Debden Guest House
Agoda.com
US$82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmicrowave and fridgeany requestsroom keywould stay againuxbridgehillingdonlockroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We chose this B&B because it was close to Heathrow and had bus connections right outside the door. We could easily hop on a bus, then a train, then the tube and get into London to see the sights. The room was clean, quiet, and had an in-suite bath. The Full English Breakfast was made to order by a kind lady (the owner I believe) and was fabulous! Coffee was quite good and strong enough. Cold cereal was also out on the serving counter. Taxi service was available and for us, that was the most economic way to get to Heathrow for our trip back to the States.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jdg1034
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Just back from a one night stay at this guest house as we were attending a wedding nearby.

I decided to book this based purely on location. We needed somewhere nearby and this fitted the bill nicely. The reviews i'd read had made me slightly wary, and even whilst driving there on Saturday i was still a little anxious.

Upon arrival we went and got the key to the room, this was on the first floor and my first thought was that this would be a warm one!!!! How right i was..Sweltering!!! But aside from that it was big and clean and had everything you'd want. Bathroom was nice and once again nice and clean. Nice size TV as well..All good. Wooden floor was creaky but you get used to it. We were in a hurry as we'd got held up on the famous M25 and this meant we had to sling our stuff on and go!!

Upon returning to the guest house, we went up the stairs and phew..it was boiling in there!!!! Even with the windows open it had made no difference, but there not the fault of the owner that we go there on the hottest weekend for months!!!

Breakfast was arranged for the morning, the room is not very big and i guess they tell different rooms to go down at pre-arranged times otherwise it would be chaos!!!
Lady owner was lovely and couldn't do more to help..Nothing was too much trouble. There was cereal, toast and a fry up which she cooks to order for you. All very nice and fresh.

I have to say this was far better than i expected. If i could give three and a half i would.

The lady was very pleasant and certainly done her best to help us. The only real problem was the room being so, so hot..But she can't control the weather!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WILLYONE
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I wanted to visit my partner but we couldn't find a hotel because the Olympics where on.It was cheap, but I looked at the reviews on here as I was a little worried.I arrived to check in by myself as a lone girl I was a little scared as I didn't know what to expect.I knew from the reviews that the hotel is unmanned, so do not expect to see anyone there to greet you (this is like a self catering room) I rang the number near the door,the woman who answered the phone was very lovely and told me where to find the key and directed me to where my room was.I opened the door to number 8, it was much nicer than I expected.It was lovely and clean with wood flooring (It is a bit creaky in there When you walk around) They had soap and body wash although not the highest brand.I have been to a travel lodge and it had no soap so this was a bonus.There were towels laid out on the bed and a modern TV on the wall.The shower head is a bit dicoloured and the shower a little hard to get the temperature right.It is a little noisy as the toilet is right next to the room for the other guests to use.The walls are a little thin but with the Tv on you cant hear it as much.The majority of people who stay are either family's or builders, so don't be surprised to see a builder to two.This was a great value room, we went out into Ruislip for a meal as cafe rouge which isnt far as well as the best italian I have ever been to (AMARETTO RISTORANTE AND PIZZERIA) although there is a guide in your room which I though was fantastic it tells you how to get into London restaurants, taxis the lot.There is lots of parking which is great as we came back in late.In the morning we went into the sitting room for breakfast there is tea coffee (filter coffee) cereal or a cooked breakfast the lady was very nice we had a cooked breakfast.The tables are not that big, so if there is allot of you,you might have to share with another couple or builders at your table.The food was quite nice and included in the price of the room.It was the same as a cafe style breakfast to don't expect too much.The milk on my table was off, as it separated in my tea.I would go for milk on the side near the cereal if i was you.Apart from that if you know this information you will have a lovely stay and its good for the price.The lady owner of the guest house is a really nice lady and she seems to be trying to get it right.When we went to pay, she asked us to review our stay so she can obviously improve on the comments received.

Room Tip: Room number 8 was good as it had an ensuit, I think some of the other rooms don't have that.It was clean with towels and clean throughout.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Our room was clean and very roomy. We were late arriving but we had been told where our key would be. Our hostess was very friendly and informative and was a pretty good cook. The only down side was that the bathroom was upstairs but when booking we knew our room did not have an en-suite.Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here for a couple of nights whilst we were collecting our son from Brunel Uni. As I had booked it from a website and the reviews were varied, I was a little unsure as to what to expect but my fears were totally unfounded. We arrived late, as arranged, and were instructed as to where our room would be etc. The room was clean, tidy and well appointed. The photos do not do justice to the rooms. The breakfast timing was pre arranged (the dining room is not big enough to accommodate all the rooms at the same time). There was plenty of juice, cereal, tea and coffee to help yourself to. A full cooked breakfast was cooked to order and very nice it was too. Any requests were accommodated too, if you preferred a continental style breakfast, that was no problem either, nothing was too much trouble. The only downside was the fake beams but that is just my taste!
The shower was perfectly powerful enough but we did have a little trouble with the hot water but the owner is having that looked at. The room also has a fridge and microwave, useful if you were requiring to stay a while.
If you were wanting a convenient place to stay for a visit to the Uni, Hillingdon Hospital or Heathrow, this would fit the bill. I am keeping this on my list of places to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family