“Service with a smile”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“Service with a smile”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

From booking last October until booking in last Thursday for 4 nights we couldn't have had better service. Stall in all departments were welcoming, friendly and eager to please. We did have one small complaint which we were not going to mention but it came up in conversation whilst being booked out. I only mention this as it was immediately picked up on and dealt with without question and with a generous adjustment. The room was spotless and well serviced and the food in their Chinese restaurant, Sampans, was most excellent as was the service.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor [10]. Quiet, good views and the lifts provide quick access.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel over bank holiday weekend with a friend and first impressions looked promising, the foyer was large, clean and modern with ample staff available. However, once we were given the keys to our room things started to go down hill.

At first glance the room looked clean and contained everything you should need for a comfortable stay. We then noticed the fridge was not working and called maintenance who we were informed would soon be up to our room to fix it. We had planned to go out so could not wait for them to come so left, when we returned we saw they had been unable to fix the fridge so had left an additional one for us to use. It was horrible a small white box fridge that had obviously seen better days and which was dirty and the rubber seal around the edge was worn and so it did not close properly.
The bathroom although clean was very worn with black mold in the grouting and sealer around the bath and although the towels looked clean one of them had a couple of holes in it. While preparing for bed we noticed there were no plug sockets near the beds and as i have to plug in medical equipment at night it meant that we had to pull out one of the beds halfway across the room to reach the plug on the opposite wall. Judging from the layer of dust and grime under the bed it had obviously been a while since they had cleaned underneath them.

The food in the buffet lounge was horrible with the chicken curry consisting of processed meat and although it was an eat all you want resturant trust me you would not want to eat any of it, we only ate it because we were so tired and it was too late to go looking for anything else. It was also very over priced and service very slow.

On the plus side the breakfast was great with everything you could possibly want in a breakfast and more.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the standards you experienced during your stay and for the upset and inconvenience caused. I have forwarded your comments to the Executive Housekeeper so that this can be rectified immediately.

Please could I kindly ask you to contact me on the email address below so that I can ensure the appropriate remedial action is taken.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the upset and inconvenience caused and I do hope to hear from you soon.

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here for one night with my husband and two children as we were going to lego land for two days. After a full day of travelling and lego land We checked in easily and had a room on the first floor that was fine and clean. Once settled we went downstairs to a very busy lounge for a bite to eat as we were shattered from the day at lego land. Drinks were over priced and food menu was average. Once the food came the children's Shepards pies were obviously just frozen micro meals, my pasta had a skin it so it had obviously been sat under the hot plate and my husbands pizza was stodgy. We had no cutlery for about five minutes and I could see the waitress messing about clearing other peoples tables before bringing us our cutlery while our already horrible food was going cold! I'm the end I ended up going to the waitress and getting them myself as children were starving and wanted to get tucked in. Went to bed and the room was good and comfy and reasonably quiet for a holiday inn. We woke at 8am and went down for breakfast at 9.30 to our horror that there was a que for tables that was about 50 people long!! We were going to lego land again that day and travelling 4 hours home after so we decided not to wait in the que as I reckon we would if been waiting an hour and we wouldn't have time as wanted to get out fairly early. We had already paid for breakfast so I mentioned it to the receptionist and she was humming and harring about what to do then decided it would be ok to offer us a "complimentary coffee" but not a refund. Well a coffee will not fill my kids up! So all in all we had a a pretty disappointing experience at holiday inn m4!! If a hotel can accommodate hundreds of rooms they should have a restaurant to accommodate that many people for breakfast!! Won't be using holiday inn again, premier inn all the way!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of our hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused by your experience at the lounge bar. I am disappointed to learn that your food was not up to expectations and will be taking your comments forward with the Restaurant Manager so that this is rectified. I also apologise for the wait you experienced at breakfast and that our team did not satisfactorily resolve your complaint.

I am pleased to learn that you found the room to be clean, quiet and comfy.

Once again please accept my sincerest apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused and I will be contacting you privately to ensure the appropriate remedial action is taken.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights , originally we booked for 3 at a special rate of £75.00p per night inc Breakfast which was fine. We were shocked that when we recieved our bill vat had been added on , which is in my view is dishonest business practice.Why where we not told at the time of booking ,that vat would be added?. Most hotels we have stayed at include vat in the stated and agreed price.
Also the menu in the hotel room , gives you the price of various items , but does not tell you about the service charge , which was added on the the final bill.Other than these points we had a good & comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Get a room where you can see the aircraft at Heathrow taking off or landing
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of our hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problem you have encountered with our prices however all our rates should be inclusive of VAT. Please could I ask you kindly to contact me on the email address below so I can look into this further ensure there has been no error.

