“A good transit hotel”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Port Hedland, Australia
“A good transit hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have now tried to write a review of this hotel 3 times and each time it is taken down by Trip Advisor. This has never happened before and I am starting to believe someone at Trip Advisor might be working for this hotel. as I have responded each time with what they have asked to proved this was the hotel we stayed in. A bit curious why this keeps happening for this hotel after all the time I have used trip advisor.

It is an average hotel if you want it more than just a transit hotel. Not many facilities which would not affect you if you are transiting. The staff are kind but do not know much of the area so were not much help with how to get to different places. The concierge did not even know the answer to simple transport questions.
The cleaners do not speak much English so it was difficult to explain how a roll-away bed was not being made up each day but just a sheet and pillow put on top of the lounge even though one had paid for a very tiny executive room and extra for the roll-away bed.
A good breakfast was serve but in a fairly small restaurant compare to the size of the hotel. The hotel serves a lot of flight staff whom can crowd out the breakfast area so you can find yourself waiting. The bar area, Chinese Restaurant, Irish Pub and breakfast areas are small and doing festive seasons the Chinese Restaurant and Irish Pub is closed down which can make the smaller areas feel even smaller and very crowded.
The staff are friendly and generally do try and help you in anyway they can but not with the roll-away and with advice for the area as they just don't know.
Overall, as a transit hotel it is good. If you want to stay longer for a holiday then I would actually look somewhere else.
Advice, the executive rooms are as tiny as they are I would not like to stay in a normal room considering it should be less than an executive.
Not much for kids to do.

Room Tip: Always go executive for what it is worth.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel.

I was really sorry to learn that our Concierge were unable to assist you and I know that re-training is being undertaken with the newer team members.

I will contact you through Tripadvisor to obtain further information which I will pass to our Executive Housekeeper who can then ensure your feedback is taken forward with the team member concerned regarding the extra bed and please accept my sincere apologies for this.

It was good to learn that you found the team to be friendly and I look forward to making contact at your convenience.

Once again, thank you for your review and again my sincere apologies.

Kind regards

Fiona Mackenzie Andrew
Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Polish first
LLANDRINIO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Never used this hotel before because it looks difficult to get to compared with other hotels near Heathrow. Its no so and I will definitely use it again. Normally airport hotels are pretty impersonal as they are normally just for the one night.
Not so this one. The hotel has had a recent make over and first impressions are great. The staff were very attentive ,friendly and helpful.The room was very clean and comfortable. The bar and restaurant are also very claen and comfortable and the food again very good compared with other Heathrow hotels.There are 3 Holiday Inns near the airport,this one is best by far!

Room Tip: The rooms are being refurbished from the top down so go for a higher floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed here about 10 years ago and hated it if I'm honest so when I found out I was booked in here on a late night arrival/early morning departure stopover! my heart sank. In the end, I was sorry that I wasn't on a later flight out the next day...

Arriving in a Heathrow airport hotel can be soul-destroying but not here. I'd been up since 4am and arrived at 10pm and the receptionist was lovely, and above all, super quick. The room was absolutely fine. Everything worked, and I slept like a proverbial log in a huge and comfortable bed. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Only gripe is the internet. It's pricey.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Swindoneric
Oldham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I've just returned from a five night business stay at the hotel. Really impressed with staff, room and overall facilities.

Room looking a little tired in places but very comfortable with great views across to Heathrow.

Buffet breakfast was fantastic. The choice of bars and restaurants really good. Visited the Chinese restaurant twice and had a couple of great nights in the Irish bar. Excellent food in both.

On checking out someone had charged a meal and drinks to my room but this was sorted out with no fuss.

No complaints from me!

Room Tip: Seventh floor odd numbers facing Heathrow
Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Like many people staying at this hotel it was an overnight prior to a long haul flight the following morning. We booked the room with 15 nights car parking and pre-booked the shuttle bus online. We were not expecting anything 'special' just a comfortable bed for one night, however I must comment on the excellent staff. I had forgotten my booking confirmation which also had the shuttle bus tickets attached but the reception staff found the e mail sent to me and printed it off which saved paying again. The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. No problems at all. The bar is quite small but we enjoyed an evening drink and found the staff very pleasant.

We did not dine in the hotel so cannot pass comment on the restaurant. The following morning the concierge offered to check us in for our flights and printed the confirmation details. The shuttle bus for T5 does not run as often as for the other terminals but this was not a problem.

The location is excellent for the road networks and for LHR. We will definitely book here again, if anything because all the staff we met were so friendly, professional and helpful.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor at the front of the hotel which was fine for us, the rooms can get a litt...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ixworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here for three nights at the end of October last year as part of a combined business trip that I made, as well as hosting an event in the conferencing facilities at this hotel. Apart from cold and low water pressure in the sinks, and a slight back-track by staff on the original WiFi offer I was made, I could not find fault with ANYTHING at all. It is by far the best Holiday Inn hotel I've stayed at and the friendliness and effortless service offered by many I came into contact with throughout the stay was truly excellent!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I am completely taken aback by this visit on January 19th because I have stayed that this hotel many times and average 10 nights plus a year (I have stayed there for over 20+ years even when it was a Forte Crest) and it was always fine and I had no issues. Unfortunately this time as soon as soon as I went into the room and went to the kettle to make a cup of coffee I found that it made a cracking noise from the plug socket and the connection was bad to I opened the cupboard where the minibar would usually be and there was nothing there as you can see in the picture. I then went to set up my laptop and the chair at the desk was in very poor condition so I put a towel on it and then when I looked around at the bed that also looked very tired as well. I have to say that this is not normal at this hotel and its my preferred choice at the airport because it is close to a couple of pubs and a good indian restaurant so it's very disappointing to find it scored so badly. Under normal circumstances I would've gone down to the desk and explained about the various issues but I was exhausted after a transatlantic flight with delays and knew I would be offered another room which would have been a hassle I could do without. I'm not saying by this review not to choose this hotel because it is normally really first rate but what is concerning is whether this is a one off or if standards have slipped and its getting hit and miss.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you so much John T for taking the time and the trouble to complete a review of our hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the poor standards you experienced and for there not being a mini bar in your bedroom. I am also very sorry to hear that the décor and furniture were not up to standard in your bedroom. We are currently in the process of upgrading our bedrooms, however there is no excuse for the standard you encountered.

Please could I ask you to contact me at your convenience so that I can ask for further feedback to ensure the necessary remedial action is taken.

Thank you again for your review and once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Yours sincerely

#4 of 12 in West Drayton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,307 reviews
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!