“No water!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Norwich, United Kingdom
“No water!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed here as part of a Legoland deal. Check in was smooth and the man at reception was friendly. The hotel was packed as the riders and crew from the Tour Of Britain were also in the hotel and this meant that parking was a bit of a nightmare, however as we had been following the tour (going to watch the stage near our home) we found this quite exciting. Room was large with 2 double bed and clean and comfortable. The problems started the following morning. My husband had a shower at 8am and this was fine but half an hour later the water pressure went and we were without water! After informing reception they said that maintainance would not be on until 9am. We decided to go to breakfast (which was pretty good) but there was still no water by the time we got back and reception confirmed that all the rooms were the same. Still no water at 10am and by this time I was a little desperate as we had to leave the hotel by 11am to attend a christening nearby. Reception could not come up with a solution so i asked them to send some bottled water so at least i could boil the kettle and wash my hair. They sent up 4 bottles which were 330 ml (can of coke size) and this filled the sink by about 3 inches. I had to make another 2 phonecalls to get enough water and by the time we left at 11am the water was still not on. I am sure this is a one off but i would rather it happened when we were not staying! I have emailed the manger to request a refund!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sarah b
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Dear sarah b,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to London-Heathrow, England.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Greek first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed here the night before a flight, because of its parking service provided (managed by a third party) and its close location to the terminals. The hotel is easy to find just off the M4 and the hotel has an access road straight off the M4 service road. The hotel has a huge car park.

Check in was quick and I was given a room close to the lifts, which I liked, no need to walk down long corridors and speedy access in the morning! (anyone who says they can hear the lifts in a hotel is a liar IMHO)

The hotel is very big and has its own convenience shop, 2 restaurants, one being a Indian, a bar and a pub, both which serve food. After a lot of deliberation I chose the restaurant, the food was good, but priced like a business airport hotel. As a Gold priority club member I got a drink voucher, which I used in the bar before going to bed.

My room was spacious, beds are comfortable and rooms are clean and have had new modern furnishings, Bathroom was less modern but nevertheless clean and did the job more than adequately.

I was up at just before 5 for my early flight and found my bill had been slid under the door, (I hadn't requested this) which means all I had to do was hand my card into reception. Even at 5:15 the reception was busy so the express checkout saved time.

Overall I had a pleasant stay, the hotel is what you expect of a Crowne Plaza with clean modern rooms. It had enough activities to keep you occupied if you had a stopover waiting for a flight and the staff are helpful towards travelers. I would certainly stay here again if I needed hotel parking

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dagmara S, General Manager's Office at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Leaping_Deere,

We really appreciate the time you have taken to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

Our team here at the Crowne Plaza London-Heathrow are delighted you had a great stay with us. It’s always nice to read that guests are pleased not only with the service that we are providing but with the facilities that are available on the hotel's grounds. We aim to satisfy our guests and it’s a pleasure to read you found our newly implemented express check-out helpful.

We hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Dagmara Sikorska
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed in the Crown Plaza before jetting off for our honeymoon. I called in the afternoon prior to our stay in order to organise a bottle of champagne as a surprise to my wife. On arrival at the hotel this had been arranged and also a lovely letter welcoming us as husband and wife. A very nice touch.

We booked a standard room with 15 days VIP parking at Heathrow, the parking was operated by a 3rd party company but was all in the one very reasonable price. You certainly could not get parking and a hotel for the price we paid, coupled with this you were taken (in your own car) to the airport and dropped off right outside.

The rooms are spacious, clean and modern, the lobby area is huge and staff very welcoming. We were welcomed as priority club members which again is always a nice touch.

The hotel has a couple of bars of which we tried the main hotel bar, standard hotel service, prices etc.

Overall a very reasonable stay, I can't comment on the breakfast or the restaurant as we didn't use either.

Would definitely stay again when flying from Heathrow, location is great for terminal 4, 10 or 15 minute drive away.

An excellent hotel and great value for money booked directly from the Holiday Inn website.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dagmara S, General Manager’s Office at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear IanVicker,

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to complete a TripAdvisor review following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Heathrow.

