Its about a year since we were last at the Crowne Plaza Heathrow. This time we booked a Club Room on the 4th Floor. Check-in was fine and very courteous, we were asked twice if we desired assistance with our bags but we were fine on our own. The room was good - I like those gentleman-club like rooms with a proper desk near the window and lots of nice wood. We popped into the lounge for a cup of tea - very nice although the receptionists could have been a little more welcoming. Back to the room for a wash and we found the towels!! - they were disgraceful - the edges tatty and falling apart - we would use them as rags at home. We mentioned it to the hosekeeping lady in the corridor and she sent someone along to replace them which was fine but I still stand by the principle that they (the towels) simply shoud not be in service, especially when you are paying this sort of money. A very pleasant lady at the desk at ground floor reception did take up the matter and unfortuanately I did not take her name - but she had a very positive attitude and attended to our disappointment.
The Club Lounge for canapes at 6:30 pm was pleasant but nowhere near the sort of standard of a certain hotel's Club Lounge at Gatwick South.
A snack in the pub was good for us in the evening. A really good night's sleep and a full breakfast in the restaurant completed our stay which predominantly was excellent. However, no notepad or writing paper in the room, only one chocolate drink sachet, only one bathrobe, minimal toiletries and those disgraceful towels I do wonder if Crowne Plaza are "penny pinchining" in their Club Rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Crowne Plaza London Heathrow Hotel is conveniently located for all Heathrow airport terminals including the new Terminal 5. In addition, M4 & M40 are only minutes away. The Hotel is just 2 minutes from Stockley Park. Complimentary transfers offered to Stockley Park whilst Bedfont Lakes Business Park is only a short drive away. Crowne Plaza London Heathrow is an ideal base while on Business or to explore Central London, Legoland Windsor, Ascot Racecourse, Wembley, and Twickenham. All bedrooms are spacious, modern & equipped with air conditioning and high-speed internet. The Hotel offers family rooms & accessible rooms including one with hoist facilities. Why not upgrade to the Club floor with access to Crowne Plaza Club Lounge where you can enjoy complimentary Continental Breakfast, complimentary WiFi in the lounge, drinks & canapes. Crowne Plaza London Heathrow is the place to Meet with 23 meeting and conference rooms for up to 200 delegates. All conference rooms have natural daylight and WiFi. Crowne Plaza London Heathrow is the ideal Legoland hotel for exploring all the park has to offer with journey times to the park of only 20 minutes The Hotels Leisure Club Spirit boasts Heathrow's largest indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and fully equipped gym and treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London Heathrow
- Crowne Plaza West Drayton
- Crowne Plaza Heathrow
- Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow West Drayton, Greater London