3,322 results
All reviewsthe club loungeindian restauranttwo double bedsirish barhealth clubmain restaurantcar parkhoppa busgood sizemini barroom was largean upgradebusy hotelstayed here for one nightdays parkinglong flightbooked this hotel
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My family and I stayed before going on holiday. Everything about the stay was excellent from checking in to departure. Lovely big room comfortable bed and great breakfast with lots of choice. Relaxing start to our holiday would definitely come again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Julie M

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the friendliness of our staff.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed 1night before and after going on holiday from Heathrow airport in a club room with access to club lounge which included free bar and canopies 6pm to 9pm.a good large room with views of the airport,"hoppa buses" to transfer to airport £9 for 2 people,limos about £13.The breakfast in the restaurant was really good and is to be recomended,their is also a lobby bar and pub serving meals as well!The staff were very attentive and pleasant all in all we would certainly stay again a wonderful way to start a trip.

Room Tip: club rooms are on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidcarol

Dear DavidCarol,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the friendliness of our staff and the great service in the club lounge.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Last night I went to see an old friend who was stopping over with his family at the Crowne Plaza between flights and we decided to eat in Orwell's Brasserie as the menu looked good.

However, the service was dreadful - the worst I've had in a "supposedly" decent restaurant for years. We were taken to our table and given menus/wine list etc and 10 mins later the Maitre'd/head waiter came to take our order - so far, so good. Then he came back, not only with the wrong wine, but the wrong colour wine - we had ordered a white, he had bought a red. 5 minutes later he came back with the correct wine. He gave a taster to our host, who said it was fine and the waiter proceeded to fill each of our glasses - except for the guy who had tasted it, who he left with an empty glass - not an auspicious start!

After about 20 minutes the bread and olives we had ordered finally arrived. 45 minutes later our food still hadn't! Finally, after about an hour and 20 minutes our food, or at least some of it, arrived. By this time, one of the party had had to go up to their room as their young child was was getting over-tired, hungry and grumpy. We had to get their order sent up to their room.

Our main course arrived, and about 10 minutes later the first of our side dishes arrived, followed 5 minutes later by others. One was forgotten altogether because the waiter who took the order in the first place had got it wrong!

Throughout all of this the Maitre'd/head waiter was conspicuous by his absence. We had one junior waiter (from Romania) who tried to sort things out and looked embarrassed by the shambles he was trying to correct. It would be better if he was put in charge.

What is particularly sad about the whole debacle, is that the food itself when it actually arrived was excellent. All fresh, well cooked and well presented - the crispy courgettes in particular were as good as any I have ever had.

So the chefs can cook well - what a shame that they are terribly let down by dreadful service (with one shining exception). They desperately need a restaurant manager who has heard of customer service!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Swarf_the_Traveller

Dear Swarf_the_Traveller

I am so sorry to hear of your poor experience at our restaurant and please accept my apologies as this is not the standards we aim to deliver. If you wish to discuss this further, please contact me at lonha.guestrelations@ihg.com

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We did not actually stay overnight here, but felt this hotel definitely needed a review from us. My son was staying here for the Natwest Finals at Twickenham. We stayed at a different hotel and visited him at the Crowne Plaza. The staff were really helpful from the time we arrived and we had telephoned them earlier in the evening to book into their Indian Restaurant, Erika. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant, the staff were fantastic and the food was amazing. We choose to stay in the hotel for the rest of the evening in the bar area as it was very chilled and spacious with a relaxed atmosphere. My son said the food was really good and the rooms were nice. The staff very kindly organised a taxi to take us back to our hotel and even though we were not staying in their hotel we were treated as if we were. I would definitely stay here next time and travel the 7 miles into Twickenham to the stadium. Fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Kingston1Devon,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings during your visit to your son and enjoyed the facilities, atmosphere, food and he friendliness of our staff.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Restaurant is very good, give food a go, beds are ok could be more comfy..... Watch out the Executive lounge drinks close at 9pm on a Friday.... I did not arrive till 8:50pm bar staff are good - bar prices are a bit expensive, but London hotels

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear roddym_australia,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the restaurant food.