“Highly recommended!”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Telford, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed as a couple in a club room at Crown Plaza early January 2014, spacious, comfortable and well appointed room. Friendly staff eager to help. Club lounge and associated facilities on same floor as club rooms which seems a better arrangement than the Plaza in Manchester. Excellent value for money. Free Wi Fi in rooms is anticipated in the near future which will help make Crown Plaza my first choice.

Room Tip: Recommend an upgrade to club room and associated club lounge benefits & full breakfast - well wo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
CPGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Kia57

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our staff and club lounge facilities.

Manager Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Location: Near LHR but not within walking distance. Plenty of parking spaces at a charge. There's a golf course nearby.

Check in: Friendly reception staff, check in was quick and efficient.

Room: Large Club room on the 4th floor, very well appointed, nice large bed, 2 seats , a round table and large desk with office chair. The bathroom was very nice too, with good quality toiletries, bathrobes and huge towels. Huge TV and lots of tea and coffe provided. The Club room is worth the extra cost if you prefer large rooms, and they also have a bigger bathroom. The bed linen is excellent, so hard to get out of bed in the morning. The room was quiet, I couldn't hear any outside from noise.

Club Lounge: Probably the best selection of drinks and canapes in Crowne Plaza in the UK. They had spirits, wines and beers, fresh food and biscuits. The staff is always very attentive and both food and drinks were replenished throughout the evening. Lots of magazines and papers too. The only problem here is the wifi, it was very weak and slow. Other than that, it was a pleasant place to have a few drinks before dinner or a coffee in the afternoon.

Leisure facilities: Large pool, jacuzzi and saunas. The leisure club is showing it's age and could be a bit cleaner, but is large and pleasant for London standards. Very busy on Saturday afternoon but really quiet on Sunday morning. It was great to see the sunrise from the jacuzzi in the morning. Both the steam room and sauna were hot enough to forget about the cold weather outside.

Breakfast: we had it in the brasserie, lots of hot and cold options, 3 different kinds of juice, smoothie, fresh fruit, freshly prepared omeletes, etc. I think they serve a great breakfast, much better than the Radisson Hotels around the airport. The bread was really nice.

All in all a great stay, better than my previous stay there last year. Public areas were very clean and the staff I came accroos were friendly. The only problem I encountered was the slow wifi in the Club lounge, all the rest gets top marks from me. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Go for the 4th floor or Club room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Avs75,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our staff and the club lounge facility. I will also look into your comment about the wifi as we take your feedback very seriously.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here on the way to and then returning from our holiday destination. There really was nothing to fault. Check in was fast and efficient, staff friendly and helpful, the food divine! Close to the airport. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, certainly value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bridgey08
CPGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Bridgey08

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our reception staff.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here as a park and stay deal for our new years eve trip to New York. The staff at reception were most helpful, the room was clean. We used the restaurant in the evening, which was reasonable . The hopper bus was a great help for transferring to the airport and back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Harty52,

Colchester
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We often use the park and stay facilities around airports and the Crowne Plaza was one that we had not tried before. Reception was quite efficient but there was no help with the luggage which would have been useful especially in the wild weather and the door staff were watching from the lobby. Once the cases were unloaded then came the drive around the hotel to the long stay parking area. If you have a car that is low to the ground be careful of the speed bumps as they are made for buses not cars!

The room was comfortable and had all that you would expect. We booked the evening buffet meal and that was wholesome and varied, just what you need before a journey. Breakfast was plentiful and you needed your experienced hunter gatherer skills as the buffet was slightly illogical in layout. The cutlery was not very clean. Plenty of tea and toast to fill up on. The Hoppa bus was very quick from this hotel - a big plus.

On our return the car was in one piece in spite of the roaring gales if covered in deep leaves and twigs. The reception was very efficient and the door staff actually helped us off the premises - well just about.

Location is excellent, car park OK and room fine. Look for the bargain deal and you'll be happy

Room Tip: Always opt for non smoking and get first floor if possible away from noise
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear LazyT,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and park stay go option, specially the friendliness and efficiency of our staff. Your feedback is very important and has been shared with the relevant departments.

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza at West Drayton as part of a Coach Party tour. 2 nights departing on 02 Jan 2014. There were 3 other coach parties amounting to about 200 people.There were also many other clients. In summary, it was a busy place.
Fortunately, it was blessed by competent, patient and helpful staff.
Rooms were very good but a little tired in decor, fittings and furnishing. Certainly very good except for nit-picking trivia.
Food was good but not piping hot, plates were cold. Breakfast and dinner were of the self service sort. It could have been hot if provided fresh in smaller quantities rather that a big amount left out for a long time. I tend to like my food hot on plates sufficiently warm for enjoyment for the 20 minutes or so on table. The calories and the variety were there.
Overall, the hotel was excellent but with minor weaknesses.
Despite proximity to Heathrow, neither road traffic noise nor aircraft intruded.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear MacGotraid,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the efficiency of our staff. Your feedback is very important and has been shared with the relevant departments.

Lewes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here for one night on the 30th December in preparation for an early flight the next morning.

Travelling with a lot of luggage (8 guitars, equipment, suitcases), I really could have used the help of the doorman who I have complained about before, who at one point refused to offer his assistance, and told me I was being selfish by using the luggage room.

Reception staff were fantastic, check in was superbly straight forward.

The concierge was very helpful in arranging the delivery of an incredibly important package before my arrival.

Maybe I'm too British, but the nonexistence of any queuing system in place at both the concierge and reception desks led all the guests to become pretty primal against one another.

My rooms had well and truly started to look tired and dated, but it was still pleasant, clean and functional.

I tried to eat in the restaurant, but the lack of any real vegetarian options other than salads led me to the room service menu instead, which was fantastic. I really don't understand why any of those options are considered in the restaurant which would have been much more pleasant.

The staff in the bar had no idea or form of control, the waitress who served me had no idea what I meant by "whiskey", so that took 5 minutes of explaining, meanwhile the place is overrun with screaming, frantic children (at 10pm), with parents who didn't care, and staff who were too afraid to do anything about it.

So, I've gone from loving this hotel to feeling pretty torn about it... not sure if I'll stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank hjpkt
Dear Harry P

Thank you for your loyalty and review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you continue to enjoy most aspects of our hotel and offerings, specially the friendliness and efficiency of our staff. I have also noted your disappointment in certain areas where we failed you, therefore please accept my deepest apologies. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact me on lonha.guestrelations@ihg.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!