“Only stayed a few hours, but it was good...”

Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hayes
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Only stayed a few hours, but it was good...”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We arrived here ridiculously late at night (think 1.00am) before our early morning flight to San Francisco. So we were only here for a few hours.

The corridors could do with a little bit of updating, but the room itself was great. The sweet sleeper bed was great for those few but vital hours of sleep. The room itself was modern, and so was the bathroom. The guy at reception was nice and understanding, and reminded us we did not have to pay for parking. He even tried to call my husband who was trying to sort out payment for parking while I was checking us in.

When we left, the concierge told us how to get to airport parking. The employees we met here were very business-like. It's not a place where they will treat you like gods like at a Ritz-Carlton in Asia. But they will treat you like a valued customer.

In short, before we got here, it was all a bit of a mad rush. The place calmed me down, and got me ready for holidays - something that doesn't happen normally until I'm seated in the plane.

We're likely to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Guest

We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we managed to create a calm atmosphere before your stressful journey.

Thank you for taking the time to complete the form and recognising the level of service you have received from the staff members of the hotel during your stay.

Hope we can have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

hani.salih@sheraton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Head Concierge Sajeewa Bopage is the BEST. We needed to make a grocery store visit and Sajeewa was the go-to-guy. We shared with him our need and he immediately produced a note to which busses to take along with sage verbal instructions. Our grocery store journey went off without a hitch. Apparently he had had this request before and of his own volition produced these concise, helpful notes.

We have stayed at this property several times. On each visit we see continued improvement from an already competent, professional, service oriented staff.

We have aleady booked for an October stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David H
Dear Guest

We have all read your comments with great pleasure.

We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we made you feel that you were at home away from home

Thank you for taking the time to complete the form and recognising the level of service you have received from Sajeew and all the staff members of the hotel during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Yours sincerely,

cambridge
Reviewed 12 June 2012

As there doesnt seem to be very many hotels with swimming pools in the Heathrow area at reasonable prices this hotel is an excellent choice. The staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful, we had a very comfortable and clean room and all in all a very enjoyable stay overnight using their park and fly option

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and you had a great start to your holiday.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can personalise any of your future stay.

Holly Hill, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2012

A very convenient hotel if you're transiting through LHR. About 15 GBP by Taxi or 3 (I think) by bus.

The check in line is a bit slow in the morning, when all of the North American flights arrive. But that's typical at all of the hotels on Bath Road.

The service is courteous. The concierge is unfailingly friendly and helpful. The premium member's lounge is well appointed and has some nice hors 'd'ourves in the evening.

The beds are very firm. Not like rocks, but not like feathers. The rooms are nice sized by UK standards and the well lit. (Great for my old eyes! LOL!) The curtains block out all light, if you like to sleep a few hours on your first day on Greenwich Mean Time.

The Sports Bar has a nice selection of whiskys. Also, there is a nice local pub, nearby. The Golden Pheasant. About a 5-10 minute walk, depending on you present state of intoxication. LOL!

The only real problem I have when staying there is the assumption that I'll give to the hotels charity of choice. When asked, I always give to the UNICEF Children's fund. 1 GBP? Why not? But, the Sheraton put 1 GBP on each night of my stay. If I had not noticed it and did not want to give, that would be a problem. Assumptions like that are not appreciated by me, as the customer. I hope that my word to the front desk made it to the manager.

A pleasant stay, convenient location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Beaner1018
, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We all glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

I do understand your point on the Unicef donation as it is charged automatically on every guest bill. This is a Starwood initiative, however we do ask every guest at check-out time if they like to donate or remove the £1 from their bill and if a guest decides to do an express check-out we would automatically remove it, therefore no donation is charged to the guest without their approval.

Manchester
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We had a lovely 3 day stay at this hotel. Everything was perfect apart from a small misunderwstanding that was rectified.

