“Why choose anywhere else?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hayes
Hampshire, UK
“Why choose anywhere else?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Simply put: a great hotel for a layover or before travelling via LHR. Very close to the airport and with great facilities including a wonderful pool and bar area that is far superior to a standard airport hotel- a great way to start your holiday! We stayed for one night with a late check out the next day. Travel to Central London could not have been easier. Free bus outside to hatton cross station and then 1/2 hour tube journey to Leicester square. Free bus back to the hotel via Hatton cross. Concierge service excellent and good quality very good. My only recommendation. For improvement remains the same from my previous visit: more variety in room service menu. So a great hotel for LHR. Our hotel of choice for he future.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank HHawks
SheratonSkyline, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear HHawks

Thank you for for staying with us once again at the Sheraton Skyline and I am very glad to hear that we continue to be able to provide you with such an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to communicate your feedback on our Room Service menu with our Food and Beverage department.

Hopefully we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

After traveling all over Europe, my wife and I really enjoyed our one night stay here before departing from Heathrow. The service is very good, the front desk staff and room service staff are exceptional, and the room was very nicely designed and decorated.

In addition, the size of the room was extravagant, compared to the tiny room we had in central London previously. The pool area was not as nice as expected for our use, but made for a nice view out the window. Also, (and importantly), there is a Starbuck's on the premises! There is also a very nice gym on-site, but due to short time available, we did not utilize. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ken S.

It is always lovely to receive such nice feedback about both our facilities and our staff. Thank you so much for taking the time to share! And I do agree that having a Starbucks in the lobby is wonderful!

Hoperfully we will be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spend a night at this hotel during a layover between my flight from Athens to the US. I took a taxi to the hotel which cost about 17 lbs (pretty steep). My flight was in the evening and I did not want to wait on the bus.

The hotel is fairly large and the rooms are very comfortable. The front desk was very nice to me and they upgraded my room for me. I was booked on the club floor and was able to enjoy some very nice beverages and snacks in the lounge and have breakfast in the morning. The room was very comfortable and the bed was large. The A/C worked very well and kept the room very comfortable.

I took the bus back to the airport. If you want to take the bus, you can purchase your ticket from the front desk at a substantial discount (mine was 4.5 pounds). The bus comes about every 30 minutes and is a very convenient and cost effective way to get to and from the airport. Cab service is a little less reliable from the hotel. If you are traveling with children, they are free on the bus.

If I was spending a night at the airport at LHR, I would definitely stay at this hotel. The price was very reasonable as well, by UK standards.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GAH0668
Dear GAH0668

It is great to hear that we were able to meet your expectations on this stay and I am glad you were able to take advantage of our Club Lounge and its facilities. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back soon on your next trip to the UK.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here on my trip to London on business. For an economy hotel, I had a very pleasant stay. Only downfall is that its not close to the tube. However, a short bus ride allowed me to still get downtown. Clean room, friendly staff. No issues.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear Steve P

Thank you for your kind comments! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.Hopefully next time your business brings you to London we will see you again.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This used to be THE Heathrow airport hotel. It's been a few years since I stayed there and it's beginning to show it's age. Shabby, worn carpets, tatty furniture, saggy mattress, thin towels, broken phone. It just looks a bit bashed about and in need of a good clean. Service was efficient rather than friendly. I didn't use the restaurant and room service was delivered promptly but cold. Breakfast bread basket rolls were very hard and stale.

This is not a 4-star hotel any more and doesn't represent good value for money.

Tip: Go to the Marriott next door.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SheratonSkyline, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Stroppy W

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for sharing your feedback.We do take our constructive feedback very seriously and I have shared your comments with the team. We are sorry that we were unable to meet your expecations on this visit. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to speak further about your visit.

Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our late flight to Milan was cancelled by B.A. with disastrous customer service. We opted very late to look after our own overnight stay til the next flight so booked within an hour to go to the Sheraton. It is a good functional airport hotel. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were as you would expect although our double was a little on the small side compared to modern trends.
Concierge early next morning was good as was the sports bar where we eat. Overall a good experience.

A nice touch was that having heard our B.A. nightmare the check in staff gave us a free drinks voucher, this small gesture would make me stay here again. In hotels it is the small things that count. Well done Sheraton.

The only criticism is the ridiculous charge of 5 pounds an hour for Wi-Fi. Why do some hotels get this service so terribly wrong. It seems prevalent among American owned hotels.

Room Tip: Unable to say they have so many
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank bottegasam
Dear bottegasam

Thank you for your stay with us though I wish it had been under better circumstances. A delayed flight is never fun however I am glad that my team was able to improve the experience for you. I do apologize for the dissappointed with the internet. We do appreciate that many hotels do offer this service complimentary however at this stage this is not part of our offerins in the Sheraton brand.

Thank you again and we look foward to welcoming you back in the future.

Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Only a short overnight stay before departing at 0400 for the airport.
Booked as a package including parking near to the terminal.
Very efficient staff and for finding my "lost" toothbrush so that I could collect it on my return was very good indeed.
Would use again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lomos14

I am glad you were able to have a good rest with us before departing on such an early flight! Thank you for your kind comments and I am glad we were able to assist with the return of your toothbrush.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!