“Best hotel around Heathrow”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Holiday inn M4 West Drayton has had a new make over! The room was modern yet cosy! It was very clean ... and the atmosphere all in all was great!

We didn't stay to try breakfast etc but I would defo be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,160)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were taken to this hotel by our holiday company as part of a weekend theater break.. The room was very nice and plenty big enough for the three of us. The only downside was the awful smell of drains in the bathroom but this did'nt really impact on our stay. We ate in the Rotisserie Restaurant both for our evening meal and breakfast and both were excellent. We had an excellent nights sleep even though there was a disco on the ground floor (we were on the 4th floor) and we were so close to Heathrow Airport. It was in fact much quieter than any of the hotels I have stayed in previously in Central London. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Request a high room if you like a view - the hotel has 10 floors and people staying on the 8th and 9...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to write a review about your stay at our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you found the room to be spacious and the food to be excellent. I am also pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be quiet and had a comfortable nights sleep.

Please accept my sincerest apologise for the odour in the bathroom and for any upset or inconvenience caused. I would like to take your comment forward with Housekeeping so that immediate remedial action can be taken, please could I ask you to contact me on the email address below with your reservation details.

Thank you again for your review and do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Fiona Mackenzie-Andrew
Guest Relations Manager
Email: fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel itself offers all the amenities you'd expect in a business-class airport conference hotel, including spacious rooms and the early breakfast option mentioned by other reviewers. But in my chief aim - to minimize travel time for my early-morning check-in and departure - I was sorely disappointed. The airport Hoppa schedule is less than accommodating. No problem - I grabbed a cab - but the cabs are forced on a long, circuitous route around several deviations. In the end, the travel time was longer and the cab fare higher than my outbound stay in Feltham - with none of the charm, greenspace, or outside walking space. So fine as a conference hotel, but not ideal for a late-arrival-early-departure layover (which is what I'd expected).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here a few days ago for a conference which was also in this hotel. I was very surprised with the size of the bedroom and even more surprised that I had a king size bed. All of the staff were helpful and answered any questions that I had.

Yes the hotel is close to heathrow but once your in the hotel you wouldn't know. It was only by looking out of the window on one side of the building that you realised it was there at all

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

When we finally got to this hotel with our family of six, we found the hotel facilities were good and the staff very pleasant and helpful. The only minus was that, since we arrived just after 10 pm, we had to have dinner in the bar area, and the music from the dance area at one end of the area was deafening. We asked if anything could be done to get away from the noise and were told, "No." That disadvantage aside, the big minus of this hotel is finding it and getting there from the airport. I have travelled all over the world, and normally getting to an airport hotel by a shuttle bus is clearcut, easy and FREE. I couldn't believe that we had to pay 18 pounds for the bus one way. But that was only one of our difficulties. Another of my erroneous assumptions was that Holiday Inn London Heathrow was the full name of our hotel. I knew there were other Holiday Inns but assumed they were distinguished by other names. So we took a Hoppa bus to Holiday Inn Heathrow and discovered when we arrived and attempted to register that we were at the wrong Holiday Inn. The name of our Holiday Inn was not just Holiday Inn Heathrow. It was Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, JCT 4. As an ignorant American, never having driven myself in Britain, I had no idea what M4,JCT 4 meant but I thought it must be part of the address. What kind of a name is that, can't you give it a better name. Even calling it Holiday Inn Heathrow # 1 or #2 would be an improvement. Anyway, we had to call a cab from the wrong Holiday Inn
and wait for half an hour for it to come to take us to M4JCT4. Then the next morning we had to pay 30 pounds for a van so we could avoid the bus in going from M4JCT4 to Terminal 4. In the past I have found transiting at Heathrow rather than Paris or Amsterdam was a bad idea, but this time was the worst.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and please accept my sincerest apologies for the upset and inconvenience caused by your journey to the hotel.

I apologise that you found the cost of the Hoppa Bus did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately we do not set the fares as the Hoppa Bus is run by an outside company for the majority of Heathrow hotels. I will however forward your comment for their consideration.

I am sorry to learn that the name of the hotel was not clear for your directions and you were inconvenienced.

Our team were pleased you found everyone here to be pleasant and helpful and that you found our facilities good. However, I have asked our Food & Beverage Manager to speak with the team with regards to the music volume and I would like to apologise for this.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the shortcomings you experienced and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Fiona Mackenzie Andrew
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here on business for the first time and have to say I will be back. Recognised as a Platinum IHG Rewards member and upgraded o a new Executive room which was excellent. Ate in the Irish Bar (Callaghans) which I felt was good quality and value. Breakfast from 6am was a nice touch as wanted to be away early. Parked on site and quick getaway to the M4. I often have to stay in the Heathrow area and have tried many hotels and this is now my favourite.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GA1504
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed as part of legoland package. Family room was adequate size and equiped for all our needs, clean and comfortable and fully functional. Guest services very helpful and efficient.We had breakfast included and really was very good with a range of quality food: full english, cereals, pastries, omlettes cooked to order...even blackpud on offer..to me its inclusion a test of a good fry up and great to see this British delicacy on show to our Intefnational travellers..but just a pointer, it needs to be fried!...I think it was baked..making it a rather dry chalky mouthful.
Exhausted kids neant we chose the hotel buffet one night rather than explore elsewhere...at 16.50 per head rather dear but as our 2 kids ate free it worked out reasonably..not a wide choice but what was on offer was tasty. Shame drinks were soooo overpriced..( shame something to make this more reasonable for nonexpenses paid guests isnt on iffer like the kids eat free..maybe free soft drinjs for kids?).
Woukd definately recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1 mi away
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!