I also apologise for the confusion regarding the service charge. We do state at the bottom of each page on the menu that there is a £3.00 tray charge. I will look investigate further once I have obtained details to ensure you have been billed correctly.

I am pleased to hear that you had a good and comfortable stay.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the upset and inconvenience caused and I look forward to hearing from you.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

It was my first time staying in the hotel in England, and i didnt know what to expect, but it was better than i have expected, however there were a few things that i didnt like, e.g. i had a family with a sofa bed which wasnt very comfortable as i could feel and see springs and it wasnt nice, the wasnt a fridge which in a family room i would expect, and room was really clena teh shower was really good, althougth when we have asked for more coffe and milk in the room we didnt get it. however overall it was pleasent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Fiona M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that you found the sofa bed to be uncomfortable and for the upset or inconvenience caused. I also apologise that there was no fridge in your allocated bedroom, we do not have fridges as a standard but could provide one on request.

I am so sorry that you did not get more coffee and milk when requested and I will be forwarding your comment to the Executive Housekeeper for immediate remedial action.

I am pleased to hear that overall you found your stay to be pleasant.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies caused and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

cambridgeshire
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My training providers had negotiated a discount on the overnight rate. It transpired that the discount took the price down from the advertised room price which is in excess of £300 per night. Such a shame that Holiday Inn a company whose hotels I used to use out of choice are ripping tourists off.
I was booked in for a five night stay to attend a training course at the hotels excellent academy training conference facility.
On arrival I was presented with a letter acknowledging that a long stay away from home was unpleasant and the hotel would do everything they could to make my stay comfortable. I assumed that having acknowledged my length of stay I would have had a good room allocated for the duration of my stay. I and 4 of my fellow students were on what I later discovered was a transit floor, guests were coming in and out at all hours of the day or night for flights with shouting children and screaming babies making for very disturbed nights.
It took 3 members of staff to select a room for my stay. The final person was apparently the night duty manager on the 17th August. He physically pushed the other staff away from the computer grunted in disagreement when they made a suggestion then selected the transit floor room grunted and walked off, with no acknowledgment of my existence at any time.
My room was comfortable with a notice on the wall asking for towels etc., to be reused, no matter what I did all the toiletries and towels were replaced on 3 of my five nights. Irritating when you do your best to save the company money.
The final morning of my stay the hotel had a guests from a large conference on site. Either they had no additional plans in place to cope with the extra guests or that information was not passed on but the queue for breakfast stretched along much of the ground floor, a small notice invisible at the back of the queue telling most guests they could not use the other restaurant for breakfast. Perhaps one directing the huge group to the other facility may have helped.
£9 + for a large glass of wine?
The highlight of my stay was the Academy training centre, very well equipped, friendly staff who dealt with any problems promptly. The wifi was good and the catering was very good with snacks during the day which added a lighthearted discussion point.
Flying in or out of Heathrow do some research, this place is very expensive and probably the worst Holdiay Inn I have stayed in.
I made all of these points to the reception staff when I payed my bill, I got all the expected platitiudes and some points added to my Holiday Inn card but no record seemed to be made of my concerns.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get put on the transit floor. A good nights sleep is a struggle
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank dinghyking
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of your recent stay at our Hotel. We value our Guest's feedback and take comments made seriously.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the noise you experienced and for the upset and inconvenience caused. I am disappointed to hear that you were not allocated a room in the quiet part of the hotel for the duration of your trip. Please be assured I will be taking your comment forward with the Front Desk Manager to ensure staff are retrained. I am also sorry to hear that Housekeeping did not follow guidelines for the towels and I will inform the Executive Housekeeper.

I apologise for breakfast being busy and will be looking into this further to see why this occurred. I am pleased to learn that you found the Academy facilities to be excellent and the staff to be friendly.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel to restore your faith.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were here for one night as part of an Omega London Theatre trip and found the room to be spacious and very comfortable. The restaurant was very modern. Both the evening meal and breakfast were great, with plenty of choice. There was a very lively bar with music and it was a very relaxing and friendly place. We really enjoyed our stay.

1 Thank ELC1966
#5 of 12 in West Drayton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,341 reviews
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4? Share your experiences!