“Room used”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Found bed had been used, dustbins had tissues and there were hairs in the basin, bed and bath. Might be convenient for the airport but I'm not impressed. There was no real surprise when I reported it either so maybe this happens often. Of course they did offer to come and make up room or move me to another room bit that was not really the point! !!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Craig D
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of our hotel. We value our Guest's feedback and take comments made very seriously.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the upset and inconvenience caused due to the room not being clean on your arrival. I have taken this forward with my Executive Housekeeper so that immediate remedial action can be taken.

I am also disappointed to hear that the customer service you received at the Front Desk was not up to your expectations. I apologise for this and have discussed this with the Front Desk Manager so that staff are retrained to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

Once again please accept my sincerest apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused and I will be contacting you to ensure that appropriate action is taken.

Kind regards,

Fiona Mackenzie-Andrew
Guest Relations

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The bed in the Executive king room is great! The bathroom could use a deep cleaning as there were splatter marks on the inside door and long black hair on the floor (that didn't belong to either my husband or me!) overall a decent night stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one that I stay in very often probably some 30 or so nights a year and can honesty say that I am always quite impressed when comparing to other Holiday Inn locations. The staff are always very friendly and courteous and the room standards are great. The restaurants, bars and lounge area are all great for both business and pleasure.

Highly recommended

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Conveniently located approx 15 minutes from LHR, with the (chargeable) Hotel Hoppa bus service running every 20-30 minutes to take you to/from the terminal.

The renovated rooms are lovely, with a calming colour scheme, comfortable beds and a nice shower. Unfortunately, on this trip we were let down by the service. Little things were wrong like my IHG Rewards membership not recognised at check-in which slowed down the whole process after a long flight, we were allocated a twin room when a double room was requested and when a porter was sent to help move rooms the new key was posted under the door with no attempt to help with luggage.

The hotel duty manager was very apologetic and did her best to put things right (hence an average review rather than poor/terrible) and it's the first time I've had a bad experience at the hotel having stayed many times on business previously.

The new "Park, stay and go" offer is great value though and the hotel is worth considering if you are in the area, the rates are good and you need somewhere to sleep close to the airport.

Room Tip: The renovated rooms are lovely - ask if they have any available
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of our hotel, we appreciate your comments.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that the customer service you received was not up to expected standards and for any upset or inconvenience caused. I am disappointed to hear that you were not recognised as an IHG Rewards member and that the room you booked had not been correctly allocated.

I was also sorry to learn that the night porter did not offer to help you move your luggage to your new room. I have taken your comments forward with the Front Desk Manager so that our team can undergo further training to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

I am pleased to hear that you found our newly refurbished rooms to have a nice calming colour scheme and to be comfortable.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies, I do hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near the future and I would really appreciate it if you would contact me whenever you next require accommodation in the Heathrow area.

Kind regards,

Fiona Mackenzie Andrew
Guest Relations
Email: fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after our trip to Lego Land. The staff were welcoming, the kids had a goody bag which kept them entertained which I thought was a great idea. Rooms clean and just what we needed after a busy day. The downside would be the price of food and drink. Way over priced and not high standard for what you pay. On exit we noticed two pubs within walking distance, my guess is that food would be better and cheaper if you wanted to save money! I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel is nothing special but the customer service was very good and the hotel was quiet and comfortable.

The hotel has several dining options and bars. The meal costs in the bar are reasonable. If you don't want to eat at the hotel, there is a Pub next to the front gate.

If you require WiFi you will have to pay or ensure it is part of your package.
The hotel is serviced by the Heathrow Hoppa bus every 30 mins to Terminal 4 and 5. Other terminals are similarly serviced.
There is a small shop in the hotel with souvenirs, drinks and :sweets etc.
Overall this was a good option and worth considering for a Heathrow stopover.

Room Tip: Rooms are either twin or doubles. All appear to be similar but a view towards the airport may be be...
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The staff are always helpful and the hotel is very well located with two excellent pubs nearby and a curry house although the in house food is good as well. My last two stays have been in the newly decorated rooms which are really stylish but even the older rooms are fine. There is nothing negative about this hotel and it even has large green outdoor areas which are great for sunbathing although once you put a towel out everyone else tends to get the same idea so find a quiet spot where you won't be seen. The Pizza's are good in this hotel too and the bar is quite pleasant with outdoor seating in the summer. All round I recommend this hotel and it is my first choice at LHR.

Room Tip: Floor 8 is nice.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!