“St Lukes”
Review of Skydive Buzz Ltd

Skydive Buzz Ltd
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to one of the UK's leading parachute schools! If you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience or to become the next world champion, we can make it happen. Our centre has some of the best facilities in the UK, including one of the most comfortable and fastest climbing jump planes in the world. We provide excellent services and facilities such as first class coffee bar and restaurant; The Aviator.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“St Lukes”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

What an amazing day, started at 8.00am cafe open the smell of bacon signed in and had the briefing and into the plane up to 15000 ft the doors opened and out we went the most amazing experience of my life,my tandem buddy was great (south African) cant remember his name (sorry) let me stear our parachute we did some twirls amazing, and bit of weightlessness and we circled around and i screamed aloud what a buzz and all for St Lukes, anyone thinking about this just do it, the staff are great cant wait to go again.

4 Thank Rooddog6

Braunton, United Kingdom
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 299 helpful votes
“What an amazing experience”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I did a skydive at Skydive UK (Dunkerswell) yesterday. I did it for the North Devon District Hospital Chemotherapy Appeal as a sponsored skydive. It was an amazing experience and I loved it!

I had to be there at 10.00 to book in, there were delayed due to poorer weather (Cloudy with slight wind) but this information was relayed to everyone over the information system, and I had previously been informed that weather could cause delays, so I was just glad that the Skydive would still be happening on the day.

The people in my timeframe group were eventually called forward for a briefing which was good, clear and informative.

Then we had to wait to be called, once called I met my tandem instructor and had to prepare for the jump. I had Chris who was excellent, he was reassuring and explained a bit more about the actual jump with him and what would happen.

Chris strapped me into the harness, hat and goggles. Then we were ready. We had time for a few photos before going out onto the airside and to the plane. Chris and I would be last to jump so that meant we were first into the plane. This was a bit of a squeeze although not a problem. The plane took off and climbed up to 7000 feet and the initial skydiver jumped out. We then climbed to 15,000 where we were to jump. Everyone else jumped out and then it was our turn. I followed the instructions Chris gave me and edged towards the door and assumed the position for exit.

We jumped, this was amazing, noisy and the most extreme thing I have ever done, we freefell for 10000 feet before the parachute was opened by Chris. This was an extreme deceleration, then we flew around under the parachute and after were totally stable Chris let me steer the parachute. Chris then showed me some manoeuvres with the steering. We now practiced for the landing position and after this did some sightseeing. Despite being a cloudy day the view was still amazing and we could see for miles.

Then it was time to land and all over so quickly, I assumed the landing position. Then we landed exactly where Chris had said we would.

We then boarded the bus back to the main building and after changing out of the harness etc. it was over.

I totally recommend this extreme day out. It was amazing, the staff were fantastic and a fabulous experience I will never forget.

7 Thank Karl N
Bath, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Somerset Emergency Volunteers”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

19 of our volunteers jumped today - non had jumped before. Each one nervous before they jumped but after they had landed they said they loved every minute of the experience. Their smiling faces said it all. Each of them has said they would like to go back and give it another go. The diving instructors were very knowledgeable and made each feel welcome and safe. They also took some wonderful footage before, during and after the sky dive. Something to treasure.
Facilities were great and thanks to Rachel, who booked them in, drove them about, burnt the DVDs and generally seemed to be everywhere at once, the whole day was a huge success. We had a large group of supporters to cheer them on their way, even took two BbQs and generally took over the whole area. Thank you Rachel for keeping us so informed as to what was actually happening up in the sky. Perfect summer day.

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Anyone who fears nothing - do this! Beg borrow and steal to pay for it! Recommend the photo or video as I didn't remember half of it until I saw the shots!! Amazing experience. I'd do it again and I've told everyone to do it! You will never beat this experience.

Visited June 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience, instructor great.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great experience raising money for charity. Was great views and staff good. Its a pity that the weather delay the jump but that can't be helped. Would do again.

Visited June 2014