“Convenient stop”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (2,599)

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed here on our final night in the UK and needed to get up early for our flight home. We found the bed one of the comfiest we had experienced in all the UK and found the room really comfortable. We didn't sample any of the restaurant food or anything other than our room but were very pleased with it. Should we require airport accommodation again in the UK we'll be back.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review. It is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your night and our comfy memory foam mattress.

We are also pleased that you already intend to come back to visit us on your next trip to the UK.

I wish you a lovely Christmas and a wonderful year 2014.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This hotel was very nice I got a warm welcome from R Chetty. The room very nice large room.
There tea/coffee tray. The bath room was very clean I like the shower door. ipod station was good. I had a very good sleep. There gym you have to sign in to get your gym and pool key. The gym was good with tv in there. The swimming pool the water was very nice and warm. In the morning I got the i newspaper. I had hot breakfast was very good cooked very freshly. Also there free 20 mins internet table for everyone. I enjoyed myself all the staff were very friendly. Would I come back 100% yes.

Room Tip: There free i newpaper veryday. There free 20 mins internet table.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Rajesh4cat,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am pleased that the staff made your stay memorable and I will ensure to pass on your comments to Ridwannah.

It is also very nice to hear that you have enjoyed all the facilities during your stay.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Best Wishes for the New Year and see you soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had to view 4 rooms before we found one that was suitable and if we hadnt been so tired we would've moved onto a different hotel. Even the 4th room has an old stain mark on the bed and sofa. The so called refurbished rooms look old and used already. Refurbished, if at all, to a low standard. The reception area looks the business and gives you a false idea of what the rooms are really like.

We ate in the bar/restaurant and the food was over priced, littlle choice and awful. I sent the soup back andwhen I challenged the waitress about them charging me she told me "it wasnt their fault"! Who made the soup, I didnt.

Breakfast, another disaster. no cups, cutlery, condiments on table, fried eggs heating under heat lamps and basically not worth our money. Dont believe all the positive hype like we did.

No nice Christmas music and its 20 Dec!!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
2  Thank melsian

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience following your stay with us.

I am grateful for your extensive comments and we will look into the different subjects you have been referring to.

I can already reassure you that your feedback will be very helpful to us.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a a happy new year.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here a few years ago and loved it, it seemed even better this time. The staff were all very friendly, I love the decor of the lobby and the room, and the bed was so comfortable! The hotel seems to be kept up really well, there was even some painting being done while we were there. We were able to get a great rate to leave our car while travelling outside of the UK for a few days, and the shuttle to Heathrow runs every 20 minutes. We also had a nice dinner in the restaurant... We will definitely be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jeff,

Many thanks for this lovely review and this superb 5 star rating.

It is nice to hear that you have once again enjoyed your stay. Thank you for noticing the ameliorations that we have made to the property as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our product and offer the best possible quality. Look out for more changes to come next year!

I hope to welcome you again soon meanwhile I would like to wish you a marvellous Christmas and a happy New Year!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed one night after a 30 hour transit time from Australia and having pre-paid for an evening meal, unfortunately fell asleep. At checkout the staff were reasonable and deducted the 19 GBP (yes, that's 32 USD) I spent on one burger and one beer around 3pm from my more expensive prepaid meal cost - which I didn't eat by virtue of being asleep later in the day.
So all in all the hotel ended up ahead, but I didn't mind because I thought it was a reasonable gesture.

Now 3 weeks later I receive an email from the poor guy who presumably checked me out:
"I am very sorry to contact you again for your bills of 19.50 which you had in our restaurant. I have checked with my manager and that I came to know that I couldn’t deduct this amount from your bills as prepaid dinner booking"

This manager should be help up as an example of how to damage the Accor hotels brand on an international basis.

By way of full disclosure, I paid for part of my stay using vouchers accrued for previous nights at Accor hotels, and for being an AdvantagePlus member, that should have given the 'manager' a clue that this wasn't a one-off stay and the impact of their action will be far more than 19 GBP.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rsp8
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matter. I can confirm that we will come back to you very soon.

Meanwhile, please feel free to contact me on h1551-gm@accor.com to discuss this further and in person.

Kind regards