“Just whats needed the night before a flight”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Just whats needed the night before a flight”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked and stayed at CP Heathrow the night before an early flight out for Christmas. Its easy enough to get to due to the hotel buses that run every 30 minutes from the airport and the hotel and for £7 who can complain???

On arrival it was quite impressive with all the Christmas displays and a friendly Concierge greeting people as they come in offering help with luggage. Checking in was simple but could have been done so much better. There was no offer of breakfast timings, where to find the lifts, when dinner is served or where the health spa was located.
After arriving in my room I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the room. Lovely and spacious and extremely quiet which was good. After settling I went and explored the hotel to find the spa and grab a drink in the bar. On my way back to my room I noticed that there were still a lot of items in the corridor that needed clearing.

The health spa was great and staff were amazingly friendly. The pool, hot tub and the sauna were well worth the hour spent relaxing.

The rest of the stay was great. Wake up call was received (twice????) and I checked out without any hassle and just in time to catch the bus back to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
CPGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Cindoz

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our staff. Your feedback is very important and has been shared with the relevant departments.

Manager Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Greek first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

(The Who)

My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Heathrow before and after a recent trip to Abu Dhabi. On our outward journey we had booked the 'room and parking' package, while on the return I used some loyalty points.

On both visits the check-in was fast, efficient, friendly and, dare I say it? Cheery! My thanks to Beth and Oliver for restoring my faith in human nature. We also received upgrades to'Club' rooms, with lounge access which was most welcome after a long journey. We met interesting people and enjoyed some stimulating conversations.

On our first stay we enjoyed dinner in the 'Orwells' restaurant, the plank steaks were delicious and, for the most part, tender - mine was a bit scraggy in one corner, but these things happen. The dismissive response from the chef when I expressed my disappointment is a minor negative aspect, perhaps he was having a bad night.

We also enjoyed a drink in "Dr O'Driscolls" bar on our 'outward' stay, and were slightly disappointed to find it closed on our return visit.

The rooms, yes, they're a little bit tired, but they're comfortable and well appointed, nothing to complain about.

Our only complaint, and hence the title of this review, are the Crowne Plaza's amazing vanishing bell boys.

I have never experienced, in a hotel of this quality, bell-boys who are so quick to disappear. Guests were forced to take the luggage gondolas to take their own baggage to and from their rooms, and when we found the gondolas missing and the bell boys nowhere to be found, had to drag our baggage to and from our bedrooms.

That complaint notwithstanding, for an airport hotel the Crowne Plaza does the job, and does it well; I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the lifts, in case you have to carry your own luggage!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobtheBrit
Dear BobtheBrit

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our staff Beth and Oliver. Your feedback is very important and has been shared with relevant department and with regards to the Bell Boy, on your return to our hotel, if you do not see them, please ask reception to arrange this for you as they could be delivering other luggage to other guests, hence why the luggage trolley could not be seen.

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed solo at the Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow for 4 nights due to business at Stockley Park near Heathrow. I only had access to public transportation during my time here, which was a bit of a pain as not much access for that around the hotel. There are no restaurants or markets near the hotel, so I had to rely on breakfast and dinners at the hotel. If I were just staying here so I could catch a flight the next day, then it would have been fine. The food was fine, though prices very high and not good value. Wifi is very expensive, luckily the receptionist was very kind to me providing me a voucher. The room itself was excellent. It was large, clean, and a big, firm bed which was perfect for my bad back. There is self-service laundry available to guests on the 1st floor (2nd for Americans). Just call Housekeeping if you need detergent. I took the Hoppa bus for 4-5 pounds from Heathrow Terminal 5. For some reason the last stop was at the Novotel across the street rather to directly to the Crowne Plaza Heathrow, even though the Hoppa sign said it went to Crowne Plaza Heathrow. It was a pain to walk to the hotel from there. Ask the bus driver if they drop off directly at the hotel before getting on.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Rico G,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings. However you did not enjoy some aspects regarding location. There are a number of small restaurants and pubs near by which some of them collects you by car free of charge or walking distance. Please see our Concierge/Guest Services team for further information when returning to our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Ideal location for Heathrow, with an onsite car park, so no worries about having to drive to the long or short term car parks.
Superbly fitted rooms, albeit a tad dark, as the lighting is very low
Helpful staff, a tad slow at the reception desk though
Value for money if you book the room and car parking together

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TheItalianTopDog,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and car parking options, and specially the helpfulness of our staff.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight at the Crowne Plaza,and it did not disappoint. The check-in took was very brief and efficient. The room was spacious and the beds cosy.
We had a meal at the Orwell restaurant. I chose a steak and my wife had a sea bass. Both were properly done and presented.
On our return, the process of getting the car park ticket endorsed took less than 2 minutes!
I admit that I am biased when reviewing this hotel but this was the sixth time I book and each time it does not disappoint.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nadir O
Dear Nadir O,

Thank you for your loyalty and review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you continue to enjoy our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the restaurant.

Udon Thani, Thailand
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

To be honest, we stayed here because it was the cheapest of the better hotels when we included the parking for 20 days, we usually stay at the Skyline which was far too expensive this year. However, we are happy to have found this hotel, the rooms are really nice, the beds are great and the bathrooms modern and clean. We have a few noise problems but that's because of the inconsiderate neighbours crashing around and it's not the hotels fault. The restaurant here is very nice and the service especially from Mohammed is exceptional, really first class, well done! My guess is this will become our hotel of choice next time we come away, we are two very happy customers

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vince M
Dear Vince M,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our Mohammed.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I've stayed here a few times before and stayed again on the 21st December before flying out of Heathrow. The hotel is located just off the M4 and is easy to get to. There is a lot of parking at the hotel and the buses run to and from Heathrow regularly.

Check-in is always very quick and hassle free and I had a room on the ground floor. This was at the end of the corridor and was very quiet, no noise at all. The room was big and had a good size bathroom. The shower was fine in the morning and had plenty of hot water.

The in-room dining was reasonable, but could have been a little warmer, and was a little on the expensive side. I've eaten in the restaurant before and it has always been ok.

The club lounge has small snacks available, as well as free drinks (including alcohol) and is quite comfortable to relax in.

The internet is quite expensive and is only an ok speed. I tethered my devices from my phone which was far better. As a Platinum IHG member, I should have had free wifi, but this wasn't offered.

I'd stay here again if I fly from Heathrow, but only if the price is comparable to others in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Lee_147

I am pleased that you continue to enjoy our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the club lounge. With regards to Wifi, Gold and Platinum Elite members have complimentary wifi and soon in 2014 all members will have it as well. For a higher speed internet, a discounted rate is offered for Elite members.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!