“Excellent room, location not great if airport isn't reason staying”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed solo at the Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow for 4 nights due to business at Stockley Park near Heathrow. I only had access to public transportation during my time here, which was a bit of a pain as not much access for that around the hotel. There are no restaurants or markets near the hotel, so I had to rely on breakfast and dinners at the hotel. If I were just staying here so I could catch a flight the next day, then it would have been fine. The food was fine, though prices very high and not good value. Wifi is very expensive, luckily the receptionist was very kind to me providing me a voucher. The room itself was excellent. It was large, clean, and a big, firm bed which was perfect for my bad back. There is self-service laundry available to guests on the 1st floor (2nd for Americans). Just call Housekeeping if you need detergent. I took the Hoppa bus for 4-5 pounds from Heathrow Terminal 5. For some reason the last stop was at the Novotel across the street rather to directly to the Crowne Plaza Heathrow, even though the Hoppa sign said it went to Crowne Plaza Heathrow. It was a pain to walk to the hotel from there. Ask the bus driver if they drop off directly at the hotel before getting on.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
CPGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Rico G,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings. However you did not enjoy some aspects regarding location. There are a number of small restaurants and pubs near by which some of them collects you by car free of charge or walking distance. Please see our Concierge/Guest Services team for further information when returning to our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Ideal location for Heathrow, with an onsite car park, so no worries about having to drive to the long or short term car parks.
Superbly fitted rooms, albeit a tad dark, as the lighting is very low
Helpful staff, a tad slow at the reception desk though
Value for money if you book the room and car parking together

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TheItalianTopDog,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and car parking options, and specially the helpfulness of our staff.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight at the Crowne Plaza,and it did not disappoint. The check-in took was very brief and efficient. The room was spacious and the beds cosy.
We had a meal at the Orwell restaurant. I chose a steak and my wife had a sea bass. Both were properly done and presented.
On our return, the process of getting the car park ticket endorsed took less than 2 minutes!
I admit that I am biased when reviewing this hotel but this was the sixth time I book and each time it does not disappoint.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nadir O

Dear Nadir O,

Thank you for your loyalty and review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you continue to enjoy our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the restaurant.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

To be honest, we stayed here because it was the cheapest of the better hotels when we included the parking for 20 days, we usually stay at the Skyline which was far too expensive this year. However, we are happy to have found this hotel, the rooms are really nice, the beds are great and the bathrooms modern and clean. We have a few noise problems but that's because of the inconsiderate neighbours crashing around and it's not the hotels fault. The restaurant here is very nice and the service especially from Mohammed is exceptional, really first class, well done! My guess is this will become our hotel of choice next time we come away, we are two very happy customers

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vince M

Dear Vince M,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our Mohammed.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I've stayed here a few times before and stayed again on the 21st December before flying out of Heathrow. The hotel is located just off the M4 and is easy to get to. There is a lot of parking at the hotel and the buses run to and from Heathrow regularly.

Check-in is always very quick and hassle free and I had a room on the ground floor. This was at the end of the corridor and was very quiet, no noise at all. The room was big and had a good size bathroom. The shower was fine in the morning and had plenty of hot water.

The in-room dining was reasonable, but could have been a little warmer, and was a little on the expensive side. I've eaten in the restaurant before and it has always been ok.

The club lounge has small snacks available, as well as free drinks (including alcohol) and is quite comfortable to relax in.

The internet is quite expensive and is only an ok speed. I tethered my devices from my phone which was far better. As a Platinum IHG member, I should have had free wifi, but this wasn't offered.

I'd stay here again if I fly from Heathrow, but only if the price is comparable to others in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Lee_147

I am pleased that you continue to enjoy our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the club lounge. With regards to Wifi, Gold and Platinum Elite members have complimentary wifi and soon in 2014 all members will have it as well. For a higher speed internet, a discounted rate is offered for Elite members.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Check in:

This took about 10 minutes as there was only one person manning the desk for a while. Various managerial looking people kept coming out and running away before anybody could ask them anything!

When I was finally seen to, I was a bit annoyed at the wait. However, the person who checked me in (the night manager) was extremely pleasant and welcoming - other hotels could learn from him! Despite being busy, he took the time to explain a few of the hotel facilities, whilst also fielding calls. As an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member, I was given an upgrade to a Club Room, which was appreciated.

The Room:

This was fairly large, had a work desk, a large bed and flatscreen tv. It also had tea/coffee facilities and a well-stocked minibar.

The bathroom, whilst fairly clean, was showing its age and was compact. The towel was also threadbare.

Sleep quality was fine, but the build quality of the hotel is such that you can hear adjoining rooms.

Check out was fast and again friendly. The night manager saw me and popped over to check on my stay (by name, impressive given the size of the hotel!) he also offered me a breakfast bag as it was 4AM and breakfast obviously wasn't being served.

Overall, it's a perfectly good place to stay before a flight - nice bar area too. The thing that stood out was the personal attention from the night manager - in big airport hotels, it is rare to have the human touch, so it was appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Travelfan199

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the special attention and friendliness from our NIght Manager. Your feedback has been passed to him who was really excited.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

It's an airport hotel - that really sums it up. Extraordinarily busy, probably overpriced but I used AirMiles. Evening meal - Steak was OK, but not over exciting; breakfast (buffet) was predictably acceptable. Wi-Fi costs an arm and a leg, complete rip off by this and seemingly almost all other large group hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guido342

I am pleased that you our hotel facilities and offerings. With regards to Wifi, we provide complimentary wifi to our Elite Gold and Platinum members and soon in 2014, this will be extended to all IHG loyalty members.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!