“Im not sure what to say!”

Fountain House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hayes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2011

The rooms were awful and dated yet expensive and the staff rude. If they cleaned it better it would still look bad

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank clara072

Reviewed 4 March 2011

I feel slightly bad giving the hotel such a bad review as the staff were actually quite sweet and friendly, but at the end of the day I am reviewing the hotel and it really was disgusting!

When arriving at the hotel i was asked to pay in full before even seeing my room, that is when alarm bells started to ring. Apparently 90% of rooms are en-suite and surprise surprise mine was not, I had to go to a horrible toilet down the corridor which made me feel very uncomfortable! The room was like a prison! The bed was extremely uncomfortable and there was a man snoring very loudly next door.

On my second night a man working at the hotel just let himself into my room at 10:30, as he was giving me back my kettle. I was absolutely horrified! I was in my pyjamas and trying to sleep as I had not done the night before! After this incident I rang my boyfriend in tears as I felt I had no security!

When the morning came I felt like I had achieved something by getting through the night and could not pack up my bags fast enough to get in my car and escape to my place of work.

This hotel left me drained and emotional and was the worst hotel experience of my life and I am regularly staying in digs away from home!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2010

We were stranded by the chaos at Heathrow the weekend before Christmas. No help given at airport, so managed to get a family room here while we sorted ourselves out. Very helpful staff - on arrival our room was freezing but within 5 minutes an electric radiator had been plugged in and the heating itself soon started to work overtime. Room was dated but for £60 per night I think it was adequate. We had tea/coffee facilities, en-suite shower and loo and a TV. Breakfast was OK but not brilliant. Can't praise the staff enough - we were stranded as I said before, and this was undoubtedly better than sleeping on the floor in Terminal 1. No evening meals but plenty of take-away establishments who will deliver to your room (Pizza Hut, eg).

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank elswickian
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights as it was cheap and i was having medical treatment in ealing, when we booked the only room available was a three bed room. the rooms were advertised as all ensuite and as i was not going to be well i wanted to have one and saw reviews saying that it was not true that all rooms were ensuite so my partner called and they assured us they were, Apon arrival we were greeted by nice old woman our room was at the furthest point of hotel and quiet a maze to find but was very nice when we finlly found it. I did notice though that not all the rooms had ensuites so do be careful. The rooms were basic but clean and no noise level, the stairs and treck to our room were quite an inconvenience as i was not well so would not recommend for elderly people or anyone who would find narrow stairs difficult. We only had breakfast once and nearly died when we saw it...worst english breakfast i have ever had. Overall for the price the hotel was good, friendly staff and clean

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Well located within Outer London but within the M25, makes the Fountain House a reasonably cheap solution for staying in West London at a reasonable cost.

No bar to speak of to we had to drive out for eats and food but a quiet enough retreat for a quick stopover.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2010

booked in for two nights as I was working in Hayes. The room was no bigger than what I imagine a prison cell would be and I was told that I had been upgraded to an en-suite room!

It was freezing cold, and I mean FREEZING! When I complained I was told that the heating was on and would I like an electric fan heater? That blew cold air!

No breakfast available as I had to leave earlier for work but I was advised that a continental breakfast would be available.

I had paid for the two nights but left a few hours into the second night and spent the remaining time in my van on site at work.

I am a contractor and have stayed in some bad places in my time but this place has to be the worst ever. Would def not recommend it to anyone! Couldn't rate zero stars otherwise I would!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank KawasakiGJT
Reviewed 26 August 2008

What can I say as a business traveller who stays in hotels 3 nights a week, Ive stayed in one or two. This has to be by far the worst! Booked by my office I arrive to be shown to the tiniest room (cupboard would be more appropriate) with only a shower and basin in the room. on complaining I was told yes the toilet is at the end of the corridor!!! I was then offered a slightly larger room with ensuite if that what you call a filthy bathroom and stinking toilet. Having been to the local shops to buy some cleaning equipment and tried to clean the shower head so bad It would not come clean. The cover on the bed has obviously been her since 1970 and filthy and warn out. The hotel is in need of a visit from the hotel inspector to sort this place out. On complaining the management did not seem even slightly bothered, leaving a very frustrated guest!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Hyatt Place London Heathrow/Hayes
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Hayes, Heathrow Hotel
Best Western Airlink Hotel London Heathrow
The Red Lion Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#1 of 5 in Uxbridge
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Fountain House Hotel? Share your experiences!