After my flight from Manila was delayed for 5 hours I ended up missing my follow-on flight to Belfast and there were no more flights to anywhere in Ireland that evening. I had to get a flight the next morning and needed somewhere to stay for the night and just wanted the cheapest possible place so went to Holiday Inn. I had stayed at a Premier Inn before and had a horrible experience so wasn't expecting a lot but I actually had a really pleasant stay.
Before I had even arrived the hopper bus driver had taken pity on me because I was such a basketcase and given me a free journey! When I arrived the reception staff were really really lovely! They charged my phone for me as it had run out of battery and I could not retrieve my booking details and gave me a complimentary drink and creme egg (it was Easter Sunday) and allowed me to settle myself down before working out my room for the night. My room cost £55 which I thought was a good price and before I left reception they gave me ANOTHER creme egg and a complimentary drink token.
When I got to the room it was clean and was a good size. The first thing I did was run a bath as I was so exhausted. The bath gel they provided was satisfactory and there was ample hot water, I ended up being so relaxed I fell asleep in the tub! I woke up at about 1 in the morning and went downstairs to see if the bar was open to use my drink token and they got me an orange juice even though the bar had closed by then. As my phone had run out of battery they offered to charge it overnight at reception for me again which was really handy.
In the morning I checked out easily and got a taxi to the airport which cost £10. I felt that the cost of the taxi was a bit steep but I didn't mind for the convenience.
Overall I had a surprisingly pleasant stay and would happily recommend the Holiday Inn to anybody needing a place to stay for the night near Heathrow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport for all the convenience of the airport with excellent transport links to central London. We are just 5 minutes from Heathrow Airport by Hoppa bus or taxi so staying with us is a great way to relax in a fresh and modern hotel. With our triple-glazed windows, flat screen TVs, air conditioning and free Wi-Fi in every non smoking guest room, we aim to make your stay as productive and refreshing as you require. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
- Holiday Inn West Drayton
- Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport West Drayton, Greater London