“Fabulous!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Bethany B&B and Inns
Mohnton
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was a lucky guest at my sister's bridal shower at the Mansion at Noble Lane two days ago--and it was beautiful. Her future mother-in-law, sister-in-law, my mom, my sister, and I spent the night at the mansion for a little "girls' night:" we had massages, followed by dinner and wine and breakfast the next morning. What a perfect weekend! The massages were amazing, the food was delicious, and the service and hospitality was fantastic. The mansion itself is breathtaking and has obviously been restored with the utmost care and attention to detail--the main areas are all victorian elegance, with mostly original everything. Our room was a very nice-sized room with queen beds and a sunny bathroom; the rooms have modern comforts but still manage to fit in with the historic theme of the place. I would absolutely recommend this place to anybody for a relaxing getaway of indulgence!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lindsay A
AkwaabaBandB, Owner at The Mansion at Noble Lane, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
It was great having you Lindsay and family! We look forward to spoiling you next time you all plan a big girls' pajama party! In the meantime, enjoy the upcoming wedding!

Monique Greenwood
Owner and CEO (Chief Enjoyment Officer)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just this past Tuesday, my boyfriend and I stayed at The Mansion at Noble Lane to celebrate my birthday. We purchased the deal off of Living Social after reading all of the amazing reviews about the property. The reviews were correct, as it was one of the best stays I've had at a hotel/B&B to date.

Upon arrival, the Innkeeper, Sherry, was extremely welcoming and made us very comfortable. She toured us around the beautiful property and recommended some great places for us to go to in town later that evening. Once we unpacked our things in our room, we headed down for a couples massage which was done by a younger girl (I want to say her name was Alice?) and also Sherry (the innkeeper). The massages were fantastic and very reasonably priced. We couldn't say enough good things about the therapists! We then headed back to our room where we had a chilled bottle of wine, candles, and light snacks waiting for us. The whole experience really was a dream come true.

Breakfast was delicious and we had a great conversation with the Innkeeper, Sherry. She's a very sweet woman and extremely personable. I've already let my friends and family know they must book their stay at The Mansion and I plan to make this a place that we frequent in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
DC
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Mansion at Noble Lane gives one the sensation of living amongst royalty. The extremely private and tranquil environment allows for a totally relaxing excursion. Although we had a late arrival, entry into the mansion was seamless. We were well informed (via handout) about entry access, wifi connection and available event itinerary. The staff was very welcoming and extremely attentive to our needs. We found Frances to be wonderfully charming and made us feel right at home. The owner Monique was extremely knowledgable about local happenings and helped us navigate our weekend events. We are looking forward to exploring the other Akwaaba properties. We leave feeling well rested and excited to share details of our trip.

• Stayed April 2014
Airmont, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at the Mansion for our 17th wedding anniversary and had an amazing time. Our room was so comfortable and spacious and the bathroom had a nice size jetted tub. We had the couples massage and it was amazing (right on the premises). From the owner, to the inn keeper, right down to the housekeeper, the staff was so accommodating, friendly, and really made us feel at home. There is a pool on the grounds which is indoor and heated. The morning breakfast was delicious and the dining area is intimate enough without feeling like you are sitting right on top of the other guests. I loved this place and luckily there are 3 other locations; we are going to try the one in Cape May during the summer months. I could not have asked for a better place to stay, it was beautiful, well kept with three levels including an outdoor seating area on the third floor. Although all 14 rooms were full this weekend my husband and I still had plenty of opportunity to enjoy the facility without any crowds, in fact at times, it felt like we were the only two there and that was great. We would definitely go back to the Mansion at Noble Lane and will highly recommend it to our friends. Monique, Francis, and Janet...keep up the great work and thank you for making our (too short) getaway an experience to remember.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank honeydip
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I planned a weekend at the Mansion expecting to have a great time after reading such great reviews. From the moment we checked in it was downhill. We arrived at the mansion to a note on the door telling us to call for assistance. Luckily we had phone reception because my friend didn't. From that phone call someone else was called to let us in. We then met Sherie who was very friendly, but unfortunately wasn't sure how everything worked. She showed us around the mansion itself but didn't know where the pool was located, how to access it, wifi connection and more importantly how to access the main entrance if we stepped out for lunch/dinner. When I spoke to Monique she gave me the impression that she would be at the mansion that weekend (I originally booked for the weekend of January 24th, but was told that only the 3 of us would be there, not to mention the crazy weather we were all experiencing. Monique was very sweet and even offered us a stay at her Brooklyn B&B for that weekend, but we live in NY and the idea was to have a getaway from the busy city. She assured me that we would have a great time & move it to the weekend of Feb. 21st For the $277 nightly fee you definitely expected more. The room was decent minus both living and dead flies in our bathroom & bedroom window sills. Breakfast was very basic and probably cost no more than $5.00 per person. You rarely saw the staff when entering or exiting the mansion except noticeably at checkout time when the front desk was actually manned (to settle outstanding balances). After speaking with another couple it seemed we were all on the same page of expecting a better experience. To compensate for the lack of personal attention it would be nice if there was a bulletin board or something that listed the daily activities, and basic information for the guests.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kiki4112
AkwaabaBandB, Owner at The Mansion at Noble Lane, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
I really am sorry this guest did not have a great time during her visit. Admittedly, her check-in did not go as smoothly as we would have liked. It was the first day for a new assistant innkeeper, and although she wasn’t sure of a few things, including the new code for our front entrance--which changes weekly--and the wifi password, she called the innkeeper and got answers for this guest within minutes. I wish I could have personally been at The Mansion as this guest desired, but with four locations in different cities, it’s impossible for me to be at all locations. I take pride, however, in our personable, service-minded team committed to our guests’ satisfaction.

It is important to note that as a bed and breakfast, we do not have a 24-hour manned front desk. We do, however, post the cell phone number of the innkeeper on duty in case a guest has a need and doesn’t see an innkeeper, who might be attending to business anywhere throughout the 25,000-square-foot mansion or on the grounds. We do have a guest information center with brochures of local attractions, and we now print up a weekly bulletin of happenings in and around the inn. With a home-cooked hot breakfast, afternoon refreshments, large guest rooms with rain showers and Jacuzzis, a full gym, tennis courts, an indoor heated pool, complimentary spa amenities including a sauna, and plenty of calming spaces to read, roast marshmallows and reconnect with loved ones, we believe our nightly rates starting at $195 offer a real value.

Monique Greenwood
Owner and CEO (Chief Enjoyment Officer)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from a wonderful weekend at Noble Lane and I am still thinking about it. The service, the ambiance, the decor, the people...everything was top notch. Monique (CEO) cooked breakfast for the guests and actually hosted and participated in game activities with us. She is so humble and down to earth. My boyfriend and I are actually planning a return trip in the summer. Book now - you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Short Hills, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay while visiting our daughter at camp. After much research we fell upon The Mansion at Nobel Lane and decided to take a chance, we're so glad that we did. The Inn Keeper and Owner, Monique met us when we arrived, gave us a tour and answered any questions we had - she is gracious and lovely. The Inn is very pretty and well kept, the grounds are majestic. Monique and her staff prepare a fresh breakfast and buffet every morning. I particularly enjoyed the yoga class and experienced one of the most memorable messages ever--a must this summer's visit, as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethany
Hotel Wayne
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
James Manning House
James Manning House
#1 of 4 in Honesdale

Been to The Mansion at Noble Lane? Share your experiences!