Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

After my flight from Manila was delayed for 5 hours I ended up missing my follow-on flight to Belfast and there were no more flights to anywhere in Ireland that evening. I had to get a flight the next morning and needed somewhere to stay for the night and just wanted the cheapest possible place so went to Holiday Inn. I had stayed at a Premier Inn before and had a horrible experience so wasn't expecting a lot but I actually had a really pleasant stay.
Before I had even arrived the hopper bus driver had taken pity on me because I was such a basketcase and given me a free journey! When I arrived the reception staff were really really lovely! They charged my phone for me as it had run out of battery and I could not retrieve my booking details and gave me a complimentary drink and creme egg (it was Easter Sunday) and allowed me to settle myself down before working out my room for the night. My room cost £55 which I thought was a good price and before I left reception they gave me ANOTHER creme egg and a complimentary drink token.
When I got to the room it was clean and was a good size. The first thing I did was run a bath as I was so exhausted. The bath gel they provided was satisfactory and there was ample hot water, I ended up being so relaxed I fell asleep in the tub! I woke up at about 1 in the morning and went downstairs to see if the bar was open to use my drink token and they got me an orange juice even though the bar had closed by then. As my phone had run out of battery they offered to charge it overnight at reception for me again which was really handy.
In the morning I checked out easily and got a taxi to the airport which cost £10. I felt that the cost of the taxi was a bit steep but I didn't mind for the convenience.
Overall I had a surprisingly pleasant stay and would happily recommend the Holiday Inn to anybody needing a place to stay for the night near Heathrow!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Louise E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and found it to be ideal.. Rooms pleasant, and the restaurant quite good value although the breakfast was excellent. Staff in the evening need to up their game a bit.
The biggest let down for us this time was the taxi or rather private hired car that took us to terminal 5. We had purposely asked for a taxi (as they have a meter) at reception, but got a hired car instead which was £17.... too high. Yes there are shuttle buses but with the amount of luggage we had (3 suitcases) we opted for a taxi.

Room Tip: The higher the better... good view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed overnight and found this hotel to be very comfortable and quite.
Room was good with plenty of room and no airport noise was experienced.
Eat in the hotels main restaurant in the evening and opted for the buffet option which was good, not a great deal on offer, but what I eat was really good with option to visit as often as you liked.
Breakfast was also very well received and a nice selection was on offer.
Check in and out was handled very efficiently, and all staff were found to be very pleasant at all times.
Hotel is well linked by frequent airport buses to all the terminals.
Would use again.

Room Tip: Hotel well connected by bus to all terminals
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for wonderful review and delighted that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the evening buffet and likewise breakfast. In order to create variety to our menus we have put on weekeday specials, and provide a themed buffet every Wednesday.

Thank you also for the lovely comments on the staff you encountered during your stay.

I know you'll be back and look forward to your return!

and the entire team at
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow
Oxford
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've stayed a number of times now, either for an early morning flight, or arriving back and delaying the drive home

The welcome is good and rooms are consistently good

Only gripe is car parking, which at £12/24 hours seems high

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank andrew.gill
Dear andrew.gill

Another good review!

Thank you for returning to us on each occasion ... and we look forward to many happy returns to the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Holiday Inn at Heathrow was our first choice for a pre flight/holiday stay as we had stayed there before a holiday in America.

The hotel's staff were incredibly helpful and on the ball. We had requested a disabled friendly room as I'm in a wheelchair and it was huge with a fully accessible giant bathroom and shower.

The room was clean, modern and warm. We ordered room service of; sandwiches, hot chocolates and snacks. All were fresh and delicious.

We'd requested a taxi for the following morning at 6am. We came to reception, had a quick check out and our driver was waiting for us.

A lovely hotel, would probably use it every time we go to Heathrow now and highly recommend it especially for disabled customers.

Room Tip: If you have any mobility problems request their huge disabled friendly rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you so very much for a delightful posting on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed both stays with us. I have already forwarded your comments to the team and we look forward to your return.

Thank you for recommending us.

and all of us at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow
looking forward to your 3rd stay and many more to follow...
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel on a weekly basis with work. The front desk staff are fantastic and friendly. The only let down is the restaurant service. Tonight I walked up to the entrance to be seated. There was a guy stood there but he completely ignited me until he had finished his paperwork. Not even a hello and ask me to wait. Staff always very slow and not very tentative. Had to wait 20 min for my bill this evening after asking for it and a few times I have had to prompt the waiting staff to take my food and drink order after bring left for 20 min after being seated. I will say this only happens in the evening. Never had an issue at breakfast. Rooms always spotless. My curtains fell down once and they moved me in no time.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Chris C

It is indeed a shame that our restaurnat service let you down. Please accept my sincere apology. I have spoken to our Food and Beverage Manager to express my disappointment . Please be assured that corrective action will be taken and I trust you will see a great improvement on your return.

Thank you for the encouraging comments about the Breakfast and Reception team and our Housekeeping department.

Hope to have the pleasure of meeting you. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your constructive feedback.

Yours sincerely
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

After 30hrs in transit I arrived at the holiday Inn at 7am. Check in wasn't till 2nd but they found me a room straight away. Just what I needed. Free limited Wi Fi was also great to check email. Also quiet despite jets taking off across the road.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BrentisNZ
I'm glad you had a restful stay and thank you for appreciating the early check-in. I know what's it's like after hours of travelling.

Thank you for your note. The team and I look forward to your return to Heathrow.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!