“Park Stay & Go”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Dorset, England.
“Park Stay & Go”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

On arrival we were directed to park behind the hotel on an undulating grassy field, not in a car park. Luckily we spotted the golf course at the end of the field and parked well away from it. We left the car with a slight concern about the location, but on our return it was still there and undamaged. The hotel was fine, very friendly reception staff, room a good size with a comfortable bed, bathroom reasonable except for the splash marks on the floor around the toilet!!! We heard no aircraft noise but were told we had a room on the 'quiet side' of the hotel. We chose not to eat in the hotel as prices were on the high side. When we picked the car up we were given a little 'goodie bag', a nice touch. We would not stay again as we were not happy with the long stay 'car park', but otherwise OK.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'the quiet side' of the building.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sooobie
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Sooobie,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and its facilities and friendliness of our staff. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations with the long stay car parking. If there is anything I can do for you in the future to return, please contact me directly to discuss it further on lonha.guestrelations@ihg.com

Manager Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Greek first
Pune, India
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Heathrow for 5 nights in May 2014.

It took me about 5 mins by cab from Terminal 4 to reach the hotel. Check-in was pretty quick and my room was ready. The room was comfortable and reasonably spacious. The bathroom was tiny but functional and clean.

Some of the small things weren't done; complimentary water was never once replenished during the five days I was there. When I finally called and asked for some, it took them a good 45 mins to get the water. Likewise for the toiletries. I had coffee mugs and sachets and everything else that goes with it but no spoons. Why no spoons! How do I stir my coffee?!!

In spite of these small things I had a comfortable and largely pleasant stay. I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to friends who wish to stay near the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear SaketPandit

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and its facilities and great efficient check in. I am sorry to hear not everything was perfect in your room and please accept my apologies. This is certainly not the standards and water and replenishments are to be done daily in all rooms. I am glad this was addressed while you were at the hotel and your comments have been shared with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure there is no repeat of the same.

Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We arrived on a Sunday lunchtime thinking that the bar was open as I wanted to watch a football match, but it was closed until 5.00pm. I went to speak with the duty manager to explain and she helped get us in our room early so that I could watch the football on the tv in our room.

I mentioned in conversation with the duty manager that we were going on holiday to celebrate my wife's birthday and to renew our wedding vows. Half an hour later there was a knock on our door and a waitress with a complimentary bottle of wine - a very kind and classy act, that duty manager deserves special recognition!

On top of that, our room was great, the reception staff very very helpful, our dinner in the hotel restaurant was excellent, parking was a breeze, the shuttle was on time - and all at a very good price. Many thanks, and keep up the great work

Room Tip: No idea, but our room was excellent
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Sawboboy,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and that your found so many of our services to your expectations. It is also very good to hear that our staff went the extra mile to get you checked-in to watch the football, and also that we reconised your special occasion's by sending up a gift. Happy Birthday from everyone at Crowne Plaza London-Heathrow to your wife & Congratulations on your renewed vows !

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If the price is right, this is my preferred choice for stays at Heathrow. Very pleasant staff, great rooms and facilities. Prices can be a little high on some nights which tends to push me to the Holiday Inn (J4 M4).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Markadlz

I am pleased that you enjoy staying at our hotel and we are your first choice in Heathrow.

hitchin
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is ideal for travellers - obviously! Although it's very ugly from the exterior, the interior decor is nice and the prices at the bar are exceptionally good considering that this is a hotel. The room we had was large and well equipped; unfortunately, it had not been cleaned and, despite reporting it immediately and being reassured that house-keeping would attend to it immediately, this was not the case. However, upon further complaint, the hotel has offered an upgrade free of charge next time we book.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jo w
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear jo w,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We greatly appreciate your high rating on several aspects.

​However, I am sorry to read that our level of cleanliness did not live up to your expectations. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your future stay.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and 3 children while we visited legoland and the natural history museum. Staff were excellent,brilliant with the children,could not do enough for us. Rooms lovely and spacious and breakfast excellent,highly recommend and cannot wait to stay again! Thanks so much!

Stayed May 2014
Dear Rachel L,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and its offerings while staying to visit Legoland. I will pass onto the team your kind words about the service, and hope you had a great day at Legoland with your family too.

UK
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had the pleasure of re-vising the Crowne Plaza on Park and Stay basis with my family over Easter before we flew off fo the Far East. We were welcomed with fresh apples on check in, and just about got one as two Japanese ladies threw their coats over them and tried to take the lot!!

Our room was a standard two queen bed room and perfectly clean and tidy for the four of us - even though my two girls are adults. The bathroom was spotless. We ate in the Irish Pub and food was fresh, plentiful and good. Shame that the wine came in at £9.50 a glass though!

We all slept well and ate a hearty full English breakfast in Orwells Brasserie. Only disappointment here was the lack of proper bacon - which there usually is a plentiful supply of. We were treated to rather fatty streaky which disappointed my daughter.

Ann on the Concierge Desk was helpful as always and booked us a reasonably priced taxi to Terminal 1. This worked out cheaper than the Hotel Hoppa for the four of us.

Overall a great stay at my favourite Heathrow hotel - I would not stay anywhere else and look forward to returning to you in 2015.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear RayleighTraveller,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, and I will be sure to pass your kind words onto Ann at Concierge about her service. Its wonderful to hear all the area's of the hotel you were happy with and I will pass onto our F&B Manager your comment about the Bacon as an area of improvment.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future,

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!