“DISGUSTING”

and 1 more site!
Waterside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Hayes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We booked in August for a late Sept stay. On arrival were told there was no booking and were charged an extra 10 pounds cash and directed to a "spare" room at the back which turned out to be less than backpacker quality. The bed linnen was dirty. "Breakfast " was 6 crackers in aplastic container and stale cereal with milk. Hardly continental. The container for cutlery had droppings in the bottom and had not been cleaned for some time. The night was spent listening to students partying,doing their washing or watching loud TV. On arrival home I discovered my credit card had been debited the accommodation cost in August although the date booked was Sept 27th. Still tryimg to get full refund. Zero rating in all areas.

Room Tip: read as many reviews as possible- do not stay here
Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank phil j
There are newer reviews for Waterside Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 3 July 2011

Mould in bathroom and in shower(cupboard)
Dead flies in room
Cobwebs everywhere
And REALLY AWFULL BEDS
We left without eating CONTINENTAL breakfast
The Juice carton in fridge had been opened, UHT milk
a few crackers and 3 cartons of cereal.
Cheap(ish) but most definateley not cheerfull.

Room Tip: probably isnt one
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Avalon1959
Reviewed 3 June 2011

This is a basic b&b , stayed for 1 night. the room was a good size, bed comfortable, everywhere seemed clean, shower and toilet room was small but adequate. you get your key to own external door, so you can come and go as you please. Tv, radio. breakfast was basic, but again adequate, cereals, Orange juice, that sort of thing. noise from other apartments travelled, but not excessively. overall, for £40 this close to London, I felt it represented good value. the owners are very nice people, after talking with the owner the previous evening about my interview the next day someone else working there wished me luck, it felt more personal than a travellodge! and they are twice the price in this area! thanks for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank coolpot
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Windowless room (converted garage). Breakfast: Cereal with UHT milk and crackers in the room which you have to eat sitting on the bed balancing the breakfast on your lap! Minute sink in the mouldy shower room.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank passazhir
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I stayed with my partner who came to visit for one night - we hadn't seen each other for a month and a half, and were hoping to get some quiet, comfortable time together.

The bad: It was very windy and cold when we got there at about 1 pm, and there was nobody there. To be fair we were a little bit late, and the lady did get there in a short time.
We got a twin room, even though we booked double, so we had to squeeze together in a single bed - not exactly comfy.
The room was extremely warm and dry. I know it's Winter - but no need to roast us alive!
The bathroom looked modern and (mostly) clean, although very cold and damp, contrasting with the room. The spaces between the floor tiles were filthy black. Had there been bleach around, I would have cleaned them myself.
10:30 am the next morning, we were naked in bed looking for somewhere to eat, and the lady barged in to inform us to be out by 11:30. No knocking, and no apologies. In every other hotel I've been in, checkout time was always midday, so we didn't expect it. My partner has a delicate mental problem in which he blanks out if confronted with sudden shock, so I had to deal with coaxing him back into "the land of the living" so he could be ready by checkout time.

The good: Very pretty place, and it looks like it could be lots of fun in the Summer, since it has a swimming pool and what looked like a barbeque. Close to Heathrow, so it should be great for business people.
Fast and reliable wireless, and no need to ask for a network key. Room had its own microwave oven, fridge, kettle, and TV. Breakfast was adequate, consisting of a couple of packets of cereal, juice packs, cookie packets, a carton of milk, and tea and coffee.
Toilet and shower looked new.

All in all - it's regrettable that it wasn't better, as I wanted to bring a friend over to stay at Waterside.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hanna-likes-cats
Reviewed 10 February 2010

We arrived in the pouring rain, knocked on the door, which was answered quite promptly, however we were directed to walk all the way round the back of the house to the kitchen (she wouldnt let us walk through the house)
We were given a twin room, although we had booked a double.
Our room was to the side of the main house, could hear the owners all night watching TV and their dog barking.
Bathroom, mouldy and cold, the sink is to small to have a wash and the shower looked dirty.
Breakfast is a joke, its consists of jacobs style crackers (not indivdually packed, but taken from a packet and put in a takeaway style tub) jame and margerine. 3 packets of cereal, a carton of UHT milk. (not what I would continental style)
Tea and Coffe making facilities, its all provided, but its again in unsealed cannisters, the type you have in your own kitchen, I wouldnt use it, I dont know whos been in there!
Oh and the swimming pool they advertise had green water!!

My advice, steer well clear

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EVL33
Reviewed 1 February 2010

This accommodation is probably OK for working men (there seemed to be a few of those around) It is definitely not suitable for holidays. As said in other reviews the rooms were extremely shabby and not too clean. The crackers, fruit etc had all seen better days and the cereal packets crisps and cheese were out of date (very much in some cases), UHT milk (ugh). The pictures show a lovely pool and gardens but I wouldn't let my dog swim in that pool, more like a pond. On the plus side, the owner is welcoming, the heat is always on so it was never cold and the rooms we had were spacious, the shower was ok and the bedding clean (others have obviously experienced differently) Very convenient for bus/trains. If you're not too fussy and prepared to eat out or bring your own food it might suit.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank jacknjules
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
The Red Lion Hotel
Travelodge Uxbridge Central
Premier Inn Uxbridge Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Premier Inn London Hayes, Heathrow Hotel

Been to Waterside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!