“How Can this be a Four Star Hotel?”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
London, United Kingdom
“How Can this be a Four Star Hotel?”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I'm staying at this hotel for one night only and thank my lucky stars for that. So far:

- The internet costs £16 for 24 hours. Absolutely ludicrous when most four star hotels include it as free or even somewhere like Premier Inn only charges £3 for 24 hours access.

- The room is SO noisy. Since checking in I have heard a constant stream of thuds, bangs, drilling noises and people's voices.

- The TV/entertainment system doesn't work.

- The hotel generally is extremely worn and dirty.

- I needed to get some laundry done. They can't do it in time so I found the 'laundry room' which looks derelict and doesn't contain a working dryer so impossible to get clothes washed and dried in time.

- Very standard meals like burgers or fish and chips run for £14 just for the main course, without drinks, etc.

- Minibar is completely empty.

- Staff are generally curt and unhelpful.

Do not stay here. The Premier Inn Heathrow was cheaper and far better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time and the trouble to post a review of our hotel.

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and please accept my sincere apologies.

At the present time all IHG Elite Reward members are offered internet complimentary and as from July 1st, 2014 all our IHG reward members will have complimentary internet use.

I would really appreciate it if you could contact me so that I may obtain further feedback so I can ensure the necessary remedial action is taken.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Yours sincerely

Fiona Mackenzie Andrew
Guest Relations
Email: Fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Polish first
Savusavu
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is an all round winner for my family. Breakfast is great, gym is excellent, well equipped and serviced regularly. Getting the hotel hopper to the hotel, checking in, is fairly fast. I would suggest up grading to their Superior rooms as these have been re-furbished. The regular rooms are pretty shabby and need re-doing badly.
I would suggest that the hotel have a games room for children as its quite a large hotel and I know my kids would certainly enjoy that.
I return every year and will return next as well!

Room Tip: Superior Rooms are much better
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Milton Ernest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Don't go by the outside looks, inside it appears fresh and new. Great service from the hotel, friendly and attentive at the front desk and bar/restaurant. Quiet even though it's next to the M4 and Heathrow airport, you don't hear anything.

Room Tip: Join the rewards scheme and get upgraded.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hebburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel at the weekend booked via British Airways holidays. I am a wheelchair user and was allocated an accessible room with no problems. We were both surprised at the size of our room, it was massive with a bedroom and a separate room the same size as the bedroom with a sofa bed and comfy chair and a flat screen TV in both the living room and bedroom. The bathroom was very large, but for an accessible room had a bath with a shower over normally a wet room,but was OK as I had my partner to help me, I would not be able to manage if I was travelling alone. The bed in our room was great very comfortable and probably the best we have had in a hotel.The room was very clean and the room was stocked daily with bottled water,shower gel etc and the hospitality tray stocked daily. However, there was a strange smell in the corridor outside of our room, but corridor was clean so think it may have been the air conditioning. The staff in the restaurant were very quick and efficient and very friendly as were the reception staff and concierge. We ate in the bar area on the Friday evening as the restaurant was closed due to a private function. However, our meal was excellent and the waiter who served us was fantastic and the service good and very efficient. I had my doubts about staying close to the airport as our primary reason for visiting was to go to a west end London show and thought we may be too far out but I am really pleased we stayed at this hotel. I would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
southwest
Reviewed 14 January 2014

A basic room but all we needed to do was eat and sleep as we had an early check in time at Hearthrow.
The food and prices in their restaurant were excellent and the location from Heathrow was good too with only a short drive to our terminal,so we would use this hotel again.Also all the rooms are sound proofed being so close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after our flight home from LAX just what the doctor ordered had a brilliant nights sleep room was spacious and excellently clean would stay here again if needed. I could not fault anything with the room or Hotel

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I visited this hotel to meet a friend. A school mate. After 25 years...!! The lobby, bar and facilities were very very good. The room, the one my pal stayed in, was looked a little run down. The bed was way too comfy. Should be a good sleep over before a long flight. The noise was minimum. And not too far from the airport. There are 3 holiday inns in this area. You will get dropped off to wrong one, if you are not careful. These buildings are not walking distance either and a cab operator used by the hotel will charge minimum £10 for any journey. Pretty steep for a 2 mile ride. The bar at the hotel was super expensive but thats Holiday Inn. There is a good pub, The Plough, nearby. And 2 indian restaurants at 10 mins walking distance. Walk....!! Don't use a taxi...!! I will prefer to stay in this hotel if I have a long flight the next day.

Room Tip: Book in advance to get a value rate..!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
#5 of 12 in West Drayton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,341 reviews
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!