, despite my having provided her with a AAA card and print-out of the online booking form in which it notes that I have entered a valid AAA membership number. Perhaps if the person behind the desk spoke English and we weren't forced to communicate by nods and hand gestures, I would have gotten the 5 pound discount promised me on Holiday Inn's website.

That being said, after this episode I was a little miffed at the thought of eating dinner at this hotel, but in the absence of any other choice (the entire street is nothing but hotels), I sucked it up and ordered a 12 pound pizza. It was actually delicious, and the hotel restaurant has a good beer selection as well, so if you don't mind paying 5 pounds more than you're quoted on the website, and like sleeping on hard beds (I don't mean firm, I mean rock solid), this isn't a bad choice.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,689)

Reviewed 16 August 2010

We landed at Gatwick & our flight left from Heathrow the following day, so we decided to stay here for the night to make life easier....there is no bellman to help with the luggage, the rooms are not the cleanest, the breakfast was lousy, service mediocre, there is a charge to take the shuttle to the airport (and yes, it is an airport hotel, but too far to walk to the terminal with all the luggage). The ONLY good thing that I can think of is that I did not hear planes while in the room.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2010

stay here before but this time was better as i didnt have to get up so early. Easy to find, clean , good service. Food was good but a little pricey. Generally a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We chose this hotel simply due to the very easy access to Terminal 5 long stay car park (hotel minuties from the car park) and stayed here just one night as we had a morning flight out from T5 the next day. It has to be the crummiest Holiday Inn we have ever stayed at. Inside it looks like a well used conference hotel. Loads of cigarette ends over the car park outside. I thought that the room must be OK but I was wrong. It was the smallest double room I have ever seen. You could only walk around 2 sides of the bed (almost a squeeze with the luggage as well) and the bed was probably only 4 foot wide. There was a poor quality thin continental quilt and just 2 pillows (1 firm and 1 soft). Mattress was obviously budget buy. Bathroom was budget basic. We did not sleep well at all. We will never stay at this hotel again. There are far better hotels for the same price and I am sure the other Holiday Inns in the Heathrow area cannot be as shabby as this one. A real disgrace to the Holiday Inn name, it needs total refurbishment.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I booked this hotel as had an early flight the next morning and got a cheap rate. Took the public bus which was free from the terminal, rather than the Hotel Hoppa shuttle bus.

Good points - Check-in was fast and efficient Front desk staff were friendly. I had booked a single room, so knew it would be small. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough.
Bad points - the walls between rooms appear to be paper thin, I could hear the TVs from both sides every noise in the neighbouring bathrooms. TV was old and had a poor signal on all channels.

Just as I was going to bed, the fire alarm went off and had to go outside. Was handled fairly well by hotel, staff were handing out foil blankets to those who were cold. Luckily a false alarm.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2010

The hotel is located about 15 mins away from the Airport with a Shuttle Bus. The hotel staff were very helpful and assisted us with directions on how to catch buses back to the airport. This hotel had the best baby cot that we had used all throughout Europe. Good sized room and very safe if you are travelling with a 13 month old child. The food in the hotel restaurant was very nice and so was the breakfast. They keep all of our luggage for us as we were not leaving until midnight of the day of departure with no charge. Also, our room had a kettle which many other hotels in Europe did not have. We only stayed a night, we wish we had more time to check out the sights of London, but we did end up going shopping in Oxford St - which was great.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Booked my stay at this hotel with Holiday Extras. Just over £93 (inc credit card charge & insurance) for 14 nights parking and over night stay.

Parket the car on Sat 8th May - yes the car park is quite small for the sizing of the hotel but there were plenty of spaces when we arrived. Checked all our partivulars at Check In. All very speedy and professional. Then caught the Hoppa Bus - £4pp to LHW T3.

Our return was Sat 22nd. Caught the Hoppa Bus from LHW T3. Again fare £4pp. Just now discovered you can get a cab from outside the Terminal for £11. Point to remember if there is more than 2 of you travelling.

Check in at the hotel again was very speedy and prompt. Room I felt was VFM. Nice comby bed and decent size room and bathroom. Room we had was clean. After all just a place to crash before you can drive home. Had a quick shower and popped down to bar for a night cap. No one seemed unhappy certainly did not hear any complaints while we were sitting in lounge.

Only complaint (not the hotels fault) the Fire Alarm went off at .615!!!! Total mayhem - totaly amazing an alarm is blaring out and people just wandering around aimlesly. I ad to tell people it was a fire alarm and to make their way outside!! Turned out to be a false slarm - thank goodness

Some people I belive have complained with TV not having enought channels - well it is after all an airport hotel so that does not bother me.
Would I use this hotel again - most certainly. Far better than the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ryderj1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel? Share your experiences!