“Everything you need”

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel on quite a few occasions both at the start and end of our holiday, we always find the staff very helpful and accommodating and on our recent trip in July we once again were not disappointed, although there was one small issue we wanted a room with 2 beds but as we were checking in early we accepted a double as our room was not ready unfortunately this proved to be a wrong decision the bed was not really a true queen size and rolled into the middle, after phoning the front desk they could not have done enough and we were moved to a twin room on the same floor
which was wonderful and quite spacious.
We always enjoy eating at the little pub The Plough which is adjacent to the hotel, very good meals great value for money
We will be back to stay next year definitely, it has become part of our holiday planning to include time before and after our flights at The Holiday Inn.
Terry and Annette
Melbourne Australia

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Annette and Ter... C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,233)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nicely set out and convenient to airport. Comfortable rooms although will need a tidy up in the near future to deal with damage caused by occupants and time. We used the bus to access the airport - runs every half hour and took around 25 minutes to get to terminal 4

We also took advantage of one of the pleasant Indian restaurants 5-10 minutes walk away in Sipson Road for a fantastic dinner

Room Tip: Hotel seems well laid out so appears easy access is available to all rooms. Double glazing ensures i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It has been many years since I have stayed in a Holiday Inn - really bad experience 20 years ago put me off Holiday Inns. This is not my usual choice of hotel for staying near Heathrow, but my flight had been cancelled, so United put all of the passengers up at this hotel for the night.

I had expected check-in to be a disaster, but they were prepared for the influx of 250 passengers and it was handled well and efficiently, and with smiles and a bit of humor. I was allocated room 630 - lovely queen size bed, room smelt clean and there was a bathroom robe waiting for me on the bed. The bathroom was clean and great amenities. There was an in-room safe, tea and coffee making facilities. There was also a mini-bar which I did not use.

Great night's sleep and a great range of television channels.

Disappointment #1: charge for WiFi in the room - really do not understand why hotels still charge for WiFi these days.
Disappointment #2: restaurant - the airline provided a buffet style dinner for us, and the curry was good (and there was a carving station that i did not try but the turkey and pork looked good), and the vegetables were tasty. But they only provided water to drink. I requested a cup of tea at the end of the meal and was told they did not serve tea, but they would be happy to get me a cup of tea for an additional charge. I went to my room and made a cup of tea there, but thought it was a bit much to charge for tea/coffee at a buffet. i did not bother trying the breakfast. There are okay restaurants at the food courts at the airport and I would recommend getting a meal there to bring back to your room.

However, the positives outweighed the negatives, and really I was looking for a clean room and to get a good night's sleep which I was able to get, and a nice hot shower in the morning.

Room Tip: Room 630 is an executive room that looks towards the airport, but no airport noise. Queen size bed
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AussieNarelle
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed her before our early flight the next day- when you arrive at the hotel it gives off a good impression. Nice clean model lobby and staff were great! When you get into the lift you still think it's going to be a good stay...until you arrive to your floor and see the tired looking hallways and unfortunately the rooms are the same- the door to our room was scuffed the room just felt genuinely unclean the carpet was pretty badly stained in places and just old looking! Great view of the runway though! I paid about £100 which to be honest I feel is a little to much for a tired room! Oh and the Chinese restaurant downstairs is a major rip off for what is pretty much all brought in supermarket Chinese food!

• Stayed: July 2014
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review of our hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that you did not find the décor up to standard. We are currently in the process of upgrading our bedrooms and refurbishing the hotel.

I also apologise that the pricing in our Sampans restaurant did not meet your expectations. All our food is made on site by out team of Oriental Chefs.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future to restore your faith.

Yours sincerely

Fiona Mackenzie Andrew
Guest Relations
fiona.mackenzie-andrew@ihg.com

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at this Hotel in June for almost a week, as I had some business outside of London. From the minute I walked into the Hotel, the staff was very attentive to my wishes, and made sure that my stay was smooth! Make sure that you look out for the Barbecue, which takes place on some evenings on the terrace of the Pub.

Room Tip: The higher floors are renovated! Make sure to get a room here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel previously and have written a previous review. The hotel remains a very good example of Holiday Inn. On my last trip I had a number of issues with the Hoppa bus to and from the airport. For those unfamiliar with this hotel it is served by a local shuttle bus which is a paid service - this runs regularly to and from all terminals. Previously the shuttle system has worked very well for me. On this occasion the I took the shuttle twice to the airport and both times the bus was delayed by over 30 mins. I happened to have time but going to an airport a 30 min delay can be very problematic. I also found that the shuttles stop running from the airport before midnight. I was in London and got back to the airport at midnight - with no shuttle it cost me 20UK pounds for a taxi - late night rates.

This is a great hotel but with the challenges getting there and back I may consider other options - like the Hilton at T4 which you can walk to from the terminal. It may cost more per night but has less transport costs and risk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is clean and rooms have a big television. Positives done. As for the rest, rooms are kitted out more like a Holiday Inn Express (no mini bar, scarce toiletries), beds are uncomfortable and one of the bedside lights didn't work. Wifi prices are ridiculous. Whilst all of this would still grant the hotels an "average" rating, I've had to downgrade to "poor" since they neglected to make the requested wake up call at 4.30am. Luckily we also had an alarm, otherwise we would have missed our early morning flight! When we highlighted this to Bartok in reception in the morning, no apology was offered. Avoid.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay and for any upset or inconvenience caused. I am sorry to learn that you found the bed to be uncomfortable and that one of the bedside lights was not working. I am also disappointed to learn that you did not receive the wake up call as requested and no apology was offered by reception for the error. I will be ensuring that our team undergo re-training so that this does not happen again going forward.

I also apologise that the internet charges did not meet your expectations and I am pleased to be able to tell you that as of the 1st July 2014 we offer complimentary WIFI to all IHG Rewards Club members. We would be more than happy to enrol you on your next visit and explain in more detail how to connect to the WIFI service.

Please could I kindly ask you to contact me on the email address below so that I can gain further information about your stay and make sure the appropriate remedial action is taken.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and restore your faith.

Yours sincerely

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!