We stayed at the executive suits and booked by internet, paying the bill in advance. I telephoned the reception twice enquiring about the use of internet and was informed that it was inclusive. Then they charged for its use. Apparently the internet wifi is included but not the use of the internet in the tv. I was given the wrong information. The reception told me I could use the internet on the tv and that the charge would be taken off the bill as this was included but did not happen. At check out I had a job convincing the receptionist but at the end she waived off the charges, so everything was ok. They also added charity charges without prior consultation which is wrong.

The service was excelllent and I have no problems with that.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Onemorecritic
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel.

We are very glad to read you have enjoyed your stay and the staff members ensured to resolve the internet matter before leaving the hotel.
I would like to thank you for your feedback on this and can assure you that we are currently working on making sure the communication is much clearer.

I completely understand your point on the Unicef donation as it is charged automatically on every guest bill. This is a Starwood initiative, however we do ask every guest at check-out time if they like to donate or remove the £1 from their bill and if a guest decides to do an express check-out we would automatically remove it, therefore no donation is charged to the guest without their approval.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and please feel free to contact me directly if I can personalise any of your future stay.

Norfolk
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We have stayed here several times using their Park and Fly offer. On arriving with the cases there is always someone to help. Check in is always friendly and efficient, even at busy times. The rooms are large, clean and bright although there can sometimes be a long walk from the lift.
Hotel facilities are great including a pool, restaurant and Sports Bar, which is well worth a visit. The location is good for all Terminals and there is a Hoppa Bus which stops here - taxis can be booked with the Concierge.

We would definitely recommend this to any of our friends.

Room Tip: Worth joining the Starwood Preferred Guest programme
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and had a great start to your holiday.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can personlise any of your future stay.

Aromas, California
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We frequently stay at the hotels on Bath road when flying early from Heathrow. We have always eaten at the sports bar in this hotel as its very relaxed and the food is simple (burgers etc) but never stayed there, a search for the night we needed a room came up cheapest here, so we booked.

This hotel is not geared for international travelers at all, wifi is a problem as is the bus ticket machine, which oly accepts chip and pin cards!

You are offered 1 hours free internet, I attempted to log on from my computer in the room after several attempts I could not, I was told by reception that you can only get the free hour by using their computers in the lobby. I logged on in the lobby with my husband who is a software engineer, I wanted to post messages via facebook, to let friends and family know that I was safe and on my way home. As the facebook log in page came up, my husband checked the address and stopped me, the log in page is NOT secure, he was unable to connect via the correct secure address. I would recommend that you do not use this free service if you wish to access password protected pages.

You can pay 15 GBP for 24 hours of internet access from your own computer, what the hotel fails to mention is this runs from midnight to midnight, not from when you pay!

Upon checking our bill we were surprised to find a 1 GBP charge for 'donation to Unicef' when we asked about this we were told its optional. I do not feel adding this to someones bill without telling them first is 'optional.' So we asked for it to be removed, whilst I'm happy to donate to charity I like to donate what I want when I want, not have it hidden in my bill charges!

I will continue to use the sports bar but will not be staying here again regardless of price!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CTS1
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

Firstly we very happy that you enjoy our Sports Bar facilities however would like to apologise for your dissatisfaction about your stay with us.

Please allow me to explain on some of the points you have raised.

I can confirm that the WIFI is now fully running in the entire hotel including all our bedrooms and meeting rooms.
The site at the Sheraton Link is fully secured and all information is wiped off the system as soon as you log off.
We will me more than happy to organise a meeting with yourself and your husband with our IT manager to further explain this process.

With regards to your comments about the Hoppa Bus ticket machine, I can assure you that this is the same type of machine that is supplied to all of the Heathrow hotels who are on the Hoppa Bus route. You are also able to purchase tickets from the reception desk and also charge to your room bill.

I completely understand your point on the the Unicef donation as it is charged automatically in every guest bill. This is a Starwood initiative, however we do ask every guest at check-out time if they like to donate it or remove the £1 from their bill and if a guest decides to do an express check-out we would automatically remove it, therefore no donation is charged to the guest without their approval.

Once again please accept our apologies for your dissatisfaction and I hope I was able to clarify some of the points, however please feel free to contact me directly if I can be any further assistances.

Thank you for your feedback and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Rooms Division Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!