“Ok airport hotel with view of runway. Excellent complimentary business centre with printers”

Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stays at this hotel in March 2014 for 4 nights before flying to Copenhagen. The hotel is accessible via airport bus hopper at a charge (if you arrive into Heathrow) or by a bus from Hatton Cross station (if you arrive from London).

I note a very good and not very busy business centre to allow to print our boarding passes etc.

Expensive food, expensive drinks, restaurant not tried. Instead, around the corner, there is a nice Romanian bistro. Alcohol/sundries/hot Asian food shop is about 5 minutes walk from hotel. Post box available by the Romanian bistro.

Mini gym at the hotel but not tried.

Quality of sleep very good, no noise from aircraft

Sadly platinum members don't get the usual 20% discount on food and beverages. Complimentary internet for Platinum members.

Rooms are clean but the beds are a little small.

If you leave to heathrow airport for your departure, there is an option to take a hotel hopper bus or a usual London bus U3. Stop is 1 minute walk from the hotel. Cost 2.40gbp cash or cheaper if using Oyster card. Transfer time by U3 is 6 minutes. U3 is not suitable for terminals 4 or 5.

Overall not a bad stay. Thank you all staff at HI Heathrow.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased you had a good nights sleep and that you found our rooms to be clean.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your room with a view of the runway and complimentary internet access. Thank you for being a valued Platinum member of our IHG Rewards Club.

The U3 bus service along Bath Road is free of charge for transfers to Terminals 1, 2 and 3 and the London-Heathrow underground station.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when next in Heathrow.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The first impression on arrival was not so great - the foyer was rather basic (grotty) and I had concerns about my choice of hotel. However these were unfounded. The Staff were great and could not have been more helpful - especially at reception.

The room (top floor facing the runway as I requested on check-in ) was clean, quiet modern and quiet, as the Holiday inn has clearly focussed on controlling the noise being so close to the airport. The meals, dinner and breakfast (good buffet) were pleasing and though I was there less than two weeks ago I cannot remember anything that was a problem for me.

When leaving I took a hotel arranged car to Terminal Three which cost 10 pounds. There is also a bus option which I believe is 4 pounds but does a series of pick-ups and multiple terminals.

This hotel was a relaxing lull before the storm of the always dreadful Heathrow Terminal Three. (Why doesn't organisation for running Heathrow actually travel on one of these planes and see what a good terminal looks like ? But that is another story)

I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a stopover close to Heathrow - particularly if arriving or departing from Terminal 3.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor overlooking the runways. The soundproofing is excellent and if you w...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for being a returning guest and for the kind comments about the team, our clean and quiet rooms and the restaurant meals. Always wonderful to receive delightful comments.

Thank you for recommending us and I know you will be back!

Sincerely
Greg Stuart and all of us at
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel has much to recommend it. Good staff, convenience and bargain price for Heathrow. It is only a £10 taxi ride from Terminal 3. It is amazingly quiet despite its proximity to the airport. It has a nice restaurant that was open until 10 p.m. with attentive staff, a la carte menu and a very adequate buffet. Our room was clean and comfortably sized for two people. The staff made check in and out very pleasant. The receptionist understood how to be helpful. I had misplaced my HIG membership card that would have given me free Wi-Fi Internet. My request for her to look up my number required referral to management. Shortly after arrival in our room, the receptionist called with my number and told me we were now properly registered for HIG benefits. We will certainly use this hotel when we have to overnight at Heathrow again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewfHalifax

It is always wonderful for receive recommendation and of course a 5 star review!

Thank you for recognising the efforts of our team members, in particular, in the restaurant, kitchen, rooms and reception. I have of course already passed on your compliments.

Thank you for being a member of our IHG Rewards Club.
We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely
Greg Stuart and the entire team
at the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Check in was very quick and despite booking the cheapest room available, they had upgaded my room to an Executive Room because of my IHG Platinum card. This room included a free minibar (water, dairy milk and jammy dodgers), ‘branded’ toiletries (which in reality were just toiletries that were not attached to the wall) and triple glazing. It is not close to anything else so if you want to eat or drink then the hotel is really your only choice. That said, I went down to the bar which was lively and the bar menu was limited but had the basics. There is a carvery restaurant in the hotel which looked quiet and I did not venture in to look closely.

The food in the bar was tasty - I had the pate and a side salad and it was nice. The wine choice was fine although I hated the glasses - very thick and therefore had a cheap feel to them!

I slept soundly and for an airport hotel is was pretty quiet - normally you get folks bumping along the walls all night but this was fine. It has the Hoppa bus to and from the airport - I still think that should be free like everywhere else in the world but there you go!

All in all a good stay and I would definitely come back again for a night before a trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed only one night on a London layover. My room was clean, affordable and I had a full view to watch the planes land at Heathrow. The staff was super helpful. They lent me a cord to charge my cell when my converter didnt work. When my taxi took off and I was running late to airport they quickly called the hotel driver! They were awesome!

Downside there are 3 Holiday Inn's at Heathrow. If you don't arrive knowing that, its a real pain to figure out which one is yours. Second downside, only 1 free hour of internet and otherwise very expensive. I probably paid 18 US for a day of internet. Breakfast adequate, but nothing special.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Lisa O,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the internet connection. We are also sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the confusion of the hotel's location, having it near the other Holiday Inn can really confuse our guests.The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 March 2014

i like this hotel. This is the second time I have stayed. It is easy to get to. No need to take the hoppa.. it is in the free zone and several buses run from the central bus station to right near it. The staff is always friendly. And, with an early AM arrival both times from the USA.. they have always accommodated an early check-in. Price is great especially if you do a pay in advance online. This time, I didn't even spend the night... just had 10 hours and rather spend it napping and showering than stuck in the terminal.

Room Tip: Even being close to the airport.. no problem with noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank worldtraveler303

Thank you for returning to us and thank you for a lovely note.

Wishing you many happy returns to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed for the night and liked this airport hotel. Check in was quick, efficient, friendly and came with an upgrade and recognition of status. The receptionist was charming and helpful.
Nice room adequately furnished for a short stay.
The bathroom was fine but the large shampoo and soap containers look cheap and nasty.
My one gripe remains ICHG woeful internet policy. It is supposed to be free but only the most basic service was free and frankly it was no service at all.
I do wish ICHG got this issue solved, it was all very giving everyone free access but it simply means everyone gets poor service.

So nice hotel, convenient for terminals 1-3 and good value.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the runway have a terrific view! And surprisingly little noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Binman62

Thank you for the wonderful comments following your recent stay with us, and feedback about the internet.

As an Elite member of our IHG Rewards Club I am delighted that you enjoyed the upgrade and great view of the runway. I do apologise for the internet restrictions - on the free service given to all our IHG Reward Club members, there is limited bandwidth that is supplied for basic services to access e-mails, boarding passes etc. All feedback is channelled to IHG for review.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
(Lovely sunset on your profile pic)

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4

Been to Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!