“Airport benches would have been better.”

Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Jacksonville, FL
“Airport benches would have been better.”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a 9 hour layover in London for our trip from Athens to Florida, so I used points to get a free room at this Holiday Inn. Staying often in Holiday Inn Express hotels in the USA, I have always been happy with this Franchise. But this hotel. Forgetaboutit. First it is about a half mile from the terminal, but a taxi wanted 35 euros to get there. We did find a free bus service that took us a round-about method of getting there. Then once just outside the hotel, it is almost hopeless to find the entrance. So you do, and my wife buys a bottle of water---which costs about 10 dollars US. The room was fine, but the next morning early, we find our receipt under the door, with a charge to my credit card of 132 euros ($182). This, when the room is free. Luckily I looked at it and immediately called down to get it corrected. So they did fix that problem, but the whole idea of $182 for that room is really ridiculous. We managed to get a taxi back to the terminal for 10 euros ($14) for that 0.5 miles. No free shuttle of course. Next time we sleep in the terminal.

Room Tip: How about a terminal bench, or better the clubs if any were open.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill A
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Bill A

I am really sorry that you were charged in error for your IHG Rewards redemption night. I have spoken to the Front Office Manager to ensure training is in place so that such mistakes are avoided in the future.

Taxi charges in London are variable depending on the taxi company and a trip from Terminal 5 to our hotel should cost approximately £15.00.

Thank you for your review and thank you for being a valued member of the IHG Rewards Club and supporting the brand.

Kind regards
Greg Stuart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Devon
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here prior to our Heathrow flight and left the car for 6 nights without graving too give up my keys. Underground parking under hotel so car secure. Room quiet with no plane noise considering proximity to airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for your positive review and thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow!

Look forward to your return and an opportunity to turn 4 stars into 5! What more can we do for you on your next visit?

We wish you a very happy Easter from all of us!

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow
for a Great Stay!
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Nice and close for Heathrow airport. I didnt hear any aircraft noise which surprised me and was a pleasant surprise. Rooms are fine and service was good. Sadly I did not have time for breakfast so can not comment on the food.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your lovely note!

Hope you get to enjoy our full English Breakfast with mouth watering American Pancakes (that is the usual effect it has on me...) on your next visit to Heathrow.

Look forward to your next trip and an opportunity to turn 4 stars into 5!

Happy Easter from
Greg Stuart and the team at
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow
Ripley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice, welcoming, pleasant hotel with 15 day parking included, it is very easy to find and access and there is a convenient shuttle bus to the airport £7 return. The room was very comfortable and nice and quiet. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Couldn't be more delighted that we ticked all the boxes for you!

Thank you for the lovely comments about the team. You're the reason we're here and we look forward to your return.

Thank you for your note.

Sincerely
and all of us at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow
wishing you a happy Easter!
gurgaon
Reviewed 15 April 2014

An excellent bargain considering we got the rooms @ 69 GBP per night .Was getting 4 star hotels in London during my visit at around 250 GBP.The property is decently well maintained with rooms quite large, modern & clean (at least all 3 rooms we had had no issue) . Room toiletries were however basic.

All our rooms on the third floor faced the runway, giving us an excellent view of the flight take offs & landing. The insulation of the windows is extremely good & you don't feel any noise in-spite of being so near to the airport. Breakfast is pleasing though not exceptional.

Getting to the central london was pretty easy from here. You can either take a hoppa bus @ 4 pound per person or a bus just near the hotel (which has no charge for drop to LHR) to reach terminal 3 & then take a train. Nice way to experience the local people & culture.

Overall a decent property.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher floors, facing the runway for a fascinating view of the aircrafts movement o...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your return when you will be visiting London again.

Sincerely
scotland
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Handy for heathrow terminals - the Hoppa buses stop outside, £4 single to and from the terminals. Meal in restaurant ok, if unremarkable, can't comment on breakfast as I had to leave for my flight early ( pet hate of mine - why does an airport hotel not start serving breakfast till 630? - if I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn I wouldn't be staying in an airport hotel in the first place, I've paid for breakfast so I'd quite like some please. - sort it! Even a help yourself coffee machine with a yoghurt or banana, you could manage that, surely).
Room was ok, but a couple of annoying niggles - main one being all my lights went off, must have tripped a fuse, but problem sorted swiftly and with a smile. Other niggle was the electrical sockets are in bizarre places and not user friendly - means you need to carry the ironing board to the other side of the room.
Great sleep though - very quiet.
All in all, ok, would stay again, but next time for a heathrow overnight I'd look at the alternatives first.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear nickya

Thank you for taking time to post a review.

I am sorry you didn't get to have breakfast. We do provide takeaway breakfast on request for guests with an early start. We take your comments on board and will look into the provision of providing a 'Grab and Go' option for guests leaving early. Thank you for the valued suggestion.

Some of the rooms do have sockets in the most illogical places and I agree this is somewhat inconvenient.

Please let us know when you will be visiting Heathrow again, and I hope you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Assuring you of our best intentions,
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I checked in evening and it was very quick, the reception staff was very helpful and polite I was tired but a nice and healthy conversation cheered me up. I stayed in Holidayinn last month and was just surprised as a bar man with a weird style of beard as I don't exactly remember his name but was probably something "owin or lowin" I am not sure but he was not able to understand me, either my accent was so tough or he may be a new guy. As I was asking him for a cocktail and he was showing me whiskey bottles, and one more thing I may be wrong but I found him a bit rude the way he speaks to other staff members anyhow that's not my problem. There was a another person probably was a supervisor or a manager who served me than and he made me a very nice drink and know the manners also. So please please please train your staff and I am very sorry if you feel that I am rude but I don't like to go where such kind of staffs. As of rooms, food in restaurant and reception was good I enjoyed it.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Kinson70

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my sincere apology for a disappointing experience at the bar. I have forwarded your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager for investigation and action. We value constructive feedback as it enables us to to improve the service we offer. We take great pride in the service we provide throughout our hotel and I really am sorry that this incident marred your otherwise enjoyable stay.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves, and show you that the team at the Holiday Inn Heathrow really do care.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!