“Don't believe all the rubbish reviews”

Fountain House Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hayes B&B and Inns
Hull, England, United Kingdom
“Don't believe all the rubbish reviews”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 105 and it was clean. Clean towels were available for us,Kettle cups and biscuits. Bottled water next to our beds. We all slept really well. The only reason I dont give it a 5 is little things like rubbish outside on the balcony outside our room. We only stayed the night for £60 with two adults and one child and we really don't know what all the bad reviews are all about. Yes theres alot of work needs doing to the place but you're staying in the room so surely thats the main part you want perfect.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie-ShaneL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Filthy disgusting owners and a building to match the place is unfit for human use the kitchen is a incubator for filth disease and bacteria horrendous rooms absolutely disgusting toilet and shower we had to endure one gut wrenching night until our company found us another hotel environmental health should shut this cesspit down. The owner should check his insurance is up to date leave the dss bums you've got in there as well and burn it to the ground because being a hotelier and hygienic your no good at .photos uploaded

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank thegirv
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I booked this as a last minute decision as it was as close as I could get to Legoland for myself, my wife and my two children (four and five).
Ample parking (if you dont mind blocking in strangers with no way of knowing if you will casue them a problem or you getting blocked in and not knowing who to ask to move)

When arriving we had to ring a bell to be let in which raised a question since the sign said the door was locked from 9pm (it was 7pm). When booking in (the whole downstairs still smells strongly of curries etc) we were told that instead of the family room we had booked they only had available two doubles but that they would be "very near to close together" Not happy with this since I had only booked the day before I said it wasnt really acceptable and suddenly he was able to change our room and as other guests were yet to arrive then we could have a family room after all.

The room was clean and tidy which after reading other reviews I was worried about, sheets etc seemed new but still using woolen blankets etc!

We needed some bits and bobs so I left wife and kids in room and set out to the local shops. On my way down the (very) narrow corridors I came across a gentleman three sheets to the wind, takeaway in hand that smelt like he hadn't washed in a while. I can only assume that they take in people with housing issues which I dont mind however would really of had me worried had we have been in seperate rooms rather than the family one.

Fast forward to 3am and there were people running up and down corridors, kncking on doors and making noise for about half an hour. To be fair this is not the hotels fault but given the guest I encountered earlier I didn't feel inclinded to open the door and ask for the noise to be kept down and with no phone in the room there was no way I was going to go and find a staff member. I was just glad the children stayed asleep.

We already decided to skip breakfast however in the morning we were greeted at the bottom of the stairs with a lady putting her moisteriser on when we handed the key back.

I wouldnt stay as a family, if I was on my own I may risk it but would only go straight to my room and then leave on the morning.

Room Tip: We had 119 which was clean tidy and new but I would guess single/double rooms are where trouble lay
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony S
ianblack
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Was attending a conference in Uxbridge and this hotel looked ok for one night.

As a place to lay ones head as part of a work stay it was ok. I wouldn't choose it for anything else though. Parking provided and it is close to a park which provided a nice evening walk.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ianblack4
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

We booked this for a week for work, the thing for that caught our attention was the free wi-if which was essential.

It was a waste of time it never worked and when it did it was quicker to use your phone. We did a speed test and it came back at 220k.

As for ample parking there's 4 spaces ! This is not ideal if you're in a work vehicle and wouldn't want to leave it parked on the road overnight.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We were driving back to London from France and needed a place near Heathrow to stay overnight since we had an early morning flight back to the US the next day. All the good hotels were fully booked so we found this place online through a third party booking site. Be VERY careful with this place. They didn't make it clear to us that they have a policy that you can't check in after 10:00PM. We would have made it there on time except that due to repairs a part of the exit ramp from the highway to get there was closed, and there was a HUGE traffic jam at the detour. The traffic signs re-directed us way out of the way and the place wasn't that easy to find so we were not able to get there before 10:00PM. It took us hours of calling and driving around late at night to find another place much further away from the airport to stay. Terrible customer service! While we were trying to get there we tried to contact them that evening we were not able to get through via telephone. We emailed them and they never bothered to reply. When we contacted the third party booking company we were told that the hotel refused to refund any of the money. I think that they should make it more clear when you book that they will not allow you to check in after 22:00 and that they will keep your money anyway. London is a huge city, and people can easily get delayed getting from one place to another. Bad policy!

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rainford P
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Dirty,grubby,smelly. Every piece of decor wasnt just 30yrs out of date, it appeared to be 30 + years old . 6 types of carpet through stairs, hallways & rooms all old, dirty & our room definately NOT cleaned after the last people stayed. Shower was mouldy,hallways & room horribley smelly & the bed covers sooo old &worn out they literally ripped even more when I ran my hand over the top There was NO wifi, which we had been counting on -we did everything but climb on the roof to try to get a connection / & there was no explanation or apology from management when questioned. Im not sure how its classed as a B & B when you have to pay extra, once you book in, for breakfast - £4 for 2pieces of cold toast! I dont have OCD nor am I a hygiene freak but this place was awful, unhygienic & we did not feel safe.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank NickyTD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Best Western Airlink Hotel London Heathrow
Mehfil Hotel
Mehfil Hotel
#1 of 1 in Southall
Premier Inn London Hayes, Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow/Hayes
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Fountain House Hotel? Share your experiences!