“Great Hotel near Heathrow for layover!”

Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family stayed here for one night for our layover flight back to LAX. The room was very roomy and well decorated. The staff at front desk was very helpful. The hotel is about 15 min cab ride from Terminal 5 and cost us about 16#'s(bit expensive). On the way back to Terminal 5, we took the Hopper Bus ( cost us about 4/5#'s per person).
They have a pub and Indian Restaurant Madhu. The food at Madhu was excellent and price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: If you like Indian food, recommend Madhu restaurant.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SheratonSkyline, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear pakman7

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us! It is always nice to read such nice comments. Hopefully we will see you again on your next trip through London.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,788)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights last weekend and were very impressed.
Check In was fast and the staff pleasant.
We had booked a Club room and were very pleased with our decision.
Our room was on the third, and top floor, so we had no one stomping about above. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. It also had Wi-Fi included.
The club lounge was a treat, always quiet, and there were nibbles and drinks provided throughout the day. It looks onto Heathrow runway, and was good for plane watching.
The continental breakfast was also served in the Club lounge. Good variety of fruits, yoghurts, cereals, and pastries, in a relaxed and quiet environment.
The swimming pool area was lovely, although the music being played was a little too loud for my liking. It was still nice to be able to go for a swim though.
We ate in the Sports Bar both nights and the food and service were very good. The menu has lots of choice for all tastes, although a little on the pricey side, but it is London. The Manager was very pleasant and appeared to really enjoy his job.
I would recommend this hotel, especially the Club option.
From and To Heathrow bus/coach station and the underground T123, there are a number of buses that stop near the hotel, and are free of charge, (Buses starting with the number 1) Otherwise, the hotel Hoppa bus is £5 each way per person.

Room Tip: Club Room - On top floor. Includes Continental breakfast, Wi-Fi, Club lounge use.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Squidgeys

Dear Jane-2957

It does sound like you had a very enjoyable stay with us and I am pleased to hear that. The Club room is a great option and I am happy to hear you were able to take full advantage of all the facilities it has to offer. The Lounge offers such a nice environment for relaxing. I am sorry to hear the music was a bit loud in the pool area and will be sure to share your feedback.

Thank you for sharing such positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Arrived mid morning with a check in time of 1:00. Front desk was very accomodating, they checked me in and took charge of my bags as the room was not available yet. I freshened up a bit and took off to explore London. Several hours later when I returned, my bags were in my room which was beautiful. Large comfortable bed covered in quality bedding which lead to many dream filled comfortable nights.
On my first night, a wedding party on the first floor had a few revelers who thought it would be fun to pull the fire alarm. Imagine waking up to a metallic voice telling you to proceed to the nearest stairs. Dead tired after long flight and hours of exploring, I stumbled out of bed and grabbed my passport and followed stream of people outside where the fire "brigade" was searching over the hotel while we stood in a steady drizzle waiting. When allowed in, the staff was amazing at getting replacement card keys for everyone who like me had not thought of grabbing it. The following morning I found a letter from the GM apologizing for the incident, offering healthy discounts on the room for the remainder of my stay and complimentary food and drinks. Needless to say I was surprised but very pleased.
The internet service was perfect, the bar/lounge very inviting and pool area seemed more tropical in nature, very very nice. The hotel is very clean and well tended as was my room each day when I returned from my travels around London. I have to mention that the front desk and concierge were beyond helpful. I will be returning to London next May and guess where I will stay. Hopefully no wedding guests this time lol

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Richard F

Thank you for your lovely email! I am glad to hear our team was so welcoming. I do apolgoize again the challenges with the fire alarm and thank you again for being so understanding with the circumstances.

We look forward to seeing you again next May.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Simply put: a great hotel for a layover or before travelling via LHR. Very close to the airport and with great facilities including a wonderful pool and bar area that is far superior to a standard airport hotel- a great way to start your holiday! We stayed for one night with a late check out the next day. Travel to Central London could not have been easier. Free bus outside to hatton cross station and then 1/2 hour tube journey to Leicester square. Free bus back to the hotel via Hatton cross. Concierge service excellent and good quality very good. My only recommendation. For improvement remains the same from my previous visit: more variety in room service menu. So a great hotel for LHR. Our hotel of choice for he future.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank HHawks

Dear HHawks

Thank you for for staying with us once again at the Sheraton Skyline and I am very glad to hear that we continue to be able to provide you with such an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to communicate your feedback on our Room Service menu with our Food and Beverage department.

Hopefully we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

After traveling all over Europe, my wife and I really enjoyed our one night stay here before departing from Heathrow. The service is very good, the front desk staff and room service staff are exceptional, and the room was very nicely designed and decorated.

In addition, the size of the room was extravagant, compared to the tiny room we had in central London previously. The pool area was not as nice as expected for our use, but made for a nice view out the window. Also, (and importantly), there is a Starbuck's on the premises! There is also a very nice gym on-site, but due to short time available, we did not utilize. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ken S.

It is always lovely to receive such nice feedback about both our facilities and our staff. Thank you so much for taking the time to share! And I do agree that having a Starbucks in the lobby is wonderful!

Hoperfully we will be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spend a night at this hotel during a layover between my flight from Athens to the US. I took a taxi to the hotel which cost about 17 lbs (pretty steep). My flight was in the evening and I did not want to wait on the bus.

The hotel is fairly large and the rooms are very comfortable. The front desk was very nice to me and they upgraded my room for me. I was booked on the club floor and was able to enjoy some very nice beverages and snacks in the lounge and have breakfast in the morning. The room was very comfortable and the bed was large. The A/C worked very well and kept the room very comfortable.

I took the bus back to the airport. If you want to take the bus, you can purchase your ticket from the front desk at a substantial discount (mine was 4.5 pounds). The bus comes about every 30 minutes and is a very convenient and cost effective way to get to and from the airport. Cab service is a little less reliable from the hotel. If you are traveling with children, they are free on the bus.

If I was spending a night at the airport at LHR, I would definitely stay at this hotel. The price was very reasonable as well, by UK standards.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GAH0668

Dear GAH0668

It is great to hear that we were able to meet your expectations on this stay and I am glad you were able to take advantage of our Club Lounge and its facilities. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back soon on your next trip to the UK.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here on my trip to London on business. For an economy hotel, I had a very pleasant stay. Only downfall is that its not close to the tube. However, a short bus ride allowed me to still get downtown. Clean room, friendly staff. No issues.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Steve P

Thank you for your kind comments! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.Hopefully next time your business brings you to London we will see you again.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!