I was booked in here as part of a new year's theatre break/tour package. If i had used the hotel just for airport transfer it would have been OK- comfortable room and bed (though with noisy plumbing, thin walls and a broken bedroom light bulb). Typical corporate, somewhat soulless big hotel- you pay for extras including internet and gym and if you so much as move an item from the minibar you will be charged. Bar prices were very high but that's normal unfortunately. Check in was mess- in our group none of the key cards worked though that was soon fixed.But these are minor gripes. My biggest complaint concerns the food. Our first morning breakfast featured lukewarm and overcooked bacon, greasy eggs and tasteless coffee in paper cups. Despite attempts to stagger start times for the numerous tour groups the queue for buffet-type food was liike a rugby scrum- or even Heathrow airport when there are flight delays.
Worse was to follow- we had booked into a new year's eve dinner. This was also buffet style. Here the staff just couldn't cope with the numbers- most tour groups appeared to have the same 7.30 start time. Starters were OK- reasonable seafood. But then we noticed a lengthening queue for main courses. We thought we would enjoy a glass of wine and let the queue settle down- but it didn't and one gentleman took 50 minutes from start of queue to getting to the serving hatch. So 1 hour passed and we eventually got to the main courses. What an unedifying spectacle! Overcooked and dry looking turkey (had it been left there since christmas?), paella with a strange rubbery texture and congealed beef strogonoff. I took a vegetable curry (I'm not vegetarian!)- this did contain spices but was also dried out, clearly the food had been left under hot lights for a very long time. By this stage, tempers were frayed and order in the queue became an issue.
I did draw attention of staff to the long delays and was told by the manager that he had been advised to have the same start time for all tour groups- surely he could have over-ridden this? The cramped buffet layout contributed to the problem. Absurdly, one serving person stated that the long delays were due to 'elderly ladies dithering over their food choices'! Dishes were not labelled and there was no menu.
We were offered a complimentary bottle of wine as some sort of compensation but this had the same cheap and nasty quality as the food. Poor ingredients, overcooked food, unacceptable service and lack of organisation spoilt our evening- certainly not a 'celebration dinner' and certainly not up to the standards that we expect from Holiday Inns that we have stayed in both in UK and around the world.
We won't be returning to this hotel for sure and I would have to think hard about using Holiday Inn again. It's worth noting that staff were working hard under difficult conditions and I had no particular problem with any individual hotel employee; my issues need to be directed towards more senior management who should take a good hard look at how they run this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary and convenient, the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 Hotel is just off the M4 motorway at Junction 4, minutes from Heathrow Airport, Terminal 5 and close to Stockley Business Park and Bedfont Lakes. Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 is an ideal base to explore Central London, Legoland Windsor, Wembley and Twickenham. Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4 Jct. 4 offers Park, Stay & Go packages including one night's accommodation and car parking for up to 15 days. All bedrooms are spacious and equipped with air conditioning and high speed internet and wireless access throughout public areas. Our airport hotel is an ideal location for your meetings and conferences at Heathrow. 14 state of the art Academy meeting rooms are self-contained with dedicated and professional support. HSIA and WIFI available with unlimited Starbucks coffee. Workout & unwind in our complimentary Spirit Gym or indulge at one of the best Chinese and Thai restaurants at Heathrow Airport. Try our traditional Irish Pub or our lounge where refreshments are available 24 hours a day. The airport shuttle is £4.50 p/p each way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London-Heathrow m4, Jct 4 Hotel West Drayton
- Holiday Inn West Drayton
- West Drayton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4 West Drayton, Greater London