“Would have expected better such a shame”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Would have expected better such a shame”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel looks very nice from the outside and also in reception, very clean and welcoming, the room sizes are good and the family room is a good size, the staff are friendly and try to help which is a bonus too, the breakfast has a good selection and as long as you pre book on line it's not bad value either, £10 each for adults and kids eat free,

However here is my problems. We arrived late and the kids were tired so went to bed, no duvet cover, was not to bothered about this but only when they were asleep I noticed some dried blood on duvet, I complained the next morning and they ensured that this would be sorted out, this was not as it was put back in the sofa bed that I had already folded away minus the dirty duvet, as you can imagine I was not happy, this then changed at 10.30pm!! Breakfast was refunded to us as a result

Upon arrival the signs for the entrance are very misleading, not so much by the hotel but work going on have obscured them I missed the enter acne and had to go right round the roundabout again, word of warning just keep an eye out,

We used the hotel to stay at for 2 days in Legoland windsor, very good location, despite the issues I will book again and give it a second chance

Stayed April 2014
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Domjmoore,

Thank you for your review following your stay at our property.

I am glad that you have enjoyed the room and that you found the service to be good. I was disappointed however about the issue you have encountered with the duvet cover and I can assure you that we are looking into the situation in order to prevent future occurrence.

I have contacted you directly by e-mail so to discuss the matter further.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Travelling as a group of 10 we were met at reception by possibly one of the most friendly member of staff, Lara. She could not have been more helpful. We had to submit certain paperwork but as she could see were tired from travelling she allowed us to bring them down at our leisure.
The room was spacious, clean, good facilites - I could plug in my ipod to listen through the tv- the shower was hot and powerful and even better a rain shower head which was lovely after the long train journey.
I ordered room service and some of the group ate in the restaurant and from all of us we cannot fault the food or the service.
The shuttle to the different terminals picks up from right outside and you can purchase a ticket from a machine at the hotel so very handy.
All in all I can highly recommend this as a good value hotel to stay in when flying out of Heathrow.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear KirstySC,

Thank you so much for this lovely review of your stay at our hotel.

I will ensure to pass on your compliments to the team and especially Lara as we too think that she is great!

I am also glad that you have enjoyed our facilities from the room to the food.

We hope to see you again soon.

Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

One night stop between days at Legoland, booked through Legoland with ticket deal and saved a lot. Easy to locate, right on junction. Very pleasant, curteous and efficient staff without the saccharine. Room was fine, neither exceptional or grim, we only needed a bed and shower as so tired. Pleasant pool in the morning, bountiful breakfast to keep us filled up for the next day. Efficient check out.
In conclusion, functional, efficient and painless, recommended

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mountainmop
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this nice review.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be very pleasant. We are grateful that you are recommending us and we hope that we will see you again soon.

Best Regards,
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Front desk staff were unfriendly, unprofessional and could not care less about there guests. Our room was dirty, we had blood on our sheets and hair in the sink and bath. I overheaed several other guests complaining and overheard 2 hotel employees talking about anoyher guest is discusting manner. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I was disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

You can feel free to contact me directly on h1551-dm@accor.com so to tell me more about your experience.

We thank you again for your comments and hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Washington DC
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed here one night before going on to our next destination. The hotel feels new and very modern. The room we were initially given had a strong smell of smoke. Issue was solved quickly, we alerted the front desk staff and were immediately given another room. Large room, good amenities, comfortable bed. In the future we'll definitely stay here again if we have to overnight at Heathrow.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments following your stay at our property.

It is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that you intend to come back.

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!