I’m delighted to read you had a great stay, and hope you had a wonderful honeymoon. Once again we would like to wish you all the best and thank you for choosing our hotel to be a part of your celebration.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Brighton, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed here overnight prior to a morning flight out of Heathrow. PCR status was fully recognised, we had a Club room and frankly picky to fault the experience.
The Club lounge was on the whole excellent, a young Spanish chap who 's name I'm embarrassed to say I've forgotten looked after us extremely well. Only a couple of minor negatives - the Club Lounge canapés are not the usual buffet style help yourself, they get brought round very infrequently to your table on platters. Nice service touch perhaps, but I fear the object is undoubtedly to restrict consumption. Nice wines but disappointingly no spirits. What's the point of having a fridge full of mixers and no spirits? All the spices for a Bloody Mary and no vodka? Due to time pressure (and like the previous reviewer not knowing about it beforehand) we we're unable to avail ourselves of the full breakfast that we could have had downstairs.
Very nice property will certainly be staying again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Keith-in-Brighton-UK,

Thank you for posting a TripAdvisor review following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Heathrow.

I am delighted that you are happy with service you received in Club Lounge, however I am disappointed to learn the items provided in our lounge where not served to the level of your expectations. – I have addressed this with my Club Lounge Manager.

I hope to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza in a very near future.

san francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Looking forward to another stay at LHR Crowne Plaza this week. Spacious, quiet rooms, fully-stocked mini-bar, perfect bath, great room service, wonderful warm-water pool and windows that slide open - so lovely after a long flight to have fresh air. As a Priority Platinum person, I am upgraded to the lounge level if that floor is not full which I appreciate. But nobody ever told me about the complimentary breakfast for us PPPs in the restaurant on the weekends or if I'm not upgraded. I find that pretty poor customer service since I've been staying here for YEARS. We will see when I check in on Wednesday if someone has figured out how to communicate with the top loyalty guests. I know I'll enjoy my long swim after unpacking, then a lovely dinner and good night's sleep before my flight to Paris on Thursday.

Room Tip: I like the rooms way at the end of the hall overlooking some fields and trees.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dagmara S, General Manager's Office at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear JSN,

Thank you for adding very positive comments to the hotel’s TripAdvisor page. I was of course very pleased to learn you had a great stay and we are delighted you will be returning to stay with us soon.

The hotels policy regarding Platinum Priority Club members has recently changed to add value to our most loyal guests. I apologise if this was not explained on your last visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel this Wednesday and hope you will have a perfect stay before flying to Paris on Thursday.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I tend to stay at the Crowne Plaza a few times each year, before flying out of the UK and opt for a Club Room. The Club Lounge is peaceful and more relaxing than other facilities at the hotel.

I book a room for my partner and I but there is always only one dressing gown?

It is efficient, clean and does what it sets out to do. As i generally stay on a Saturday night the Club Room Buffet Breakfast is not provided, so you have a full breakfast in the main restaurant. This can be a mixed experience depending on how busy it is. As worst it is like a British Home Stores canteen with lengthy queues to get some toast, noisey and misbehaving children. At its best a relaxing and pleasant experience with good service and quality food.
Efficient check in and check out and couteous staff.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Village2lover,

Thank you for adding very positive comments to the hotel’s TripAdvisor page. I appreciate your comments about the bathrobes & Orwell’s Brasserie and each of the department heads have agreed remedial measures. I was of course very pleased to learn you had a great stay and hope you will stay again next time you need accommodation at the airport.

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Stayed here on a 3 night deal, visting for a family occasion.
The room was larger than it looks in the pictures. Clean, comfortable and very useful having a desk. Did not hear any noise from other guests.
The Staff were generally very friendly and helpful. A good atmosphere in general!
The breakfast choice was very good. We were lucky as all the 3 mornings the breakfast room was not too busy.
Husband used the Pool and Gym and was happy with both.
Only complaint was the high cost of the Internet and the mini bar in our room. However the same as a lot of Hotels it seems.
We both enjoyed our visit and would considering staying here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dagmara S, General Manager's Office at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Herinhere,

Thank you for adding very positive comments to the hotel’s TripAdvisor page. I was very pleased to learn you had a great stay and hope you will stay again next time you need accommodation in the area.

Dagmara Sikorska
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!