“Very nice place to stay when getting off an international flight at LHR”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very nice place to stay when getting off an international flight at LHR”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Whenever I fly from the US to LHR I often stay at this hotel for the evening to get onto the timezone. Hotel is always nice, staff has always been outstanding and the rooms are quiet and have good blackout curtains. Usually in the evenings I will eat downstairs at the pub or the restaurant, and then the next morning I take the "Hotel Hopper" bus back to LHR and either continue my journeys on wards into Europe or take the Heathrow Express into the city. My last trip was outstanding and even though it was 10:45am at the hotel, the young lady booked me into a room and said,"Good night" without charging me for the fact I was almost 5 hours ahead of check in time. Checkout was a breeze and I caught the Hotel Hopper back to LHR.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TCPDump

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

2nd time to this HI. Quite a lot of work done to the outside since last time I was here. Looks great when you first walk in. Check in was good, priority club check inn worked well. Reception very efficient. Room was on the first floor and was spacious. Standard HI layout with a bed/sofa in the room. Cleanliness was good in the room and bathroom which is always good.
Ate in the restaurant which was good, a nice steak which was a properly cooked medium which seems to be hard to find in England from my experience. Usual bug bear about the automatic "discretionary" service charge of 10%. If it is truly discretionary then why not ask the customer if they want it adding? Just ask the staff to remove it anyway or just do it at check out, don't be shy! It's a rip off and it's your money! Ok rant over. This place is great. Callaghans bar with lots of TVs for us football fans, lobby bar for a bit quieter. Asian/Chinese restaurant as well. More than enough for any travellers.
Slept well on the night and no real noise considering its an airport hotel with lots of coming and going.
Breakfast was very good, better than average and more staff than I think I've ever seen in a HI breakfast. It was busy but still nice to see.
Check out was quick, and painless.

Would deffinately stay here again. Not sure if they do a shuttle to the airport but sure they will. Work or pleasure, just a really nice place.

Stayed May 2012
Karsiyaka, Cyprus
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Booked this as a Top Secret hotel deal so the price was good
Not sure what was supposed to be refurbished, the entrance lobby looked nice, and the rooms were ok but didnt look newly refurbished to me
first room smelt smokey so rang down and without missing a beat i was offered a different room and a porter with the key.
moved rooms and the second room was much nicer, bigger and probably more recently decorated
travelling on my own i usually use room service but didnt find anything that i fancied so went to look at all the eating options which are greatly advertised.
The lobby bar offered room service menu with a few more options but not a great place to actually sit and eat. The main restaurant is a carvery, as this was a sunday evening the pub style and chinese were closed. So ate in the carvery which was excellent quality and price but not a lot of other options which was disappointing.
The hotel is a fair way away from heathrow airport through the illage of Sipon and a 12 pound taxi trip from my car hire drop off, so adding this together with the taxi fare again 12 pounds to the terminal next morning this did not offer value for money as there are other good quality hotels far closer. I could have used the hopper buses but it would have taken a long time on the bus being so far out and having to go via all the other hotels before the airport.
The staff were all very good, food was excellent but choice extremely limited, very clean but not really refurbished as advertised. Probably wouldn't be my first option to stay again though

Room Tip: i started on level 3 and was moved to level 6 for a much better room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Susan B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Susan B,

Thank you for your recent stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were not fully satisfied with the options available in our restaurant. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed here 2 nights on business. Heard some absolute horror stories about this hotel from colleagues, so my expectations were already low.

The good points: public areas are clean and well maintained, the bar is ok (quite large & they show football). Staff are friendly and helpful but waiters don't always seem to understand what you're asking for. Parking is plentiful and reasonably secure. Breakfast had a great range and the chefs were cheerful, but the 'soya milk available' sign was only true on day 1. Rooms are quiet considering the M4 and M25 are so close.

The bad: The room. I asked for a quiet room and was inexplicably put in a disabled room with 2 single beds and a gigantic bathroom. The smell of stagnant water coming from the bathroom was revolting and permeated everything in the room; this was exacerbated by the fact that the plug in the bath was completely unnecessary as the water from the shower did not drain, leaving me standing in 6 inches of water. Added to this, the sink hole gurgled constantly whenever someone in a neighbouring room used a tap. Cleaners seemed to be aware of the smell, as their solution was to leave the bathroom door open so it could fill the entire room. The air con did nothing other than make noise. The TV remote worked infrequently and the decor is circa 1975. There was nothing to indicate whether the water bottles in the room are complementary or not. The hand soap was so drying I had to moisturise after every hand wash. The wardrobe was half the height as normal, with no door. There was no safe in the room. The room is very dark even with all the lights on. Excessively long panic alarm cords hung loosely everywhere, to the point that I worried it might strangle me as I slept or trip me in the night. I get that the room is for disabled people but I don't understand the logic of making 'safety devices' dangerously long; disabled people have children, I dread to think what could happen if a toddler started playing with these cords.

Getting to this hotel is an absolute joke, I abandoned attempts after 45 minutes and had to get a colleague to show me (it is not, as the website says, on the M4). Almost all my colleagues had the same issue, phoning each other in distress after failing to find the slip road for the place. There are zero road signs and satavs simply cannot find it.

The gym looked large and surprisingly well-equipped, considering the website lists it as a 'mini-gym' with a whole 2 machines, I actually checked before I went and it looked so poorly equipped I didn't bother to bring my workout gear, so I was annoyed to find a decent (albiet chargeable) gym on site. If they made this clearer people might actually use it. Parking was meant to be included on my room but no-one validated my ticket and I had to go back.

I hope I don't need to stay here again. Nice staff can't make up for a room like that, sadly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Kitty548,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
California
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel one night before leaving London for SFO. It is a very nice hotel with good pub and breakfest. Room was clean and quiet. Service was excellent. My kids (4 and 12 yrs old) also love this hotel. Will book it next time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Petrolia, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2012

After arriving at Heathrow Airport we searched online for a cost effective hotel and came up with the Holiday Inn Junction 4 on the M4. Well you know the old saying "No surprises at a Holiday Inn" so we booked a night, got on the shuttle and went to the hotel. From the moment we stepped into the hotel we knew this was no run of the mill Holiday Inn. Firstly the staff were all cheerful and friendly and service was prompt and efficient without exception. It was so good we stayed another two nights and used it as our base to do some sightseeing and shopping in central London.

Room Tip: After getting off the elevator it can be a bit confusing as you have four corridors to choose from...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sue H
Kingswinford,England
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Park and fly Secret Hotel deal, 1 car 16 nights, 4 people (2 double rooms) total £168. Did this hotel meet our expectations? Yes it certainly did. Would most definately use for this purpose again. We ate at the great little pub down the road - best pie ever. Breakfast at Wetherspoons airside T4. Got return ticket for Shuttle £8 ea. Good start to our holiday.

Room Tip: I always ask for upper floor room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Novotel London Heathrow
#4 of 12 in West Drayton
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!