“Convenient to the airport, stayed here versus the city”

Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights during a short 3-day weekend to London. We decided to stay at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel London as it was more than half the cost than staying at a hotel in downtown London. The hotel was conveniently close to the airport. We took the hotel bus hopper for £8 roundtrip to/from the airport to the hotel (note, if you purchase the bus tickets with the kiosk at the hotel, it's £7 roundtrip). The bus runs every 20 minutes in the busy hour then every 30 minutes, so it's important to keep an eye on the scheduled time of pick-up or departure. From the hotel, it's approximately a little over an hour to get to Paddington London station (taking the hotel hopper bus to Terminal 1 or 3, then taking the express train 15 minutes to the city. The Connect train is a slower train with stops that is cheaper and takes 30 minutes to the city).

The room was quite spacious as compared to booking a room in the city. It was quite clean. They were accommodating to allow us to check-in early at 10am and late check-out at 4pm (I'm a gold SPG member, and had called a few days ago to note in the reservation). We didn't try the food as we ate out, but can note that there is a McDonald's down the street from the hotel. Overall, if you don't mind to travel back/forth between the airport to the city, it's a great hotel to stay, even with the transportation costs, it was still cheaper than booking a room in the city.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

We have read your comments in your review with a great pleasure.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and i hope you enjoyed your weekend in Central London.

Thank you for taking the time to complete the form and recognising the level of service you have received from the staff members of the hotel during your stay.

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,788)

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Great stay, really helpful staff and hotel able to give us all we needed. I am an SPG Gold card member and were not disappointed with any aspect of the hotel. Really enjoyed our evening before the early am flight and found staff especially helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

We have read your comments in your review with a great pleasure.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we managed to give you a good start to your holiday.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Great airport access, good service and very comfortable clean rooms.
Bus to train transit is a few steps outside the lobby.
Staff are helpful if a bit brisk, but a great stay that would easily cost twice as much
if in town. Well worth the added transit time to all in town sites.
Starbucks in lobby.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

We have read your comments in your review with a great pleasure.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed at the sheraton for three family birthdays and to visit lego land which i must admit was further than we thought and cost a lot to get there, but the hotel was very nice the staff could have not been more helpfull our grandson loved the pool the rooms were very nice and comfy and breakfast was excellent, the only downside it could do with a better restaurant the food at night was not very good but i would recommend very nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda D

We have read your comments in your review with a great pleasure.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we made you feel that you were at home away from home

I would also welcome the opportunity of your contacting me directly to elaborate on your restaurant experience so we can learn from our mistakes.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Stayed here for one night. The satnav sent us the wrong way at first and we ended up going through one way systems and some irritating roads before arriving. When we did arrive, we could not get a parking space in the hotels admittedly large car park. We cleverly (in our eyes) made use of some space at the front of the hotel and a few cars later copied us.
Check in was swift and painless. The rooms were nice. The mirrored effects in the corridors were great and we took a couple of photos.
The beds.......deep and comfy and I want one !! Great beds!
I stayed up quite late and looked out of the window now and again to see how the car park situation was doing. There were a few gaps appearing but I didn't feel like moving my car. I do think there should always be spaces to park in and they should maybe look at it.
In the morning, we went down for breakfast and it was very good. Not sure about the chicken sausages (yak!) ( ithink that's what they were) but the brekkie was a good one and we were all happy.
The pool is close to the eating area and it looked pretty nice but we had places to go so we never sampled it.
When we checked it, we noticed that the cars that had parked nearby us had now moved and the staff had put things in the way so people could not do it again. The only moan I have about this hotel is that it is not nice driving in and out of the car park on a loop looking for a space.
But we loved this hotel and we would stay here again. 100% sure of that. One of our favourite hotels. Internet access down in reception and a very nice atmosphere and feel. We have talked about this hotel many times and we will come again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rayraysworld

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on the Sheraton Skyline Hotel.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback on certain areas that we could improve in.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and please feel free to contact me directly if I can personalise your stay in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2011

It was a group of 6 of us that stayed at this hotel this past May, 2 weeks after the royal wedding. Since my husband and I are vacation owners for the Westin Kaanapali Resort in Maui we were able to exchange it for SPG hotel points. This hotel compared to the other hotels in the center of London had less SPG point value, so I was able to get 2 rooms. The 2 rooms we got were both Family Room.s This is my third time in London, and the hotel room is the largest I've had of all the stays in London.
Some people keep saying that this hotel is only good if you want to be near the airport. I disagree with them. We stayed here for 7 nights and enjoyed our stay. To get to the center of London, we took the 285 bus(which is part of the Heathrow Free zone) to Hatton Cross. You can also take the 423 bus, but there seems to be more 285 busses than 423, and the 285 is 24 hours.From Hatton Cross, you can take the Picadilly Line which can take you to the center of London. To South Kensignton , it's about 30-40 mins. For 7 day pass, we paid about 50 pounds(which also includes both tube and bus travel). The public transportation in London is one of the best in the world, it's cheaper than taking the taxi, and more economical than being in hop on/hop off tour - trust me, I've taken this tour my first visit in London, and most of the time you''ll be stuck in traffic. The tube runs late until I believe midnight, and on theweekends up to 1am I believe but check the schedule.
There's a bus stop is by the Marriott to take the 423 or 285 bus. The Marriott is next to the Sheraton.
As for the hotel itself, as I mentioned, it's very comfortable, and I really enjoyed the rooms. You would pay double for a room in Central London and it wouldn't be this big or comfortable.
We like exploring around, and it's not necessary to always be in Central London . Some charming neighborhoods like Kingston which are closer to the hotel via train, for me is even nicer than Central London.
So, my advice, don't be afraid to try this hotel, even though people say it's not in Central London. If you like to explore, then this hotel isn't a problem. There's also a lot of business people staying here. And what's nice, there's a Starbucks in the lobby to grab a small bite to eat before you start your day.
The staff at this hotel is very nice. And lobby, rooms, are all clean.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank amcsocal
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2011

Dear Guest

I have read your comments in our guest satisfaction questionnaire with a great pleasure.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

The Sheraton is well placed for terminals. I only stayed one night with a 6 am flight to contend with. The facilities looked good and the check in was quick and efficient and I was pleased to get an unsolicited upgrade to club. The room was large and what you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The mini bar as always was extortionately priced.
the sports bar and restaurant was pleasant but drinks and food were pricey even by London hotel standards. I was happy with my stay and would certainly choose the Sheraton again. The only negative was that the first hopper bus arrived too late in the morning so I ordered a taxi and confirmed it again before retiring but it failed to turn up at 0415 and I had to get the hotel to call again. As I had already wasted the return fare on hopper bus, it left me rather annoyed and at £10 for a tiny 5 minute journey plus the £8 I had paid for bus it was a blemish on an otherwise enjoyable stay

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank smiffy138

Dear Guest

I have read your comments in your review with a great pleasure.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

I would like to clarify that the Hoppa Service is managed by the British Airport Authority and applies to all the hotels in the Heathrow area. I can assure you that we will be passing your feedback to their managements team.

Yours sincerely,

Rooms Division Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!