“2nd Time just as Good!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“2nd Time just as Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Holiday Inn at Heathrow was our first choice for a pre flight/holiday stay as we had stayed there before a holiday in America.

The hotel's staff were incredibly helpful and on the ball. We had requested a disabled friendly room as I'm in a wheelchair and it was huge with a fully accessible giant bathroom and shower.

The room was clean, modern and warm. We ordered room service of; sandwiches, hot chocolates and snacks. All were fresh and delicious.

We'd requested a taxi for the following morning at 6am. We came to reception, had a quick check out and our driver was waiting for us.

A lovely hotel, would probably use it every time we go to Heathrow now and highly recommend it especially for disabled customers.

Room Tip: If you have any mobility problems request their huge disabled friendly rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you so very much for a delightful posting on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed both stays with us. I have already forwarded your comments to the team and we look forward to your return.

Thank you for recommending us.

and all of us at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow
looking forward to your 3rd stay and many more to follow...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel on a weekly basis with work. The front desk staff are fantastic and friendly. The only let down is the restaurant service. Tonight I walked up to the entrance to be seated. There was a guy stood there but he completely ignited me until he had finished his paperwork. Not even a hello and ask me to wait. Staff always very slow and not very tentative. Had to wait 20 min for my bill this evening after asking for it and a few times I have had to prompt the waiting staff to take my food and drink order after bring left for 20 min after being seated. I will say this only happens in the evening. Never had an issue at breakfast. Rooms always spotless. My curtains fell down once and they moved me in no time.

Dear Chris C

It is indeed a shame that our restaurnat service let you down. Please accept my sincere apology. I have spoken to our Food and Beverage Manager to express my disappointment . Please be assured that corrective action will be taken and I trust you will see a great improvement on your return.

Thank you for the encouraging comments about the Breakfast and Reception team and our Housekeeping department.

Hope to have the pleasure of meeting you. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your constructive feedback.

Yours sincerely
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

After 30hrs in transit I arrived at the holiday Inn at 7am. Check in wasn't till 2nd but they found me a room straight away. Just what I needed. Free limited Wi Fi was also great to check email. Also quiet despite jets taking off across the road.

1 Thank BrentisNZ
I'm glad you had a restful stay and thank you for appreciating the early check-in. I know what's it's like after hours of travelling.

Thank you for your note. The team and I look forward to your return to Heathrow.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Flight with late evening arrival made this a good choice for overnight stay. Inexpensive shuttle bus "Hotel Hoppa" from Terminal 1 so no need for taxi ride. Pleasantly surprised by quiet room considering location. Front desk staff was very helpful the next morning with tips on best public transit route from airport to King's Cross Station.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MOB8312
Thank you for your review, and especially the lovely comment about the front desk team. Hope you and your family had a great stay in the UK and we look forward to your return.

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow
Great Airport Hotel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

It would seem I will be staying here often as I go about on my travels. A decent size, comfortable room with a good bathroom. Tasty breakfast although a little overpriced. Most importantly it is just a stone's throw away from Terminal 5.
As a side note I would like to say how helpful the staff are. I had a problem with my booking which could have cost me, but the hotel team sorted out the issue with no worries and saved me a lot of hassle. Thank you very much.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for a lovely review and delighted to know that the staff were able to help with your booking. I have also passed on your compliments to the chef. Breakfast can be prepaid at a discounted price the night before. Not sure if this was offered to you at check-in.

Thank you for staying with us and I know you'll be back.

and all of us at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow
Jacksonville, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a 9 hour layover in London for our trip from Athens to Florida, so I used points to get a free room at this Holiday Inn. Staying often in Holiday Inn Express hotels in the USA, I have always been happy with this Franchise. But this hotel. Forgetaboutit. First it is about a half mile from the terminal, but a taxi wanted 35 euros to get there. We did find a free bus service that took us a round-about method of getting there. Then once just outside the hotel, it is almost hopeless to find the entrance. So you do, and my wife buys a bottle of water---which costs about 10 dollars US. The room was fine, but the next morning early, we find our receipt under the door, with a charge to my credit card of 132 euros ($182). This, when the room is free. Luckily I looked at it and immediately called down to get it corrected. So they did fix that problem, but the whole idea of $182 for that room is really ridiculous. We managed to get a taxi back to the terminal for 10 euros ($14) for that 0.5 miles. No free shuttle of course. Next time we sleep in the terminal.

Room Tip: How about a terminal bench, or better the clubs if any were open.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bill A
Dear Bill A

I am really sorry that you were charged in error for your IHG Rewards redemption night. I have spoken to the Front Office Manager to ensure training is in place so that such mistakes are avoided in the future.

Taxi charges in London are variable depending on the taxi company and a trip from Terminal 5 to our hotel should cost approximately £15.00.

Thank you for your review and thank you for being a valued member of the IHG Rewards Club and supporting the brand.

Kind regards

Travellers are raving about these West Drayton hotels

Devon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here prior to our Heathrow flight and left the car for 6 nights without graving too give up my keys. Underground parking under hotel so car secure. Room quiet with no plane noise considering proximity to airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for your positive review and thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow!

Look forward to your return and an opportunity to turn 4 stars into 5! What more can we do for you on your next visit?

We wish you a very happy Easter from all of us!

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!