“Lovely Pool”

Waterside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Hayes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Luckily we hadn't read any reviews before booking as it was booked at short notice and the pool was the selling point for us. We had fantastic weather on the Saturday we were there and although the heater for the pool had been turned off we still took a dip, water a little cool but was refreshing after sitting soaking up the sun. We can appreciate what some of the bad reviewers said, the bathroom was small and the walls a little thin but we still felt it was value for money. The beds were a little uncomfortable, the "cold breakfast" in the room we felt was ok, it was nice to have a fridge in the room. Would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 August 2012

i am a soldier who booked a room here online, 8 hours later i had to cancel as my shift pattern had changed!! i called waterside bed and breakfast where i spoke to a women who told me that she would cancel my room reservation when it came through the system. To my suprise a few weeks later i recieved a call from waterside telling me that i had never called, and i had 2 hours to book in.
so in short i was lied to then it was denied i even called and i got charged for a room i had cancelled 3 weeks earlier
would not even suggest this place to my worst enemy and after reading the reviews, im now not suprised i got ripped off
DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!! EVER!!!!SCUMBAGS!!!!

Room Tip: read reviews of this place befor hand
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Darren P
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We planned to use this place to stay before the holiday of a lifetime and to leave our car there whilst we were away.
On the positive side...the lawn is well cut(driveway covered in patriotic trip hazzard to celebrate olympics). The owner has a very nice rolls and the pool looks ok although the chairs are not the epitome of luxury.
The room charges appear cheap until you discover that they well reflect the quality of the room "conversions". I allowed my daughters to stay in the "larger" room, and mine was a "twin" with appeared to be a 8-10 inches between the beds. The floor "carpet" turned it into a dangerous skating patch. The room was not only miniscule but also poorly "converted" looking like a poor mans hostel. The house had been changed so that all rooms had been changed to accomodation and little insulation. The whole environment was poorly set up and in no way felt like a comfortable experience. The beds weren't that impressive either.
Our greeting left a lot to be desired as it felt very throw away.
"Breakfast" was a collection iof poor quality multibuy items purporting to be a cold breakfast, none of us felt in the slightest motivated to eat any of the food.
I cannot stress enough, if you want a driver to take you to the airport the owner is your man (roller is an additional charge) if you want comfort sleep a good relaxing experience and not nonsensical messaghes posted on the pointless microwave in the room look elsewhere

Room Tip: If you are looking for a good room please look elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Hoppityskip
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We booked by telephone about 5 weeks before arrival in late July. Our room was in the bungalow behind the main house with parking right in front. Room was large, beds comfortable, bathroom small but adequate. Had a ceiling fan, wi-fi, tv, radio, microwave, fridge and kettle with tea and coffee supplies. Breakfast was minimal but fine (included cereal. milk, juice, crackers, cheese, jam & tea/coffee - and a bag of crisps to take for a later snack.) Consider the low price of £55 for a double in the middle of summer at the start of Olympics and near Heathrow!
Swimming pool was absolutely wonderful on a hot day and staff members busy tidying up after hosting an Olympic torch relay celebration were very friendly.
It wasn't perfect but we definitely got value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed here with my daughter recently for 1 night. Unfortunately I did not read any reviews before as I was in a hurry and it was my 3rd choice. I booked by phone which I took directly from their own website.
The duvet covers on both mine and my daughters beds were visibly soiled with what looked like dried on weetabix breakfast cereal, and my bottom sheet had definately had someones bottom on it!!! Late at night, so slept on what appeared to be the only clean sheet and one of the bath towels on top.
Prefab style buildings in the back garden is where our room was located. Bathroom very small and cold. Soap dish...filthy. Shower uncontrolable, freezing cold one minute, scalding the next. I had to rescue my screaming daughter, crying from it burning her back. Also it is fixed in one position with no room to move out of the spray, and a door that has to concertina inwards reducing the shower space even more.
The UHT milk in our fridge was open and had partially been used by someone. The tea and coffee are not hygenically individually wrapped. Just cereals in room for breakfast (their own website does not indicate this). No toast, just cream crackers taken out of a packet and put in old looking plastic lunch box style container. Cannot even be described as a continental breakfast......and we thought we would be having English breakfast.......what a joke. Very dusty, could hear every conversation from the next room, snoring, burping etc (very thin walls).
No one around on leaving to discuss, though we were in a hurry. No reply from the emails I sent when I returned home, they cashed my cheque very quickly.
Only good points: easy parking and warm room.
I would highly recommed that you DO NOT stay here. It's like something out of the 1950's!!!

I would highly recommend you DO NOT stay here it is still in the 1950's.

Room Tip: Read the reviews and beleive them, the standard here is very poor and I think the owners just turn a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Nicky E
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I stay at the waterside very often, I feel for a bed and breakfast it is value for money, rooms are cosy and clean and tidy with free view tv, microwave, fridge, kettle, hairdryer, and trouser press. The owners are very accomodating and helpful. Very close to the train and underground so traveling into central London is easy. I would definitely recommend WaterSide Bed and Breakfast to freinds and family.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Even though, we received a booking confirmation two months in advance, on arrival, we were told there was no room and consequently they had booked another b and b. They were very rude.

Room Tip: stay away. The service is lousy and the people are very rude. There is hardly any parking space, bec...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Alabama122
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
The Red Lion Hotel
Premier Inn Uxbridge Hotel
Novotel London Heathrow
Novotel London Heathrow
#6 of 12 in West Drayton

Been to Waterside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!