“The holiday starts here”

Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We have stayed here several times using their Park and Fly offer. On arriving with the cases there is always someone to help. Check in is always friendly and efficient, even at busy times. The rooms are large, clean and bright although there can sometimes be a long walk from the lift.
Hotel facilities are great including a pool, restaurant and Sports Bar, which is well worth a visit. The location is good for all Terminals and there is a Hoppa Bus which stops here - taxis can be booked with the Concierge.

We would definitely recommend this to any of our friends.

Room Tip: Worth joining the Starwood Preferred Guest programme
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel.

We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and had a great start to your holiday.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can personlise any of your future stay.

hani.salih@sheraton.com

Reviewed 7 June 2012

We frequently stay at the hotels on Bath road when flying early from Heathrow. We have always eaten at the sports bar in this hotel as its very relaxed and the food is simple (burgers etc) but never stayed there, a search for the night we needed a room came up cheapest here, so we booked.

This hotel is not geared for international travelers at all, wifi is a problem as is the bus ticket machine, which oly accepts chip and pin cards!

You are offered 1 hours free internet, I attempted to log on from my computer in the room after several attempts I could not, I was told by reception that you can only get the free hour by using their computers in the lobby. I logged on in the lobby with my husband who is a software engineer, I wanted to post messages via facebook, to let friends and family know that I was safe and on my way home. As the facebook log in page came up, my husband checked the address and stopped me, the log in page is NOT secure, he was unable to connect via the correct secure address. I would recommend that you do not use this free service if you wish to access password protected pages.

You can pay 15 GBP for 24 hours of internet access from your own computer, what the hotel fails to mention is this runs from midnight to midnight, not from when you pay!

Upon checking our bill we were surprised to find a 1 GBP charge for 'donation to Unicef' when we asked about this we were told its optional. I do not feel adding this to someones bill without telling them first is 'optional.' So we asked for it to be removed, whilst I'm happy to donate to charity I like to donate what I want when I want, not have it hidden in my bill charges!

I will continue to use the sports bar but will not be staying here again regardless of price!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CTS1
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

Firstly we very happy that you enjoy our Sports Bar facilities however would like to apologise for your dissatisfaction about your stay with us.

Please allow me to explain on some of the points you have raised.

I can confirm that the WIFI is now fully running in the entire hotel including all our bedrooms and meeting rooms.
The site at the Sheraton Link is fully secured and all information is wiped off the system as soon as you log off.
We will me more than happy to organise a meeting with yourself and your husband with our IT manager to further explain this process.

With regards to your comments about the Hoppa Bus ticket machine, I can assure you that this is the same type of machine that is supplied to all of the Heathrow hotels who are on the Hoppa Bus route. You are also able to purchase tickets from the reception desk and also charge to your room bill.

I completely understand your point on the the Unicef donation as it is charged automatically in every guest bill. This is a Starwood initiative, however we do ask every guest at check-out time if they like to donate it or remove the £1 from their bill and if a guest decides to do an express check-out we would automatically remove it, therefore no donation is charged to the guest without their approval.

Once again please accept our apologies for your dissatisfaction and I hope I was able to clarify some of the points, however please feel free to contact me directly if I can be any further assistances.

Thank you for your feedback and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

This hotel is a great option for someone who wants a very nice place to stay convenient to Heathrow. The room is very comfortable, and there is a good English pub and a Starbucks in the hotel. The indoor pool is just the thing to relax the body after a red-eye flight!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest

We have read your comments with great pleasure.

We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to complete the form and recognising the level of service you have received from the staff members of the hotel during your stay.

Hope we can have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

We booked last minute as we were looking for a hotel with parking facilities before flying to Barcelona to join our cruise.

The rooms were large, clean and well equipped. Bathroom very good, bed comfortable.

The service at Reception on arrival and departure was excellent as was the assistance provided by concierge.

Altogether, a good choice and would recommend to others.

Dear Guest

We have read your comments with great pleasure.

We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we made you feel that you were at home away from home

Hope we can have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

This is an airport hotel near Heathrow in London. It has shuttle service to all of Heathrow's terminals (you should check on timing as a few of the terminals are farther away than others). The rooms are large and comfortable with nice amenities. There are lots of things in the room that an international traveler would appreciate -- lots of electrical outlets for several different types of plugs (US, UK, and European) , an ironing board and iron, a comfy bed, and really good, dark drapes with good soundproofing. The staff was very polite and helpful.

One pointer -- there are several Sheratons near the airport so be sure you clearly identify and know which one you are headed to. Just saying the Heathrow Sheraton won't be enough.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and we all very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel.

There are two Sheratons in the Heathrow area, The Sheraton Skyline Hotel and the other is the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Having stayed at this hotel for several times i can say that price wise is a good option for SPG members . never tried their breakfast actually but i ve tried their business lounge which is avarage tho it has some alcoholic drinks selections at noon time . rooms are clean and quiet but internet connections is below avarage and not stable at all . Wifi is not available on all rooms and if avalaible not stable . even LAN internet aint that stable also

Room Tip: so far third floor was a quiet choice on all my stays
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and we all very happy to read you have overall enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Our last night in Great Britain was spent at the Skyline, and with the exception of faulty wifi in the lobby, we enjoyed the room and the evening in general. Had a nice dinner in the pub and our room was very quiet, which can be a challenge around an airport.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and we all very happy to read you enjoyed your last night in the UK at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel.

Rooms Division Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!