“Well located hotel for Heathrow”

Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We recently used this hotel for an overnight stay and car parking before flying the following morning. We have used the hotel before and once again the service is excellent. We had a comfortable room overlooking the airport and did not hear any noise.
This time we did not eat at the hotel but the choices looked very good.
Price was good if booked in advance.
Travelled from hotel to airport on the Hoppa Bus service, this was a mistake. The cost for the return trip is £8pp and although the bus arrived on time to take us to the airport on our return we had to wait for 45 mins, this is a 20 min timetabled service, and when I complained to the driver he blamed on traffic in an abused manner. If you do not have much luggage and are travelling from Terminals 1,2 or 3 use the TFL buses, they are more frequent and free

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrequentTravellers22
SheratonSkyline, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear FrequentTravellers22

Thank you for once again staying with us and sharing your lovely comments. We are delighted to hear that our location and factilities work so well for you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely quiet hotel. Great blackout curtains. Amazing water pressure. Soft pillows. Big simple bed. Ok pub-style Caesar salad, nothing memorable.

I found the hoppa shuttle convenient but slow. Took 30 minutes each time.

After a week of b&b living in Ireland this was an oasis! Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear thecosytraveller

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I recently spent one night here and I must report a slight decline in service. I have been staying at Sheraton Skyline routinely several times a year for 10 years. I usually arrive late for an early morning flight and they had for years always bumped me to a club room because I was a Starwood Club member, it was end of day, they could see I was tired and there were empty club rooms. So they delighted me. Not this time. I was quoted from the rules that I was not eligible and sorry end of discussion, though I could upgrade for 45 pounds. Totally night and day from the previous 10 years. I hate it when the reception staff start reciting the rules, treating you like your just the next one at the counter. The manager was right there and he was clearly the source of the rules enforcement. I travel too much and I notice the little things that can lift your spirits after flying all day, or send you to your room even more tired.

But, I must not omit that the non-Club rooms are still better than most other hotels with extremely comfortable beds and I have often depended on the Sheraton's room service at midnight. And as many others note, the shower pressure is great!

The restaurant and bar too have changed. There have been many changes over the 10 years, and the latest is to switch the main restaurant from Italian to Indian, and they also added Indian items to the sports bar menu. I don't care for Indian food, but I guess Sheraton determined that most Heathrow travellers like it more than Italian. But it was the wrong choice for me and I've never been a fan of the Sports Bar fare. The best option for a while was the atrium restaurant, but that didn't last long. I didn't try the room service this time. I also noted that the pool bar, which is a pretty key bar in this hotel now, had a very limited selection of liguor. I could not even get Maker's Mark, in a Sheraton!? If you want a pina colada, it's your place, but if you want decent bourbon or scotch, you may be disappointed.

I'm sorry that Sheraton Skyline has taken away a few things that made me a regular, unquestioning 10-year customer. Now that opens the door for the competition and I must check them out to see if they are better. Next time I will try out the Crowne Plaza and see how they treat an IHG Club member.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear ckmiller

Thank you for taking the time to provide your communicate and I am sorry we were unable to meet your expecations on this stay in regards to the room upgrade. I would welcome the opportunity to review this situation with you peronsally.

We definitely have made changes to our food and beverage offerings in the past few years due to the market demand however will be sure to pass your feedback directly our Director of Food and Beverage.

I hope we have an opportunity to see you again and please feel free to reach out to me directly should you be returning to the area.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here with my family the night before i went on holiday, Lovely hotel, staff were really helpful and friendly. Pool area looked amazing (just like the pictures) The only thing that was a let down was the restaurants, They only open at certain times so in a way your forced to order from room service which is quite expensive but the food is fantanstic and you get a large amount. Defo would stay here again!

Dear Charlotte S

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments. I do apologize for your dissappointment in our Restaurant timings and will share that feedback appropriately.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our family stayed here for 1 night on route to Istanbul. It's a quick bus ride or taxi to get here(13 pounds). The room is comfortable and quiet. Beds are good. There is an indoor pool adjacent to the front desk. We ate at the pub. The curry chicken is good. There is a Starbucks in the lobby. Free WiFi in lobby area.You can go into downtown London and take the express train from the airport- only 20 minutes away.

1  Thank 4fortravel
SheratonSkyline, General Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear 4fortravel

Thank you for sharing your review on this website. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked the location. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards,
Jirayr Kececian

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Booked this hotel with parking for 10 days, check in was easy and the staff were very polite the room was great huge bed and and great bathroom very clean.
We used the bar in the swimming pool area this was very relaxing again staff were great. We did not eat in the hotel but the food on offer looked good.
Would definitely use this hotel again when travelling its a shame its just a stop over hotel as it was brilliant and I would be happy to have stayed longer.

1  Thank JayneBett

Dear JayneBett

Thank you for sharing your great feedback and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to a longer stay next time.

Warmest regards,
Jirayr Kececian

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Haven't been back to England for nearly four years but the Skyline is a staple. The Italian restaurant has disappeared to be replaced by Madhu's, which offers a really good selection of curries. Would recommend the aubergine salad. If one does not feel like a curry, however, the sports bar is not a great alternative. Love the water pressure of the showers; not so much the flush of the toilets. Aside from these small nit-picks, it is a true haven to return to after a day in London. Some of the old staff seem to have left and that's a shame. Used to have one of the best concierge departments around.

Thank you to Manager for noting my 25th stay. I had not realised.

Room Tip: Inner rooms facing the pool are quieter.

Dear berhala236

Thank you for sharing your feedback with everyone on this webste. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked the new restaurant, Madhu's. We hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards,
Jirayr Kececian General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!