“A bit of a factory”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
SW France
“A bit of a factory”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here as I had a very early flight the following day - I think that it is not worth the effort , much better to stay in town and get a cab out early.
The rooms are adequate and comfy enough. One has to pay an exorbitant amount for Wi-Fi , a bit greedy I feel after paying quite a lot for the room.
The restaurants are just about OK - not great and expensive.
The advantage of being near the airport is completely lost when you have to Pay £4.50/ £4.00 to catch a rickety bus that runs all over the place ( does about 4 Hotels) takes an age to get to and from the airport and has an uncertain schedule, overall a rather unpleasant experience. They should at least offer a dedicated courtesy bus , add a bit to the bill if they must.

As I said earlier , go into London, more to do, better restaurants, bars , pubs , more variety and just as easy to get that early flight.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel.

We are pleased you found your bedroom to be comfy.

A taxi from London can be expensive and depending on traffic and the part of London you are coming from the journey can take over one hour plus to Heathrow which can be quite a strain if you have a flight to catch.

I will certainly pass your comment to Heathrow Express who run the Hoppa bus as to the bus standard and please accept my apologies for this. A taxi can also be arranged by our Concierge to Heathrow which is a faster option.

At the present time all of our Elite IHG Reward Club Members are entitled to complimentary internet. However I am pleased that as of 1st July 2014 all IHG Reward Club Members will have this complimentary service. We would be happy to enrol you on your next visit.

Thank you once again for your review and I do hope that you will come back to stay in the future.

Kind regards

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Lytham St Annes
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Booked on the day using Airline Staff discount directly with IHG. Got a great rate and was very happy. Hotel was spectacular for the money and not only would I stay here again but I'd actively encourage others to stay here. It's really easy to get to, straight off JCT4 of the M4 so you don't have to get involved with all the traffic within the boundary of the airport. It has clearly been refurbished recently to an excellent standard. When booking I opted for the recently upgraded room at an additional cost of £5! The cost of parking overnight was £12, which sounds a lot but when you remember this is Heathrow, it's actually not bad. Breakfast wasn't included in the rate but I paid for it separately and again was well worth it. I asked for a quiet room and was given 1040A. This was a corner room on the top floor with views of Wembeley Stadium, Central London and Heathrow airport. Room was spacious and included a LCD TV, good amenities and a great work area with loads of power outlets. The entire room including bathroom was spotless. Transfer to T5 using the Hoppa Bus was £4.50 each way, left every 30mins (05 past and 25 past every hour) and took 15 mins but they advise to allow 25mins just incase. Up to 2 children (under 15) go free with every adult.

I've stayed in a few hotels over the years at LHR and will definitely stay here again. Thanks to all the staff involved here. I hope it keeps the same standard and doesn't slip down.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank swayze2626
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had just few hours to stay there just because of flight but it's was great experience and great quality of sleep ! If need LHR hotel you should always go for this one as it's close and service is wonderful maybe hotel is not the newest but keeps up to airport standards

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FredericaIT
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.

We were delighted to learn that you had a great experience and a restful stay.

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel to all the TripAdvisor members, we do hope that you will come back to visit us again in the near future.

Kind regards

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is one of the hotels, that still have smoking rooms. We were allotted smoking rooms, since our booking was made thru Booking.com and the person booking forgot to choose Non Smooking. We were asked to wait for an hour, before we were actually given non smoking rooms. We went and checked the smoking rooms and the smell was disgusting.

The hotel has a lot of airline crew, so they don't really care for people coming in for the night. You could end up waiting for 15 - 20 minutes at most times to get something done at the reception.

The food in the restaurant is average.

Room Tip: Remember to select Non Smoking Rooms at the time of booking or you will be put in the smoking floors...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RSRathore
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of our hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay whilst we were arranging for an alternative bedroom for you, I was pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your request as I can appreciate that you would want a non smoking bedroom..

I was very sorry to learn that our Front Desk Team did not make you feel welcome and I have taken this forward with the Front Desk Manager and your comments regarding the restaurant with our Head Chef.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies and I do hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely

North Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

When im away of business I try and use Holiday Inn all the time. Not only because of the consistant quaility, but also as an ING reward customer, they just go that extra mile. This hotel is no exception.

You are greated as soon as you arrive in a very open space modern reception. I was quickly checked in and was put on the 10th floor overlooking the motoway. The room was well insulated and could not hear a thing. my room had a fridge, large TV and comfortable bed. The room was spotless !!!

The bar area, staff and food was excellent. In all I cannot find fault. Parking costs £12 per night. I dont mind paying for it as the car park is secure and there are loads of spaces.

I will be staying here again when I am next in the area and would like to thank the hotel staff for a loverly stay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our room and bathroom were badly in need of an overhaul and we were told on our check out that they are indeed revamping the hotel from the top down. Shame we weren't on the top floor then. The meal we had in the bar was quite tasty and nicely served.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of our hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that you found the bedroom and bathroom décor to be below expectation. We are currently in the process of upgrading our bedrooms however there is no excuse for the standard you experienced and I will take this forward.

If I could ask you to kindly contact me whenever you next have the occasion to visit the Heathrow area I will ensure your faith is restored and I have noted my email address below.

I am pleased to hear that you found the food at the bar to be tasty and nicely served.

Once again please accept my sincerest apologies and we do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Fiona Mackenzie-Andrew
Email: fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Unfortunately I was only staying at this hotel for one night whilst travelling onwards the next day, but I was very impressed the moment I walked through the reception doors!.
The hotel is very modern inside, and nicely decorated with a bright well lit lobby area and Dining room and Bar close by.
The staff member at reception was quick to respond to me and was welcoming and informative about my reservation and in all was very helpful.

My room was also perfect, spacious, well looked after and very clean...complimentary tea/coffee facilities and plenty of bath towels which is always great.
I also love Holiday Inn as they are one of the last few hotel chains to offer its guests a Smoking room in some of its hotels, which as a smoker is a big bonus!
Would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again if i am in the area!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Novotel London Heathrow
#5 of 12 in West Drayton
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!