Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow
  • Room Service
US$91
US$105
  • Restaurant
Novotel London Heathrow(West Drayton)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$118
US$80
US$87
PremierInn.com
Harmondsworth Hall(West Drayton)
US$114
All reviewsdaily newspaperpub next doorwest drayton stationadditional parkingcooked breakfastgreat showersecure parkingensuite bathroomwet roomcomplimentary toiletriesminute drivefull english breakfasta lovely staythe ground floorclose to the airportconvenient locationindian restaurant
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed here with the 5 of us, they do two rooms joined, but my husband is disabled so booked the disabled room and a twin with an extra bed. The disabled room had a great bathroom - exactly what he needed. The rooms are not massive, but big enough for your luggage and comfortable - the kids were happy lounging around and playing games in them. They were clean, and the beds comfortable and showers hot and strong. The breakfasts were delicious and Patricia and her family were lovely and accommodating, helping us whenever they could! Parking was out the pack in a locked area and we found a space easily.

The pub next door is a bit dodgy, but did fantastic Thai food - we ate in one night, and then because it was so good got takeaways the next which we ate at Oakwood. Price is reasonable, and it cost us 11.50 pounds to get to Heathrow for the 5 of us the next day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kiwimoz
HeathrowOakwood, Owner at Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Hi Kiwimoz
Thanks for your review and for staying with us, it was great to have you and your family. We’re glad the extra bed worked out - which we do charge for. Great you liked the breakfasts and showers, and enjoyed the Thai food next door, and yes our local taxi firm does great value prices to the airport. We hope to have stay with us again next time!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed here on business, selection of place to stay mainly driven by price, but I definitely I feel like I fell on my feet by staying at Oakwood. I had seen the reviews (a bit mixed) so I was prepared for a bit of a disappointment, but I needn't have worried.

I was impressed from the start with Patricia (hostess) and her staff - they were friendly, polite, helpful and (this is not guaranteed everywhere) literate! They helped me with the parking and showed me to my room. I stayed in one of the "budget basic" rooms (described as such on the B&B's website) and found it had been honestly described, but was everything I needed. Yes, the decor is a bit tired, and the room small-ish, but I knew this before arriving. I was happy to find a room that was bright, comfortable, had a working TV, fast free wifi, and had clearly been properly cleaned.

There are plenty of helpful notices around the B&B about the transport links and local places to eat. Close to the B&B is a pub, Chinese, Indian and a couple of corner shops which are open late. I went to the pub next door which was OK (and the Thai food looked excellent) but unfortunately I was forced out by the insanely loud Christmas music being played. In the end I opted for the Wing Luck Chinese a few doors down, which was really not bad at all, and very reasonably priced.

Location of this B&B is ridiculously good for the money. Only 5 minutes drive from the M4 (10 in traffic) and close to Heathrow too, though not on the flight path so it's quiet.

Breakfast was ample and tasted great, with proper coffee and proper sausages/bacon. If you look at my other reviews you'll find one of a London B&B which I stayed in a while ago for about the same money and was completely disappointed; the Oakwood B&B was the opposite in every way. You probably wouldn't stay here on honeymoon, but for the business traveller this place is an absolute gem. I'm sure I will stay here again on future trips and I highly recommend it to you too. A friendly service, parking, wifi, good rooms and a great breakfast, all for much less than you'd spend at a Travelodge. Bargain!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mantovani_Stankovich

Hi Mantovani_Stankovich,

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you found the location near Heathrow useful and enjoyed the free English Breakfast and WiFi included. The Thai food next door is indeed excellent! Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed here with my wife prior to flying from Heathrow(13th Nov 2013). My wife uses a mobility scooter and we booked the disabled room. Very clean and tidy and the bathroom was spot on. Breakfast in the morning was good too. Very nice staff. Plenty of eating places in the local area. Pub next door was a bit run down and didn't do food but the beer was good. Slight negative was parking which was a bit tight, but we managed. Will definately stay here again .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
HeathrowOakwood, Owner at Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Hi Clive,

thanks so much for your review. Since you stayed with us, the pub next door has re-instated their excellent Thai chef who left for a while, so the great quality Thai food is now back on at the pub!
We're glad you enjoyed the breakfast - the local butcher dry cures our bacon and makes prize-winning sausages, literally!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Website one of the few to give good info on access & links to Heathrow by public transport - both of which were easy and excellent. Welcoming and helpful hosts. My small single room was perfectly adequate - clean, comfortable & with tea-making facilities. Quiet despite being on main road. Tandoori a few doors away was very good. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Hi Mariposa026,

thanks for your review. We're so glad you found the public transport to Heathrow useful. We have direct buses to us from the Terminals, and a train into London five minutes' walk away. Great to hear you enjoyed the Palace Tandoori, it's less than a minutes' walk away and does a really great quality Indian meal.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Oakwood was perfect for my purpose of staying in the area. It's not a Marriott or Hyatt but is small and friendly, with a delicious full English breakfast cooked to order every morning. I did not have a car, so the local restaurants and public trains and buses were very convenient. Overall good value for being so close to Heathrow. Public bus takes 15/20 minutes to/from Airport. Hosts were courteous and friendly and could not have been more helpful. I will definitely stay here my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: My room was comfortable and pleasant. Some of the rooms have older decor, but cost less and are detailed in the photos on the website.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo