“Birthday gift, Awesome experience!”
Review of Skydive Buzz Ltd

Skydive Buzz Ltd
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to one of the UK's leading parachute schools! If you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience or to become the next world champion, we can make it happen. Our centre has some of the best facilities in the UK, including one of the most comfortable and fastest climbing jump planes in the world. We provide excellent services and facilities such as first class coffee bar and restaurant; The Aviator.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was bought the skydive experience by my partner for my birthday, We got to the site for 10 am but due to high wind speed I wasn't able to 'jump' till 8 pm, It was a really long day and could've felt it, except the staff were brilliant, very informative about what was going on with the wind speeds and the opportunity to re-book. The banter with some of guys was great and you could really tell they enjoy what they do. My tandem partner George was great and really made me feel at ease, I really cant express in words how great the experience was and really cant wait to do my next!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

we arrive looking forward to our skydive all pre paid, and then they tell us we needed to pay extra to skydive today. To top it off, no cameras or phones were allowed and photos cost £150 each.

4  Thank Traveler1689
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very rude and unpleasant staff. only care about money and kept asking for us to pay more, didn't care about our experience on the day

6  Thank Skydive R
Reviewed 7 July 2014

What an amazing day, started at 8.00am cafe open the smell of bacon signed in and had the briefing and into the plane up to 15000 ft the doors opened and out we went the most amazing experience of my life,my tandem buddy was great (south African) cant remember his name (sorry) let me stear our parachute we did some twirls amazing, and bit of weightlessness and we circled around and i screamed aloud what a buzz and all for St Lukes, anyone thinking about this just do it, the staff are great cant wait to go again.

4  Thank Rooddog6
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I did a skydive at Skydive UK (Dunkerswell) yesterday. I did it for the North Devon District Hospital Chemotherapy Appeal as a sponsored skydive. It was an amazing experience and I loved it!

I had to be there at 10.00 to book in, there were delayed due to poorer weather (Cloudy with slight wind) but this information was relayed to everyone over the information system, and I had previously been informed that weather could cause delays, so I was just glad that the Skydive would still be happening on the day.

The people in my timeframe group were eventually called forward for a briefing which was good, clear and informative.

Then we had to wait to be called, once called I met my tandem instructor and had to prepare for the jump. I had Chris who was excellent, he was reassuring and explained a bit more about the actual jump with him and what would happen.

Chris strapped me into the harness, hat and goggles. Then we were ready. We had time for a few photos before going out onto the airside and to the plane. Chris and I would be last to jump so that meant we were first into the plane. This was a bit of a squeeze although not a problem. The plane took off and climbed up to 7000 feet and the initial skydiver jumped out. We then climbed to 15,000 where we were to jump. Everyone else jumped out and then it was our turn. I followed the instructions Chris gave me and edged towards the door and assumed the position for exit.

We jumped, this was amazing, noisy and the most extreme thing I have ever done, we freefell for 10000 feet before the parachute was opened by Chris. This was an extreme deceleration, then we flew around under the parachute and after were totally stable Chris let me steer the parachute. Chris then showed me some manoeuvres with the steering. We now practiced for the landing position and after this did some sightseeing. Despite being a cloudy day the view was still amazing and we could see for miles.

Then it was time to land and all over so quickly, I assumed the landing position. Then we landed exactly where Chris had said we would.

We then boarded the bus back to the main building and after changing out of the harness etc. it was over.

I totally recommend this extreme day out. It was amazing, the staff were fantastic and a fabulous experience I will never forget.

7  Thank Karl N