“Serves it's purpose perfectly.”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The main thing I want from a stop over hotel is a clean room and comfy night's sleep. Check in was simple and efficient. The room was very quiet, which is a must. We had booked a bedroom to accommodate myself, wife and son. The room had a double bed and the sofa bed was already made. There was a good flat screen TV with plenty of channels. Tea/coffee facility in room was rather poor. It looked set up for 1 guest as there was only 1 of each choice (1 sachet of decaf, 1 sachet of regular etc) and more importantly 1 cup. We called reception for another 2 cups and after waiting over half an hour called them again. They said that they had been but there was a "do not disturb" sign on the door. Our fault, I didn't realise my wife had put it on. It was still a long time before somebody came to bring more bedding???? I explained again that all we wanted (almost an hour ago) was 2 more cups. At this point we just wanted to get to sleep, but the cups eventually arrived. Unfortunately we all fancied tea, but there wasn't enough.
I don't know about facilities or if wifi costs, but I would happily stay again. I haven't deducted a mark for the cup incident, I just couldn't give it 5 as it is further than most hotels (maybe an advantage for aircraft noise) and there just wasn't anything that made me think "wow" I love this hotel.

Room Tip: Buy your hotel hopper bus ticket from machine in the foyer, it's slightly cheaper than bus drive...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,161)

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed here for a stopover through Heathrow, and I must say, we were pleasantly surprised. We had booked a breakfast included rate @57 pounds, King bed, non-smoking - couldn't be beat at that price for location. The hotel is only a short 10 minute cab ride at a cost of 13 pounds. The other option was to line up to board the Hoppa Bus which travels between all 5 terminals for 4 pounds per person, no interest in that after an 8 hour flight. The lobby is clean and modern, with a 24 hour lounge and bar menu, an oriental restaurant, and the main Buffett restaurant. We had breakfast at the Buffett, and it was very good, with a lot of wait staff on, so I never had to ask for my plate to be taken away or for another cup of coffee. Lots of choices of hot and cold foods, something for everyone. The room was clean and in good shape, no broken or damaged furniture could be seen. Very comfortable bed, flat screen tv, tea service, and mini bar. The room was very quite, and you wouldn't have known you were so close to the airport. An overall enjoyable stay, price and location A1.

Room Tip: Book directly on the holiday inn website - tons of deals/options
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hobie_17
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Check in was a little slow but they had a big group of young South American girls just arrive. It was nice to see that all counter staff chipped in and worked the line. Internet pricing is disgustingly high and should be illegal to charge these sort of rates for a captive audience. I did choose not to use it as my International Data plan provided a cheaper alternative. Ate in the Asian self service restaurant and the curry was outstanding. Service was fine too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The lobby was covered in white plastic, the decorations were grim, and the hallway smelled of stale cigarettes and industrial cleaners. Sadly, those were the best parts of this hotel. The room, and surrounding areas, were worn from what appeared to be a decent amount of abuse, and despite the small size of the room, it contained an amazing amount of flora and fauna. Really a rather diverse biosphere.

The vents had a lovely white fungus, the shower contained both dark-brown and reddish-orange molds, and the door hinges contained a dark-black fuzzy growth. And then there was the fridge which contained several splotches I couldn't identify, and a different form of black mold. A veritable cornucopia of color and life. And, yet, there was still the fauna.

While not near as diverse as the flora, the room did contain both live and dead silverfish. Amazingly, all of the above was present after I complained to the hotel and they said they would provide the room with a deep cleaning. I can't say I know the exact definition of 'deep cleaning', but I'm sure that our room didn't qualify.

And the transportation to and from the hotel was certainly anything but convenient.

Room Tip: Ask to be moved to another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tylerpitchford
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Brenda J.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

As an airport hotel it obviously lacks atmosphere but the service throughout is poor and unsmiling and the hotel seems undermanned in all departments. The front desk are particularly rude and inattentive and you are left with the feeling that as it will always be busy they really do not care to provide any customer service or support and it compares poorly to its namesake the Ariel locally and I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank timbanks150
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our Front Desk service. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you.

I understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future.

Again, thank you for all your valuable comments which help us identify areas of improvement.

Brenda Johnson

Reviewed 5 September 2011

The room was fine apart from the air conditioner blowing straight onto the bed so it was very uncomfortable and difficult to sleep for the one laying that side. The actual hotel was pretty average and the staff at reception (as in most hotels) let the place down a bit by a couldn't care less attitude when I said how expensive the parking was. My major complaint was the restaurant - at dinner I chose a chicken pasta dish but when it came I had a bowl full of pasta, a bit of squashed tomato on top and 2-3 small pieces of chicken. It was tasteless in the extreme and I couldn't eat it. At the prices charged it should have been magnificent. At breakfast on Sunday morning I was greeted with "you should be eating upstairs" (I had an executive room and a complimentary breakfast is included in the price MONDAY TO FRIDAY, in the executive lounge which was closed Saturday and Sunday mornings, and I felt very uncomfortable at being spoken to that way in front of everyone else - as if I had committed a heinous crime by daring to show my face in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask where the a/c unit is positioned! Don't eat there.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RainbowThanet
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you encountered our staff, this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer.

We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will address this with the staff in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

I would like to thank you for your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Brenda Johnson

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Decent rooms, clean, warm and quiet. Service from staff was excellent. Frequent bus to airport. Food overpriced and only average.

• Stayed: August 2011
1 mi away
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!